Who else carries a blade at all times?

I used to carry a knife at all times and sometimes a machete or a quarter sword...like the little samarai sword O'ren Ishii pulls out in Kill Bill.

Different times tho, I hardly get involved in any street fighting these days.

I dont carry a knife but i do train in knife and stick fighting carrying a knife is one thing but knowing how to use it is another. The reason i dont carry a knife is because i live in australia biAthces!

ahhaahha you guys are lame as fuck

Yup, it's real lame to be prepared for situations where a knife might come in handy. Could be the difference between life and death. Let me guess, the only weapons you need are your two hands, right? :rolleyes:

I used to think carrying a knife was cool too,

when I was 10...

The other day, my wife had a strap on her sandle break at the mall. I cut it off and off we went. No pocket knife, and Im buying a new pair of shoes to finish the mall off. Thats why I carry a Knife, cuz you never know when your gonna need it. I dont carry it for a weapon. Just a handy tool.

Agreed. I usually carry a knife with me, and I've lost count of how many times I've used it for something simple like that, or even cutting a steak at a restaurant when their knife sucks.

If I'm headed into the city, I carry a small folding knife on me. Since I'm moving to the city later this month, I'll have it on me a lot more.

The way I figure, in a fight or an attack where I'm outnumbered and fighting for my life, I guess it'd be nice to have a bit of an equalizer. I'm going to put in for a CC permit soon anyhow, but it's easier to get away with a small knife in one's pocket than a pistol, especially since, in a dry irony of sorts, nearly every business and public place in the state has "WE BAN GUNS ON THESE PREMISES" plastered on the door.

I hate those signs. People apparently think that criminals are gonna see that sign and say, "Oh, no. We better not try to rob that place because we can't take our illegally obtained guns in there to do it.

No, a criminal looking for a target is gonna say, "F** YEAH! Unarmed victims! We can take whatever the hell we want!"

I carry a ka-bar in plain sight when im out killin'.

The only people with knives are paranoids and sadists.

You need to ask yourself which one you are.

Kershaw_Knife.jpg

fastest non-auto knife on the market

When going out I just wear my leather belt and also have a mouthguard in my pocket (gives me confidence).

When working as a bouncer I do wear a knife and some gloves with silica-sand/quartz-sand (not sure how you Americans call it) for safety purposes only.

In general I don't like weapons. Weapons suck. Real men use their hands (and legs, knees, elbows, head respecitvely).

I always carry my knife but it's not for protection, more about utility. Growing up, my father always told me that you're unprepared/irresponsible if you don't have your knife on you.

I've been carrying a knife on me since boy scouts. Boy scout motto: "be prepared"

The last few years I've been carrying crkt folders. I love the assisted opening folders.

Careful where you carry a pocketknife though. Its illegal in some jurisdictions believe it or not.

I carry a folding knife. It has a 5.2" blade. I literally carry it every day. It's not even a bother. Here's a link. 10100 Details | Benchmade check it out, it's a kickass knife.

I also carry a smith .40 cal (loaded with JHPs), and, depending on where I'm going, an asp. I always have an asp in my car.

I actually carry a blade that size as more of a deterrent than anything, especially if I don't have my asp. If I have my asp on me, its definitely my first choice if its a non lethal situation (jumped by a few attackers) If it was lot of people, I'd open fire. You're legally justified in that situation. Call me hard headed, but I'm not taking an ass kicking to give some pricks my shit. I also carry to defend my girl, and any innocent people in danger that I would happen to cross paths with. I'd step into the middle of an altercation to protect someone I knew was innocent.

Yes, Deterrent. If it was two guys on me, I'd pull it out... if it didn't deter them, I wouldn't have a problem trying to hit some non vital areas. Just inflict pain and hopefully get away. I don't get joy out of causing others pain, but I'm not going to lay down either. If it was a situation requiring lethal force I wouldn't even mess with my knife, my pistol would be out.

Fortunately I've never had to use any of it. I've never even been in a serious fight. I don't go around looking for trouble and do my best to avoid it.

If you don't wanna carry, that's your right. You can go on all you want about how its not necessary. But, I'd be willing to bet when the shit goes down, you'll want a trained, law abiding citizen around who just happens to be packing more than his fists.

I carry a folding knife. It has a 5.2" blade. I literally carry it every day. It's not even a bother. Here's a link. 10100 Details | Benchmade check it out, it's a kickass knife.

I also carry a smith .40 cal (loaded with JHPs), and, depending on where I'm going, an asp. I always have an asp in my car.

I actually carry a blade that size as more of a deterrent than anything, especially if I don't have my asp. If I have my asp on me, its definitely my first choice if its a non lethal situation (jumped by a few attackers) If it was lot of people, I'd open fire. You're legally justified in that situation. Call me hard headed, but I'm not taking an ass kicking to give some pricks my shit. I also carry to defend my girl, and any innocent people in danger that I would happen to cross paths with. I'd step into the middle of an altercation to protect someone I knew was innocent.

Yes, Deterrent. If it was two guys on me, I'd pull it out... if it didn't deter them, I wouldn't have a problem trying to hit some non vital areas. Just inflict pain and hopefully get away. I don't get joy out of causing others pain, but I'm not going to lay down either. If it was a situation requiring lethal force I wouldn't even mess with my knife, my pistol would be out.

Fortunately I've never had to use any of it. I've never even been in a serious fight. I don't go around looking for trouble and do my best to avoid it.

If you don't wanna carry, that's your right. You can go on all you want about how its not necessary. But, I'd be willing to bet when the shit goes down, you'll want a trained, law abiding citizen around who just happens to be packing more than his fists.

very funny.

You say you dont want to get your ass kicked yet you've never been in a serious fight.

I used to think like you, but 1 day i woke and and thought, woud i rather take a beating or go to prison for unlawfully stabbing someone. Black eyes and broken jaws can heal over time my friend, but spending months/years in courts/prisons, well thats just not for me

very funny.

You say you dont want to get your ass kicked yet you've never been in a serious fight.

I used to think like you, but 1 day i woke and and thought, woud i rather take a beating or go to prison for unlawfully stabbing someone. Black eyes and broken jaws can heal over time my friend, but spending months/years in courts/prisons, well thats just not for me

haha, they put you in jail for defending yourself now? what law says its illegal to protect ones self?

If I have 3 guys that wanna start some shit with me, I have no idea what their intentions are. It is legal to use deadly force in that situation. I'm not taking any chances. If you want to put your life in the hands of three thugs, have at it champ.

haha, they put you in jail for defending yourself now? what law says its illegal to protect ones self?

If I have 3 guys that wanna start some shit with me, I have no idea what their intentions are. It is legal to use deadly force in that situation. I'm not taking any chances. If you want to put your life in the hands of three thugs, have at it champ.

This is'nt a Steven Seagal movie, in most places you cant carry a Knife for the use of Self Defense. If you use it you will be asked why you had it in the first place, if you dont have a valid reason e.g. hunting,fishing,carpentry then you are going to jail.

That said, i live in a quiet and relatively safe place so i dont have a huge need for it.

If i lived in the US, in a place where it was legal to conceal carry, then i might avail of it.

but where i live there is no defense for using a knife in any situation, even if someone is shooting at you with a gun you couldnt use it. Why? Because you have no excuse to ever be carrying it in the first place.

Back