Who Did You Have Winning Tyson Fury VS. Oleksandr Usyk And How Did You Score It? Oleksandr Usyk Won Via Split Decision

WHO DO YOU THINK WON THE FIGHT?

• Tyson Fury

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • Oleksandr Usyk

Votes: 174 90.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 3.1%

• Total voters
I remember round 12 as fairly close, truth be told I think the whole fight was.
But considering Usyk's size disadvantage it's still much better than everyone thought it would be when Usyk moved up in weight 5 years ago.... As Tony Bellew said before the fight: If Usyk was the same size, Fury wouldn't win one single round, let alone the fight.
Yeah, round 12 was close. I don't think Fury winning would have been a robbery either. I gave round 1 and 12 to Usyk but wasn't massively confident in doing so.

Yeah, I agree about the size when Usyk had Fury hurt there were a good few leaping hooks he missed because of the size. Any of those extra ones connected and it might not have gone to decision

While watching live i thought Usyk started well, then Fury came into it and started racking up a few rounds in a row.
I actually thought he was going to run away with it until the 8th-9th rounds when Usyk came back and then almost got the KO.
He probably couldve finished Fury the start of the next round, but he was rightfully a bit cautious i felt, then Fury seemed to wake up by the last 2 rounds.

Was a difficult one to score on initial viewing, and i actually thought theyd score it a draw.

Was very close, but Usyk probably did just edge it.

Usyk can get to at least 250 easy with the proper weight training otherwise Fury will just beat him up, anybody can gain 20 pounds of muscle.
Acquiring a belly like Quinton Jackson probably isn't in Usyk's best interest based on his fighting style.

Plus in reality, depending on how much muscle he has underneath the fat, gaining even 10lbs of muscle is gonna be almost impossible for him.

I say almost because people with the greatest genetics can gain 10lbs of muscle in what, a year of perfect bodybuilding training (assuming natty)? Excess weight is more or less water & fat

lol at the irony of you mentioning being objective. the fight went exactly as I said it would and you were wrong. Something that seems to be a trend for you.

The fight went exactly as you thought it would? So razor close with either guy potentially winning? lol what was I wrong about exactly?

Bro your still salty cause everyone called you out for endorsing a woman getting beaten

usyk took him to school.

it was a competitive fight and fury looked like he was taking over for a worrying stretch there, but then usyk turned it upside down, started outboxing him again and eventually came within a cunt's hair of stopping him.

i expect fury to pull his regular shenanigans now. call for a rematch, pull out of the rematch, fight chisora again, get arrested for some stupid shit, sign to rematch again, get caught on PEDs... you know. i honestly hope usyk doesn't even attempt to play along and just retires. he's 37, he's done literally everything there is to do in boxing, he's made a buttload of money, he should get out of the game while he hasn't taken any punishment and enjoy his retirement.

lol just say you hate fury

I was surprised that it was a split decision. Usyk clearly won, in my opinion.
I was surprised Usyk got the decision having only one knockdown in his favor I said he needed cat least 2 to get a decision win bc of the corruption going into this fight . Lol

Are ppl still thinking Fury won ? How ? It’s virtually impossible to give him this fight ,I watched it 3 times and each time I had Fury winning less and less , I gave him 4 rounds tops you could argue 3 if you actually count punches that actually landed . Lol

The only people who think Fury won is the Fury family.

He doesn’t have many fans left after his antics the last 18-24 months, but most of his remaining fans seem delusional and are insufferable. The poster in this thread trying to argue a 9-9 score for the 9th round is a typical fury fan!

Last edited:
The only people who think Fury won is the Fury family.
Theres others in the boxing industry that think it, but they are substantially in the minority.

have only seen clips so far, surprised it was close at all. I thought Usyk would run circles around Tyson. Tyson looked quicker than I've ever seen him. I guess he proved me wrong because I thought he'd do nothing after the Ngannou fight. I still think he loses the rematch even more clearly.

i think if fury would have let his hands go a bit earlier, and kept up that sustained body attack (it was working amazing), he could be the undisputed champ right now. maybe he got tired, but he definitely got lazy and let usyk find his confidence and second wind, because fury had basically beaten it out of him by the 7th.

The difference between an consumate PRO who NEVER in his whole career got fat and out of shape, vs a guy with all the gifts and physical tools but not the lifelong discipline, rather a series of ups and downs and spurts of dedication mixed with periods of laziness.

You can't make up for 20 years of dedication, even in a 7 month camp.

usyk took him to school.

it was a competitive fight and fury looked like he was taking over for a worrying stretch there, but then usyk turned it upside down, started outboxing him again and eventually came within a cunt's hair of stopping him.

i expect fury to pull his regular shenanigans now. call for a rematch, pull out of the rematch, fight chisora again, get arrested for some stupid shit, sign to rematch again, get caught on PEDs... you know. i honestly hope usyk doesn't even attempt to play along and just retires. he's 37, he's done literally everything there is to do in boxing, he's made a buttload of money, he should get out of the game while he hasn't taken any punishment and enjoy his retirement.

I agree with this - I constantly have to remind myself that Usyk was the older fighter, and he looked spectacular last night. But what incentive is there to keep going? How much longer before father time comes calling and Usyk begins to decline.

If he retires now, he will be forever remembered as one of the greatest to ever do it. He has spoken at length about missing huge parts of his young families life, and he deserves to enjoy life with them without the burden of fight camps or media obligations.

I thought the right person won, but I scored it for Fury by 1 point.

rd1 10-10 Draw
rd2 10-9 Usyk
rd3 10-9 Fury
rd4 10-9 Fury
rd5 10-9 Fury
rd6 10-9 Fury
rd7 10-9 Fury
rd8 10-9 Usyk
rd9 10-8 Usyk
rd10 10-9 Usyk
rd11 10-10 Draw
rd12 10-9 Fury

IMO who wins this fight depends on rd1 and rd11.... I'm a proponent to scoring very close rounds as 10-10, as if you "give" them to a fighter it takes away the value of more clear 10-9 rounds--Fury's middle rounds were a lot more dominate that Usyk was in the first 2 rounds or the last 3.

Usyk easily won that fight. I gave him 8 rounds. Tyson did nothing apart from 1 good body shot and a couple of uppercuts. The rest was Usyk.

Usyk was already at his careers heaviest at 233 pounds for this fight. And you think Fury, who had stamina issues at 262 pounds, should come in even heavier?
There should be a limit for how much fighters can bulk up, right?

Holyfield, who fought as a cruiserweight, never went north of what, ~215 even as a HW. Even that version of Holyfield is ripped, jacked, and heavily muscled.

Usyk is already pushing 230+ here and he's not looking so lean as a HW anymore when before he fought as light as 215 to 220
Usyk actually weighed in at 223, not 233. Michael Buffer announced it wrong and Usyk’s promoter corrected it afterwards. Boxrec has the correct weight listed.

Last edited:
Back