Who would have won?

ippikiookami

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
So, sitting around with some time on my hands thinking of some great matches that never were and what the outcome would have been. Feel free to add your own. Here are some matches we should have seen, but never did (you can tell from my matchups that I'm an old Pride, early UFC guy):

Anderson Silva vs Shogun Rua -- I think that prime Shogun's aggressiveness would have given him the KO/TKO; later in their careers, Anderson would have KOed Shogun

Wanderlei Silva vs Lyoto Machida -- Machida is really good at catching really aggressive, charging fighters, so I give this one to the Dragon

Wanderlei Silva vs Randy Coutre -- this would have been a great one at 185 or LHW. This is a toss up to me, with maybe a slight edge to Randy -- if he could beat Chuck, I think he could win a decision against Wnderlei

Crocop vs Arvlovski -- back in their primes they were two very explosive fighters that were cleaning out their divisions with wicked wins. I'd say the edge goes to Crocop.

For the OGs:
Igor Vovchancyn vs Wanderlei Silva -- really unfortunate we never got to see this at LHW. I'd say Igor catches Wand with a right and KOs him

Sakuraba vs Matt Hughes (Sak could have made 170; Pride forced him to fight way above his natural weight). I give this to Sak -- Carlos Newton was a slam away from choking Hughes unconscious, and Sak is a lot better on the ground than Newton was

Silva by decision
Machida by KO
Couture by GNP
Cro cop by KO similar to Fedor's
Silva by KO over Vov
Prime Hughes pounds Sak

Silva by decision
Machida by KO
Couture by GNP
Cro cop by KO similar to Fedor's
Silva by KO over Vov
Prime Hughes pounds Sak
agree with most but i think silva would have picked shogun apart with his accuracy back when his opponent's aggression highlighted how good he actually was

I've always wondered whether Cro Cop could have finished Fedor if he had lobster claws for hands.
Just to clarify who has the lobster claws for hands? Fedor or Cro Cop?

Follow up question: Are the lobster claws tied up like lobsters in the tank at the grocery store? Or are they free to pinch sn opponents fingers off?

Just to clarify who has the lobster claws for hands? Fedor or Cro Cop?

Follow up question: Are the lobster claws tied up like lobsters in the tank at the grocery store? Or are they free to pinch sn opponents fingers off?

Damn, you are bringing out some permutations I hadn't given thought to. What if we gave them one lobster claw each and no rubber bands binding them shut. I got Lobster Cro COp in that fight.

Wand x Yvel 2
Kerr x Coleman
Tito x Dana
Goodridge x Hunt (MMA)
Schilt X Sylvia
Kid x Faber
Sergej x Fedor
Bustamante x Saku

Andersons boxing wouldve got him the win. Shogun and him were evenly matched in every other regard, imo. Pride Shogun was more fun to watch though.

Back