Who Will be the First African...

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
To lose their belt. Personally I'm guessing Israel. I think Rob has a chance against Israel. Not sure who will do it but I feel Israel is the most vulnerable of Ngannou and Kamarudeen "Marty" Usman.

I think Izzy and Francis would lose before Marty....Izzy could lose to Bobby or any decent wrestler any given day. Francis could lose to Derrick or Cyril or Jones...Marty, stylistically, Wonderboy is the only threat and he won't be fighting him at the moment...

If Francis fights Black Beast next, I could easily see him getting laid out cold, would not be surprised at all. I think its a good style matchup for Black Beast

I don't see anyone at WW beating Usman for the time being, I think he will be champ for many more years

Why do people talk as if Africa is one country? Do you hear North or South Americans talk like that? Like do you hear Canadians or Mexicans repping North America? How about Brazilians or people from Argentina. Do they identify as South Americans. Germans, Brits, and Italians. Do they call themselves Europeans or do they say, I’m German, British, or Italian?

This is really fucking weird if you ask me. These 3 champions are all from different countries. And I bet if you ask them, not one will answer with. I’m African.

Gotta be N'gannou or Israel IMO. HW is volatile, lot of guys can just spark him if they connect. And his first opponent is one of the best guys we've ever seen at "Just clipping" guys and putting them out when you least expect it. And Israel still clearly isn't super refined in gauging takedowns, or fighting from the bottom. Now yes Jan is bigger. But it was how easily he level changed Israel that was the eye opener. It's like Israel had 0 anticipation it was coming and just fell backwards into it. Not that he isn't working on it, and could tighten that weakness up. And much like N'gannou's next opponent being well suited style wise to upset him, Israel's next opponent also has been leaning on a style that aims at Israel's weak points. But it's a more obvious weakness than anything Usman has showed lately. Usman is just a level above both of them when it comes to championship legitimacy at the moment. Colby is really the only one I give much of a chanse too at WW to currently unseat Usman. And even with him I don't favor him in the rematch just due to the power difference between their strikes. Just this guys opinion on it though, and what the fuck do I know

Why do people talk as if Africa is one country? Do you hear North or South Americans talk like that? Like do you hear Canadians or Mexicans repping North America? How about Brazilians or people from Argentina. Do they identify as South Americans. Germans, Brits, and Italians. Do they call themselves Europeans or do they say, I’m German, British, or Italian?

This is really fucking weird if you ask me. These 3 champions are all from different countries. And I bet if you ask them, not one will answer with. I’m African.
How is dividing a group of people by country or continent any different really? Its just grouping people by geographical land mass.

Not sure why this bothers you? Did no one teach you that continents are a thing.

Its no more arbitrary than grouping people by country.

Ngannou has a very tough division ahead of him, very tough road.

Usman has a couple of good challenges but he's solid to keep that belt for a while.

Adesanya has already cleared out a division of strikers and is gonna rematch those strikers as a superior striker.

Ngannou will lose the belt first especially since he's @ HW.

How is dividing a group of people by country or continent any different really? Its just grouping people by geographical land mass.

Not sure why this bothers you? Did no one teach you that continents are a thing.

Its no more arbitrary than grouping people by country.
Well literally nobody else does it. So that might have something to do with it. For people with a history of killing eachother it seems pretty strange to pretend they are one people. Maybe go learn some history. Then try to give me a geography lesson.

Well literally nobody else does it. So that might have something to do with it. For people with a history of killing eachother it seems pretty strange to pretend they are one people. Maybe go learn some history. Then try to give me a geography lesson.
I must have imagined all these competitions people have called European Champions, Asian Games, Pan-Ams etc. UFC regularly promote these guys as being from Africa to grow the brand globally

You are actually getting upset over nothing

This is true. Izzy and Marty started with the Nigerian pride and made the natural connection. The UFC and the stupid American media expanded it to Africa, and Izzy and Marty were happy to obliged and include Francis the Dominant Cameroonian.

Ya know I said the same thing the night ngannou became champ.

Whichever one Khamzat reaches first, but heavyweight is a hard title to keep for a long time so probably Ngannou statistically speaking.

To lose their belt. Personally I'm guessing Israel. I think Rob has a chance against Israel. Not sure who will do it but I feel Israel is the most vulnerable of Ngannou and Kamarudeen "Marty" Usman.
The striker, Izzy. Ngannou is not a wrestler but he knows decent mechanics and has a massive weight advantage over most heavyweights so he can get away with it.

Izzy can only stand.

But ngannou is fighting Lewis next and Lewis could win

Gotta be N'gannou or Israel IMO. HW is volatile, lot of guys can just spark him if they connect. And his first opponent is one of the best guys we've ever seen at "Just clipping" guys and putting them out when you least expect it. And Israel still clearly isn't super refined in gauging takedowns, or fighting from the bottom. Now yes Jan is bigger. But it was how easily he level changed Israel that was the eye opener. It's like Israel had 0 anticipation it was coming and just fell backwards into it. Not that he isn't working on it, and could tighten that weakness up. And much like N'gannou's next opponent being well suited style wise to upset him, Israel's next opponent also has been leaning on a style that aims at Israel's weak points. But it's a more obvious weakness than anything Usman has showed lately. Usman is just a level above both of them when it comes to championship legitimacy at the moment. Colby is really the only one I give much of a chanse too at WW to currently unseat Usman. And even with him I don't favor him in the rematch just due to the power difference between their strikes. Just this guys opinion on it though, and what the fuck do I know
Yeah the think is Ngannou has starched most of the top HWs. We got Lewis, Vokov and Gane left or at least in the near future. Lewis has a decent shot then Volkov and Gane are fighting so the winner will knock the other off for a big. Volkov gets KO'd IMO. Gane is interesting but idk if he had the power to hang with Ngannou. Possibly could win a decision but one shot and he's done.

Everyone knows africa means sub saharan Africa

Back