Who hits harder Fury or Ngannou?

The four ounce gloves makes almost no difference, the extra glove weight is padding around the fingers etc to protect the hands, not to make the boxing punches softer. The main punching difference between MMA gloves and boxing gloves is that the MMA gloves are too small to be used in blocking the way boxing gloves are. The actual concussive impact is about the same. Ngannou would hit as hard in boxing as he does in MMA, though I suspect he'd connect far less frequently.

People think gloves were introduced into boxing to protect the person being punched, but that's simply not the case. They were introduced into boxing (and I suspect MMA) because too many fighters were breaking their hands against skulls when it was bare knuckle, and the promoters got tired of their big names being unable to fight.
of course it makes a huge difference lol. the smaller the gloves the smaller the area of impact, the easier it gets to turn the head and cause a concussion. did you ever put on a pair of mma gloves? they are as hard as a fucking steelhammer. boxing gloves on the other hand are soft with loads of padding. more power per surface area, less padding to absorb some of the power.

is this a serious post? i can't tell.....

3 of those "kos" would have been kos in boxing, the rest is a knockdown followed by ground and pound. you can add stipe to that list, which makes it 4. thats it.

3 of those "kos" would have been kos in boxing, the rest is a knockdown followed by ground and pound. you can add stipe to that list, which makes it 4. thats it.

So he’s only knocked dead 4 guys the first time he touched them in 13 ufc fights…..a few of them could have gotten up in a 10 count…..

Lol….

I still can’t tell if serious…..

of course it makes a huge difference lol. the smaller the gloves the smaller the area of impact, the easier it gets to turn the head and cause a concussion. did you ever put on a pair of mma gloves? they are as hard as a fucking steelhammer. boxing gloves on the other hand are soft with loads of padding. more power per surface area, less padding to absorb some of the power.

Actually I've worn both. Have you ever worn 8oz or 10 oz competition boxing gloves rather than 16 oz sparring gloves. Not only are they considerably lighter, the padding is much stiffer. And much of the weight of padding is spread out over areas not involved in the impact (ie over the thumb and fingers) -- the thickness and stiffness over the knuckles is the same as MMA gloves.

which MMA technique would Ngannou employ to kill wilder?
Double leg and he elbows his face 2 feets below the canvas. It's a 30s fight.
Or he decides to be playful and see how many leg kicks he needs to make him quit. I think 6 or 7.

Or he decides to be playful and see how many leg kicks he needs to make him quit. I think 6 or 7.
I dunno. It’s very unlikely to ever happen, but I’m not so confidant that Ngannou really has a diverse enough mma skill set to be anything other than shamed by a high level heavyweight boxer on the feet.

If I had to choose which one to be punched by, I’d rather take a single shot from Fury. So I’d venture to say Big Frank hits harder, though Fury would toy with him in a boxing match. Has Fury ever hit a punch machine?

It's a 30 second fight although someone who was a much better grappler than him took 3 minutes to submit a CTE induced injury riddled James Toney who looked like he hadn't trained a day for the fight.

Never seen Francis' double leg...apparently you have though.

I mean for what it's worth FN definitely kills either in MMA... just not in 30s unless it's a KO.

The double leg is definitely a quick win.

Leg kicks though aren't nearly as easy to use effectively against boxers as people seem to think -- when kickboxing started in America in the 70's they had to introduce a rule requiring at least three kicks per round because boxers would just ignore leg kicks (even a few months training seemed to be enough for boxers to negate most of them) and simply box. It takes a lot of training to become good at them, and Ngannou hasn't shown that skill level with them. If Ngannou sat back and threw leg kicks at Wilder he could likely be caught by Wilder (who would spend a couple of months learning how to check or avoid them -- defense takes far less skill than offense wrt leg kicks). If Ngannou went for a double he'd almost certainly take Wilder down, as a couple of months isn't enough to learn how to sprawl effectively.

Actually we're arguing that the important number is who can deliver the most damage on target in a match rather than who can hit a non-defending stationary target harder.

In terms of actual power transmitted to a punch my bet would be on an Olympic level shotputter, just based on sports science (its the most powerful non-mechanical motion that's been measured in sports). Of course they're all freaky strong 300+ pounds (ie they don't need to worry about stamina at all so can work on pure power) and jump into it, so they'd never land the punch in the ring or cage and would gas out in far less than a minute if they fought, but if its just about power delivered against a non-defending stationary target I'd happily bet they beat Fury, Ngannou, Wilder and anyone else and probably by a considerable margin. For that matter, I suspect someone like Brian Shaw beats actual fighters too.

The important number for a fighter is how hard they can land on target in a fight.

This all day long. It’s largely why boxers hit harder - it isn’t just about pure biomechanics - timing of a shot, distance etc are all massive factors.

The double leg is definitely a quick win.

Leg kicks though aren't nearly as easy to use effectively against boxers as people seem to think -- when kickboxing started in America in the 70's they had to introduce a rule requiring at least three kicks per round because boxers would just ignore leg kicks (even a few months training seemed to be enough for boxers to negate most of them) and simply box. It takes a lot of training to become good at them, and Ngannou hasn't shown that skill level with them. If Ngannou sat back and threw leg kicks at Wilder he could likely be caught by Wilder (who would spend a couple of months learning how to check or avoid them -- defense takes far less skill than offense wrt leg kicks). If Ngannou went for a double he'd almost certainly take Wilder down, as a couple of months isn't enough to learn how to sprawl effectively.
It's very hard to check leg kicks in a boxing stance, and it's very hard to box with a stance that allows to check.
I think Wilder's style would be particularly affected by that.

Lol sure it would. One takedown on fury and he's finished. Stop acting like fury is some amazing mixed martial artist. Akin to me saying ngannou KOs Fury in boxing.

Blaydes would molest Fury and it would look like Couture vs Toney
Yeah, because Ngannou is legendary with his .2% takedowns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back