Who would you pick Tony to beat at this point??

terrible matchup.. with hooker.. both guys are on a must win situation .. Ferguson obviously needs it the most..
That makes it even better, both really want to win, terrible matchup in what sense? both like to stand and bang, both have no quit, both NEED a win.

That makes it even better, both really want to win, terrible matchup in what sense? both like to stand and bang, both have no quit, both NEED a win.
Terrible matchup as in the fighter that loses will possibly be cut from the UFC when both guys deserve a spot but 1 might not be top 15 material any more.

Get him dan Hooker next, neither has quit in them, sounds like a nice 3 round war.

Neither of them deserve their ranking at the moment. I see no point in feeding Hooker an easy path into the top 6. They should both be fighting the guys ranked under them. Feed them both to Islam, Gillespie, Drew Dober, or Diego Ferreira.

I would like to see him vs Hooker

I honestly don’t think he’s gonna win another fight against a top 15 guy. He might have to fight a guy who’s about to retire.

I still have Tony beating Hooker with relative ease. After that it’s not until we get to Leonardo Santos and Alex Hernandez can Ferguson truly be considered favourite.

Dober, Dawson, Tsarkyun, Fiziev all beat Tony at this point.

Tony not only seems washed, but he seems uninterested in winning at this point in his career. TBH I don’t see him beating anyone in the LW Top 15.

I could maybe see him beating Joe Lauzon or Clay Guida, but that’s about it.

What do you think?
Yeah, it would have to be someone around his age. Jim Miller would be a toss-up. Cerrone would probably find a way to get KO'd. He'd beat BJ Penn or Gilbert Melendez if they were still in the UFC. I'd give him an edge over Diego Sanchez in a "who's more mentally stable" contest or MMA fight, too.

I still have Tony beating Hooker with relative ease. After that it’s not until we get to Leonardo Santos and Alex Hernandez can Ferguson truly be considered favourite.

Dober, Dawson, Tsarkyun, Fiziev all beat Tony at this point.
In Tony's prime, sure, but I don't see him outpointing Hooker at this point, and Tony lacks the 1-punch KO power to put him away. Hooker is overrated but his youth advantage would probably carry him FTW.

He can beat anyone that isnt a strong top-control guy or has power that lasts for 5 rounds like Gaethje.

I never thought I would say this and it honestly hurts to even type it out....but I’m not even sure I want to see him fight again. It’s just getting to painful at this point.

Tony is and always will be my favorite fighter of all time ....but the run is over. Tony isn’t the type to take on unranked fighters because I think he still sees himself as a top guy. I don’t see him beating any ranked opponents at this time either. His style of fighting was never going to age well. It allowed him to accomplish some amazing things in the sport but it’s ran it’s course.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back