Who will win this current UFC+Bellator WW tournament?

Gregoire1

дезоксерибонулеиновая кислота
@purple
Reaction score
WW division seems really STACKED now in UFC and Bellator too have some good fighters!
I want to propose WW tournament (UFC+ Bellator) idea just who will win, explain - if you wish:
(give, please, winner in all pairs and overall winner maybe with some short commentary):

Bracket:
1. Usman
16. Tsarukyan

2. Colby
15. M.Perreira

3. Khabib (i know, different division, but still)
14. Storley

4. D. Lima
13. Koreshkov

5. Edwards
12. S. Brady

6. Burns
11. Luque

7. Amosov
10. Masvidal

8. Wonderboy
9. Chimaev

winner 1 vs winner 8 - A
winner 2 vs winner 7 - B
winner 3 vs winner 6 - C
winner 4 vs winner 5 - D

A vs D
B vs C

Final!!

Why you putting Koreshkov vs Lima? Also no Rory?
I pick Lima

WW division seems really STACKED now in UFC and Bellator too have some good fighters!
I want to propose WW tournament (UFC+ Bellator) idea just who will win, explain - if you wish:
(give, please, winner in all pairs and overall winner maybe with some short commentary):

Bracket:
1. Usman
16. Tsarukyan

2. Colby
15. M.Perreira

3. Khabib (i know, different division, but still)
14. Storley

4. D. Lima
13. Koreshkov

5. Edwards
12. S. Brady

6. Burns
11. Luque

7. Amosov
10. Masvidal

8. Wonderboy
9. Chimaev

winner 1 vs winner 8 - A
winner 2 vs winner 7 - B
winner 3 vs winner 6 - C
winner 4 vs winner 5 - D

A vs D
B vs C

Final!!

Usman
Colby
Khabib
Lima (ashame you pit Lima vs Koreshkov since theyve fought before and Id favor Koreshkov vs a lot of UFC guys like Burns or Masvidal)
Edwards
Burns
Amasov
Chimaev

Then its if Im doing it right
Usman vs Chimaev
Amasov vs Colby
Khabib vs Burns
Lima vs Edwards

Usman
Colby (but an interesting one, What Amasov showed vs Storley wasnt enough but he comes back might be)
Khabib
Lima

Usman vs Lima
Khabib vs Colby

Usman (Lima backs up against the fence naturally, where Usman thrives, struggles with wrestlers and tends to gas. Sure if Lima rocks Usman like Colby and Burns did hes probably dead but he shouldnt win the fight 4/5)

Khabib (a close decision I think. They both have mediocre striking they make up for with relentless pressure. They both have great cardio but I think Khabib is just more skilled and grits out a 48-47 type performance maybe a 49-46 but competitive mostly throughout. Colby can't threaten Khabib anywhere and Khabib might actually be the bigger man, Colby is on the small side of WWs)

Usman vs Khabib, I think Usman wins just has better cardio which will be huge in this type of matchup. Hes quite bigger and Ill assume physically stronger. Khabib will have to just press forward and flail at him like he did vs Gaethje but Usmans pace will be better over the rounds and his striking a bit crisper and cleaner. I see Usman shutting down basically every takedown attempt and having a higher output standing with better conditioning and striking technique.

Why Brady and Chimaev over Chiesa, Magny, Larkin, Woodley, Martin, Li Jangliang, Salikhov, Gracie and Neal? They're all ranked higher and have much better resumes.

Why Brady and Chimaev over Chiesa, Magny, Larkin, Woodley, Martin, Li Jangliang, Salikhov, Gracie and Neal? They're all ranked higher and have much better resumes.

Because they both are promising and we dont know how good they are. With your fighters its obvious that they dont win this tournament.

Chimaev wins this, along with a simultaneous MW tournament.

Lima

He always wins tournaments

Colby

Usman is better but he injures himself in every fight

OPENING ROUND

1. Usman
16. Tsarukyan

2. Colby
15. M.Pereira

3. Khabib
14. Storley

4. D. Lima
13. Koreshkov

5. Edwards
12. S. Brady

6. Burns
11. Luque

7. Amosov
10. Masvidal

8. Wonderboy
9. Chimaev

QUARTERFINALS

1. Usman
9. Chimaev

4. D. Lima
5. Edwards

3. Khabib
6. Burns

2. Colby
10. Masvidal

SEMIFINALS

1. Usman
4. D. Lima

3. Khabib
2. Colby

FINALS

4. D. Lima
2. Colby

Logan gets out of the first round due to the fact Khabib is fucking retired...jesus j christ

Usman over Luque, in my version though the Storley/Khabib fight was during Ramadan so Khabib didnt show up

Because they both are promising and we dont know how good they are. With your fighters its obvious that they dont win this tournament.
Fair enough for for some of them, but Salikhov is clearly ahead of Brady on the prospect scale, and Neiman Gracie I think personally have more upside than Sean Brady. So I would put them both ahead of him.

I dont even wanna talk about Chimaev. Both his wins on Welterweight has been cut. There is 10 guys just like him, so no he needs a quality win for me before I even entertain him in such a tournament.

OPENING ROUND

1. Usman
16. Tsarukyan

2. Colby
15. M.Pereira

3. Khabib
14. Storley

4. D. Lima
13. Koreshkov

5. Edwards
12. S. Brady

6. Burns