who wins between prime stipe and prime cain

I'd guess Stipe really only has a punchers chance like JDS did

S0J84.gif

Cain struggled and got dropped twice by Kongo and KOd by Cigano.
I think Stipe's superior power, boxing, and very solid TDD would be too much for him.

Solid point. He was perceived as chinny by some. I guess HWs hit hard too though, that's why the title defence record was stuck on 2 for so long

i feel like prime cain was more talented and exciting to witness. but stipe's resume is just better on paper.

Cain wins by absolute demolition. Stipe is and was ALWAYS way overrated.
The opposite is true. Cain is unbelievably overrated. No one is keeping Stipe down, not even DC could do that. Stipe is a much better than Cain, he would KO him in a round

Yeah, much better. I'll go with Cain as he had the cardio/pace of a MW in his prime and blended striking/wrestling exceptionally well. That said, if Stipe could stuff most of Cain's TDs and/or get back to his feet quickly, it's a hard fight to call. Stipe had the power to KO Cain and an almost pure striking match is very different.

You can't base all this on JDS/Stipe #1 because that was almost pure striking and some clinching around the edge of the cage as far as I remember. If we assume Stipe gets taken down and GNP'd repeatedly like JDS did vs. Cain in #2 and #3, then yeah, Cain all day. But Stipe competed briefly in D1 wrestling. No one ever ragdolled him using wrestling...but he never fought anyone like prime Cain.

So like I said, tough call. Wrestling would be the deciding factor IMO.
DC is better than prime Cain and he couldn’t get Stipe to the ground. Stipe would KO Cain easily

Cain was really good, people forget because he had a short prime. Throughout both of their careers, probably Stipe would win more because he was more consistent. But prime Cain destroys him.
Lol. How?

Wrestling and aggression
DC couldn’t outwrestle Stipe, so it’s extremely unlikely Cain would manage to pull that off.

Aggression? Lol. That’s the fast track ticket to shadow realm against Stipe.

Cain is kind of chinny and has horrible striking defence charging in recklessly. Most likely Stipe would KO him in one his first attempts to get to Stipe, as Stipe is excellent at KO’ing opponents even when moving back.

DC couldn’t outwrestle Stipe, so it’s extremely unlikely Cain would manage to pull that off.

Aggression? Lol. That’s the fast track ticket to shadow realm against Stipe.

Cain is kind of chinny and has horrible striking defence charging in recklessly. Most likely Stipe would KO him in one his first attempts to get to Stipe, as Stipe is excellent at KO’ing opponents even when moving back.
I'm not talking about 40 year old Cain, I'm saying prime Cain who outwrestled Lesnar. Cain beat guys like JDS, I don't think Stipe's striking would give him fits. But fair opinion. I could see Stipe standing and cancelling out wrestling with his TDD and having more power. I just think Cain was a smoother boxer.

I'm not talking about 40 year old Cain, I'm saying prime Cain who outwrestled Lesnar. Cain beat guys like JDS, I don't think Stipe's striking would give him fits. But fair opinion. I could see Stipe standing and cancelling out wrestling with his TDD and having more power. I just think Cain was a smoother boxer.
Cain a smoother boxer? Lol, never knew you were also a comedian. The moment Cain decided he can box, JDS slept him in 1 Round. Cain got pieced up by Werdum too and we all saw how Stipe’s boxing is on a totally different level in the very next fight

DC is better than prime Cain and he couldn’t get Stipe to the ground. Stipe would KO Cain easily
No, the DC who fought Stipe was 39 in their first fight (which DC won) and 40 in the second fight. DC was a few years past his prime and absolutely didn't have the work rate or cardio-heavy style of a 30-year old Cain at the time. Simply making a statement that "DC was better than Cain (which is unproven)" is asinine. Both of them destroyed the same Bigfoot who beat Fedor with total ease, but Cain did it twice. That was the only time both were in or close to their primes.

No, the DC who fought Stipe was 39 in their first fight (which DC won) and 40 in the second fight. DC was a few years past his prime and absolutely didn't have the work rate or cardio-heavy style of a 30-year old Cain at the time. Simply making a statement that "DC was better than Cain (which is unproven)" is asinine. Both of them destroyed the same Bigfoot who beat Fedor with total ease, but Cain did it twice. That was the only time both were in or close to their primes.
Lol. DC fought Rumble, Volkan and Lewis around the same time he fought Stipe. He wrestlef*cked all of them. DC didn’t show any signs of slowing down until maybe the 3rd Stipe fight.

DC’s wrestling resume prior to MMA is also much higher than Cain’s, while Cain and Stipe wrestled at a similar level at college.

Also no one has ever dominated Stipe in the wrestling and if even DC couldn’t do it, there is no reason to believe that Cain would’ve.

Back