Who do you study the most?

thugpoet

The Dredd Wolf
@Brown
Reaction score
Marcelo even though his style just doesn't work for me.

Eddie Cummings/Garry T love their entries to the leg locks game.

And pretty much anybody who had a interesting run or legendary matches.

Roger for passing guard although I'm a relatively small guy (75-80 kgs)

I used to be obsessed by Rafa and bolo game for a certain time, but in the last years I became an hg (again)/butterfly/single X guy and I'm finding a great inspiration in Lachlan's game and instructionals.

Its crazy how many fantastic people there are to follow these days, but I love Roger Gracie. I don't even the same body type or similar attributes as him, but I love the way he uses fundamentals in the most refined way and that's what I always take away from him.

Marcelo even though his style just doesn't work for me.

Eddie Cummings/Garry T love their entries to the leg locks game.

And pretty much anybody who had a interesting run or legendary matches.

man thats a tough one i usually take 1 position i like fromc ertain guys

lucas leite for half

lovato jr/maia gordan ryan on passing

jake sheilds mount

gordan ryan maia back

Its crazy how many fantastic people there are to follow these days, but I love Roger Gracie. I don't even the same body type or similar attributes as him, but I love the way he uses fundamentals in the most refined way and that's what I always take away from him.
i wana study roger more but i honestly feel he does things that only work for him due to his long body type especially when it comes to his mount and closed guard eve closed guard game i notice rogers students dont play like him

but tbh lots of coaches cant teach their game to others the mendes bros did which was cool

Roger for passing guard although I'm a relatively small guy (75-80 kgs)

I used to be obsessed by Rafa and bolo game for a certain time, but in the last years I became an hg (again)/butterfly/single X guy and I'm finding a great inspiration in Lachlan's game and instructionals.
kinda similar to me during my colored belt years i wanted to be as fancy as possible with all sorts good open guards sweeps ect studied alot of rafa before he had his site but at tail end of brown i started going back to strong fundamentals making sure i had a solid tight gave hat worked on for mma as well so got into half and butterfly after i learnt overhook hf sweeps before that only marcelos butterfly game was popular and i never had great success sweeping the way he does with a underhook or collar tie and elbow

Caio Terra - I'm a small dude too
tbh idk why so many people love caio so much sure hes a great coach but what is he doing that makes people nut so hard?

i admit i havent really watched him much since 2016 but doubt he has changed very much since

tbh idk why so many people love caio so much sure hes a great coach but what is he doing that makes people nut so hard?

i admit i havent really watched him much since 2016 but doubt he has changed very much since

He's a hero to the smaller weight classes. One of the few guys below 170 to take absolutes.

Going by the metric of 'how many urls saved in my technique cyclopedia text file happen to be matches or studies or demonstrations of involving them', it's Yazdani.

Gui Mendes, both in instructional and live.

Rafa is the flashier one. But Gui has a pressure top game far almost anybody can play. The berimbolo is more Rafa, Gui is a lot less flashy and inverty on bottom.

Gui also has some of the best and efficient explanations out there. Also some of the most complete, meaning there are almost no situations that Gui didn't cover onthe Mendes bros site, provided you play like Gui.

Masakatsu Funaki and Masakazu Imanari if I had to pick two, I guess. Katsuya Toida is a guy I have watched a lot of as well. Lou Thesz. John Smith.

Succesful people with similar bodytypes and games.

I just want to add and tweak things into my game now. I cant see myself and my game radically changing.

He has a ton of cool solutions to things and a bazillion details and fuckton of custom things he has invented
Super smart dude and has ton of stuff figured out super well.

He has a ton of cool solutions to things and a bazillion details and fuckton of custom things he has invented
Super smart dude and has ton of stuff figured out super well.
hes like 99% gi tho so not my cup of tea i only train i like once a week just to keep my base solid and i like a strong fundamental game like lovato jr knee cut passing or weave passing with tons pressure from the top on bottom de la riva collar and sleeve and spider /butterfly

Gui Mendes, both in instructional and live.

Rafa is the flashier one. But Gui has a pressure top game far almost anybody can play. The berimbolo is more Rafa, Gui is a lot less flashy and inverty on bottom.

Gui also has some of the best and efficient explanations out there. Also some of the most complete, meaning there are almost no situations that Gui didn't cover onthe Mendes bros site, provided you play like Gui.
iv heard guys talk about gui pressure passing but i havent noticed much of it i use to be a aoj member and didnt see to much on smash type passing from him

Ultimate Surrender is an incredible online resource!

iv heard guys talk about gui pressure passing but i havent noticed much of it i use to be a aoj member and didnt see to much on smash type passing from him

U trained at aoj?

Back