Who has life insurance?

My coverage includes dental and vision.
I am not working so I have to pick up all the expenses of health insurance. Even the plans available to me in NY with the higher deductibles only pick up 50% or 80% of the cost concerning surgeries and hospital stays. I want 100% coverage for those events.
I am well aware of how HSA's work and what monies can be removed and for what.
screw york has some bad plans, wow. no cap, no deal, I mean what's the point if you gotta pick up 7-8K first, that pays for most stuff as it is, insurance that covers after the fact should cost close to zero because it's providing close to zero.........

well.......... that is a screwy plan...... that is also expensive.....
Price wise it's fair for Northern California and the coverage it provides, although all plans whether it's a HDHP or not will depend on what's available through your employer and ones situation. When I worked for various contracting companies their plans were horrible and expensive. Luckily I was under my wife's plan when she was with the state. State employee medical is very good. On the other hand if I ever work at Kaiser their healthcare is pretty much free or near free. For us what we do now makes the most sense, although I recommend everyone explore HDHP options first and learn about the merits of an HSA. Wish I did when I was in my 20s.

I have life insurance cause I have kids and a mortgage. If you don't have dependants, what risk are you covering??

I also have income protection insurance as my ability to earn income is my biggest asset.

I have TPD Total and Permanent Disability insurance, to cover me if I get fucked up but don't die. I don't have as much of this as income protection would help cover my living costs.

I also have an Insurance Bond, but that's really just an investment structure.

Last edited:
All Australians have to through our superannuation. Americans really do have such a poor standard of living

Not all.

It was added to most policies but you can opt out, which can be a good idea if you don't have anyone depending on you. Of course, no one size fits all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jahmaltheknight
Back