Who even cares about women's MMA at this point?

Do you care about WMMA?

• Total voters
Added a poll.

For years I pretty much was only interested in Ronda, but enough other legit female martial artists are finally starting to come out of the woodwork on the big stage.

I would answer yes at this point, there are like 4 or 5 WMMA fighters that I make sure to check out their matches.

If you only have 4 or 5 then why would you vote yes?

Real MMA fans care about WMMA.
Like really, quit with the misogynistic bullshit. It makes you look weak and insecure.

This is a load of bullshit.
Women and boxing mma will always look extremely awkward
That's like an nba fan saying youre not a true bball fan if you don't love nba but any sports fan. Nba, boxing know this.diffrrence of quality and watch ability but mma fans not so much

meh.I think it's cute we let them have a go in between fights.

If you only have 4 or 5 then why would you vote yes?

Because that's all it takes for me to technically have to say in honesty that yes, I care about WMMA.

If I never saw Honda, Joanna, or Rose's destruction of Paige for example, I would be missing out as a martial arts fan. If I didn't see Shevchenko make herself a name last night, I wouldn't have enjoyed my night as much.

Amanda Nunes shut me up the other week too, when I thought that fight was barely going to be worth watching.

Gotta give it up to these broads, some of them are really starting to bring it. Credit where credit is due.

Last few Invicta shows have been really good. So was JJ-Claudia. And Calderwood's last fight with the kicks to the tits.

Weird timing, the main event was the best fight on the card. Those girls know how to defend, when to throw and what to throw. It's rare to have 2 fighters in the cage who know how to do those things. Usually one is good at defense or both are good at offense.
Holly got countered by the same punch like 50 times last night. It was quite remarkable how a "world class striker" couldn't pick up on that.

i love watching the evolution of a sport

last night we had two legit strikers who knew how the throw punches and kicks

i was entertained

Holly got countered by the same punch like 50 times last night. It was quite remarkable how a "world class striker" couldn't pick up on that.

tbf, boxers get countered typically by the same punch over and over. Shevchenko fought out of range, and Holm really doesn't like pressing forward. She's not good at it. She throws a lot, but pursuing is not her strong suit.

On the opposite side, Shevchenko is a counter puncher, and whenever Holm came in on a line, Shevchenko would do counter puncher things. I guess the biggest drawback to that theory is that Shevchenko is also a world class striker. Holm is never the person who is going to blow someone out in a squash match, and after the Rousey fight, she ensured nobody was ever going to come after her recklessly again. Holm is a great striker, but her style has its flaws.

tbf, boxers get countered typically by the same punch over and over. Shevchenko fought out of range, and Holm really doesn't like pressing forward. She's not good at it. She throws a lot, but pursuing is not her strong suit.

On the opposite side, Shevchenko is a counter puncher, and whenever Holm came in on a line, Shevchenko would do counter puncher things. I guess the biggest drawback to that theory is that Shevchenko is also a world class striker. Holm is never the person who is going to blow someone out in a squash match, and after the Rousey fight, she ensured nobody was ever going to come after her recklessly again. Holm is a great striker, but her style has its flaws.
I thought Valentina looked good but Holly looked awful. The way she grunts every time like she's throwing a haymaker only to throw a weak ass oblique kick that misses the mark by a mile is hilarious. She looked like Rin Nakai at certain points of that fight.

haha are these threads a reaction to Ghostbusters?

empiregbcover.jpg

Shevchenko looked great last night. Her diversity and quality striking and ring control was superior to most mma fighters we normally see. Wmma is growing and so will the number of talented fighters competing. This will make it more watchable with time.

no, he brought her because she sells and makes a lot of money

there is a market for female mma, nobody is doing them a special favor, they're there because they produce $ and they are paid accordingly

you people are just like dumb feminists who say the female fighters should make as much as the men... they want them to be way overpaid and u want them to be removed when they earned their place
No I just don't want to be forced to watch it. Why can't there just be a WUFC and they have seperate all female fighter cards. I have no problem with women being allowed to fight I just don't feel like watching. I don't watch the WNBA or women's softball or lingerie football league, yet that is acceptable, but if you don't want to watch WMMA you are sexist, or scared of strong women, or a male schovinist.

For people who say they don't care about it, how many times have you rewatched Ronda getting KTFO by Holly? I'm guessing quite a lot. Guess what, even if you only enjoy watching it because of your dislike for Ronda or WMMA in general, that's still caring about, as well as enjoying WMMA.

No WBW title fight has ever gone the distance. It's been fun for someone like me who likes WMMA but doesn't have a favorite WBW in the title mix. Just gonna keep watching them finish each other until new blood of girls hungry for that Ronda Rousey money start hitting the scene.

All this stuff about Holly being unbeatable after koing Rousey
That's how it is when anyone wins the belt, people begin to ask "who could beat them?" and always the answer is maybe one person. No one was saying anyone could beat Luke. No one thought RDA was about to get taken out so easy. It has nothing to do with it been women, fans just have a hard time seeing the champs losing, especially when they spectacularly finish the former champ

Because that's all it takes for me to technically have to say in honesty that yes, I care about WMMA.

If I never saw Honda, Joanna, or Rose's destruction of Paige for example, I would be missing out as a martial arts fan. If I didn't see Shevchenko make herself a name last night, I wouldn't have enjoyed my night as much.

Amanda Nunes shut me up the other week too, when I thought that fight was barely going to be worth watching.

Gotta give it up to these broads, some of them are really starting to bring it. Credit where credit is due.

I pretty much agree with you on this.I agree with you on the amount women I like to watch too. Valentina I liked last night. And I was the same way on Nunes
I guess my problem is that I have to watch all of these other girls fightt and the best woman Cyborg can't get a quality fight or even a girl to step up for a Catcgweight fights and wmma fans support it.
The women around that weight are actually fooling the general public like they're the best fighter in the world while ignoring the girl who's been on top for like a decade. It's truly weird how the ufc can pull this off.

It boils down if I could live without it or not . I could live without it.
They should hype up invicta and have that as the women's league and all would be good. Then have the big fights on ufc stage.
I've been watching since I was in elementary school and boxing before that and
Even the brightest boxing stars 10 -20 years ago promoters don't put that on many cards if at all in those times. I can only think of Martin,ali,rijker and Wolfe and that girl in playboy iand then girls L Ike foreman and Frazier's.daughtrr as a gimmick that was short lived on TV. Those are the only girls I remember being on TV in almost 3 decades of watching

And as for the sport evolving it will be minimal like boxing and there will only be a handful of women who are truly great at what they do and are so far ahead of the rest.
I give ufc/zuffa credit for promoting wmma and apparently the fans love it.

I would have bet my life that wmma wouldnt have reached half of the heights it has reached. It's fucking amazing what the ufc did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardscarf
Back