Who remembers Weidman doing victory laps around the octagon after Anderson broke his leg?

Fedor Emelianenko

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He was sprinting around the ring like Usain Bolt.

ClearcutImpracticalClingfish-size_restricted.gif

<BC1>

Last edited:
This was definitely not one of those "heat of the moment" instances. A normal person would react to Anderson falling with confusion as Chris hadn't landed a strike to cause him to fall down. Weidman realized the fight was over and celebrated the injury like he was Mark Coleman winning the grand prix. Scummy af. Don't wish that kind of injury on anyone but there are definitely a huge list of fighters I would feel worse for.

Yeah, I thought I remembered him doing something like that. It sort of changed how I saw him.

Anderson is my boy ....but I don’t judge people on heat of the moment reactions ....once he calmed down he was classy

It's understandable that he did a lap in that moment. Everybody shit on him after beating Silva the first time, and said he couldn't do it again. It was most likely just a natural reaction of relief. He stopped celebrating when he realized Silva was seriously injured. It definitely wasn't cool, but I think people blow it out of proportion a bit.

Fuckin crazy that this happened to him though. Karma? Maybe. Madness for sure.

how dare he celebrate a succesful title defense. brb burning all my weidman signed posters and memorabilia

He was sprinting around the ring like Usain Bolt.

ClearcutImpracticalClingfish-size_restricted.gif

<BC1>
I'm a silva fan boi and the chris celebration probably had more to do with sealing the deal on beating the goat And shutting up the people saying the ko was a fluke than it did with the finish itself. Still for sure scummy behavior though, that's wrestling mentality, whatever it takes to win and take every win you can get however you get it, dirty or not.

It's understandable that he did a lap in that moment. Everybody shit on him after beating Silva the first time, and said he couldn't do it again. It was most likely just a natural reaction of relief. He stopped celebrating when he realized Silva was seriously injured. It definitely wasn't cool, but I think people blow it out of proportion a bit.

Fuckin crazy that this happened to him though. Karma? Maybe. Madness for sure.
There is no way he didnt know what happened before his little victory lap. When Silva goes down he approaches him and clearly sees the leg flopping.

There is no way he didnt know what happened before his little victory lap. When Silva goes down he approaches him and clearly sees the leg flopping.

Probably, but you still have to try to understand the pressure he was under. He was definitely relieved and excited. He didn't even do a full lap and lowered his arms when he saw Silva again. At the time, Silva was far and away the best fighter in the world, and nobody gave The Chris any credit for winning the first fight. He knew Silva contributed to that victory just as much as he did, and he still had a lot to prove. He was relieved the fight was over. Just a reaction that lasted a few seconds.

His injury is even worse than Silva's because he put his full weight on it like he didn't even notice it broke at first

Back