Who should Justin Gaethje fight?

Who should Justin Gaethje Fight?

• Total voters

Kyler Ruxin

Immunized
@Silver
Reaction score
Who do you want to see him fight for his first UFC fight?

Tony needs a fight and Gaethje would be badass.

A lot of good options. I would've picked Barboza, but he's injured. MJ, Dariush and winner of Dustin/Alvarez are all solid match-ups.

Don't care, just wanna see him fight in UFC

I like that Poirier vs Eddie winner fight. Barboza vs Gaethje would be nice but the step up for Justin is too steep IMO. But I could live with Edson vs Justin headlining a free card.

Dariush would be a good fight too but he is coming off a loss. I dig the fight itself though, I have nothing against it happening. Ferg and Khabib must either fight each others or at least one fights for the title against Canrous next. MJ...I dont remember, what is he up to? Was his last fight that mauling vs Khabib?

Last edited:
Isn't Gaethje scheduled to fight Michael Johnson? Or is it just heavily rumored at this point?

I want to see gaethje fuck khabib up

The correct answer, and there is a correct answer,
is Barboza.

I like that Poirier vs Eddie winner fight. Barboza vs Gaethje would be nice but the step up for Justin is too steep IMO. But I could live with Edson vs Justin headlining a free card.

Dariush would be a good fight too but he is coming off a loss. I dig the fight itself though, I have nothing against it happening. Ferg and Khabib must either fight each others or at least one fight for the title against Canrous next. MJ...I dont remember, what is he up to? Was his last fight that mauling vs Khabib?
Yea MJ getting mauled by Khabib was his last fight, but that only knocks him out of title contention for now, doesn't really hurt his stock at LW too much.

Rumored, but nothing is official for him so far.

I believe the rumor has been checked from several credible sources if I remember correctly, so it's looking likely. Seems like the perfect fight, if Gaethje performs well he's only 1 or 2 wins max from a title shot. Johnson has the skills to let us know exactly how good Gaethje is, without it being too much too soon for Gaethje. The fight makes sense for both Gaethje and Johnson's careers while it really doesn't for Barboza, Ferguson or Khabib.

Just my 2cents. Listened to Gaethje on the MMA hour, he's extremely honest and genuine....You don't get that very often in the sports world, especially not combat sports.

Last edited:
Yea MJ getting mauled by Khabib was his last fight, but that only knocks him out of title contention for now, doesn't really hurt his stock at LW too much.

Then MJ vs Gaethje is also a fight that would be good and kind of makes sense rankingwise. There are actually plenty of viable options for Justin's UFC debut, and, since we are in the WME IMG era of matchmaking, we can totally expect a total....fuck up from them, and a mind boggling matchup.

Then MJ vs Gaethje is also a fight that would be good and kind of makes sense rankingwise. There are actually plenty of viable options for Justin's UFC debut, and, since we are in the WME IMG era of matchmaking, we can totally expect a total....fuck up from them, and a mind boggling matchup.
Luckily the LW division is so deep that almost any matchup will be a good one. I agree with your matchmaking assessment of WME, but they'd have to put him against a nobody to fuck this one up.

I would like him to get an acclimation fight of someone outside top ten, like dunham

I believe the rumor has been checked from several credible sources if I remember correctly, so it's looking likely. Seems like the perfect fight, if Gaethje performs well he's only 1 or 2 wins max from a title shot. Johnson has the skills to let us know exactly how good Gaethje is, without it being too much too soon for Gaethje. The fight makes sense for both Gaethje and Johnson's careers while it really doesn't for Barboza, Ferguson or Khabib.

Just my 2cents. Listened to Gaethje on the MMA your, he's extremely honest and genuine....You don't get that very often in the sports world, especially not combat sports.
The guy is ready to fight killers, and doesn't seem to give a fuck about his ranking/money/title shot opportunity. I respect the hell out of that. I'll be rooting for him. Tough to tell how good he will be, his WSOF opponents weren't exactly comparable to the UFC LW division, but he's tough as nails and has some skills, so he should be fun to watch going forward.

Back