Who would you have Jim Miller fight at UFC 300?

I see a lot of people saying Felder which would be a great fight.... Also I think Miller stated that he is not retiring after 300 so stop the retirement talk and start hyping up Miller for UFC 400 instead.

So after listening to Jim's interview last night I got to thinking. Who should Miller fight at UFC 300 should he get through this weekend unscathed? As much as I'm a big fan of Miller, I think we all know his days as a contender are far gone. So I tried to be realistic about who out of the rankings perhaps could we see Jim matched up with. These were the options in my head.

1. Kurt Holobaugh - Both are veterans who are fighting the good fight still against younger prospects. Kurt is coming off a TUF victory to boot. This could be a fun fight between two veteran finishers at 155.

2. Paddy Pimblett - This is quite unlikely but if the UFC wanted to reward Jim with an opponent with a bigger profile. Then I think Paddy could be the opponent who makes sense. I personally wouldn't be opposed to this fight but I think it's unlikely.

3. Tony Ferguson - Personally I think Tony should retire. But he seems adamant about wanting another fight. If the UFC does choose to match him again, rather than feed him to a prospect. I'd much rather see him fight an older statesman like Jim Miller.

4. Matt Brown - This was mentioned previously and while Miller would have to go up in weight for it. I'd personally love to see this fight. It's either gonna be a crazy knockout from brown or a slick submission from Miller.

5. Paul Felder - Lastly bit of a wildcard but Paul Felder mentioned he'd be making a return or wanting one last fight. I think UFC 300 against Jim Miller could be a really cool bout for both men. Again I'd prefer this than seeing Felder fed to a prospect.

So yeah, this is where my head is at on who I'd like to see Miller fight. Perhaps someone else out there has a better suggestion. Curious to see who everyone else suggests.

Good list

Add Lauzon !

I think he said he is "semi-retired" but still in the testing pool

I see a lot of people saying Felder which would be a great fight.... Also I think Miller stated that he is not retiring after 300 so stop the retirement talk and start hyping up Miller for UFC 400 instead.
For some reason this post made me curious to know if he had any other ongoing streaks

108 and 208

128 and 228

I can see him making it all the way to 328 if they keep matching him properly. He still looks pretty good and uninjured.

Does he though?
Nope, he wont quit, the man will most likely go to BKFC after the UFC is done with him, but the record needs another L and he is the only active fighter with a chance at the record.

Back