Who's the biggest popstar ever: Michael Jackson or Taylor Swift?

Who is the biggest pop star?

• Total voters
Michael for sure.

Swift is popular with white girls in the US.

Michael was popular with EVERYBODY world wide.
True. He had huge worldwide appeal. Could go to some no name country and sell out stadiums (same with Metallica and U2, most don't realize how popular all 3 are overseas).

I dont think he couldve possibly been any more famous than he already was, they knew him on literally every single corner of this planet

100% agree. The world was a bigger place back then and he was still known everywhere in it.

Michael was never Times person of the year

MJ was a global phenomenon. Taylor Swift is immensely popular with young white girls in the social media era. There's no comparison. Hell, I couldn't even name you a Swift song or album whereas everyone at least knew Thriller. To this day, Thriller blows everything out of the water by virtually every metric, especially when adjusted for era.

MJ and Elvis stand alone for the biggest solo artists of all time.
I think so too, none of my kids, or adults seem to be really into swift or even mention of her, I recall parents and children alike were into MJ.

I’m going with Tay Tay Swifty.

Michael Jackson tainted his legacy.

here's a video, seemingly at a swift concert asking about how popular swift is compared to jackson

obviously, it's biased, but if you look at the crowd........... it's all teenage girls.

Swift has benefited from the age she lives in with social media and streaming music instead of physically having to buy it, But it is objective as having been around when MJ was at his peak I don't think younger people could even comprehend how big he was! But older people could say the same thing about Elvis

taylor swift in japan (timetagged)

it's crowded, sure

michael j in japan (timetagged)

darn near hazard levels

ok I guess McDonalds makes the best food on the globe as it´s selling more then any 5 star restaurant. Maybe at some point Taylor Swift will have higher number then MJ but it doesn´t matter. Her music is not bad, but it´s totally comercial for young females. MJ made art. Taylor simply has a team working on making hits. MJ wrote his own music. Basically if you are a 16 year old white girl Tylor is your idol. In MJ time there was no internet os he was the star, there were only a couple stars as TV slots were limited. Tody there´s like 1 milion stars gloabaly accross all industries.

taylor swift in japan (timetagged)

it's crowded, sure

michael j in japan (timetagged)

darn near hazard levels

Man, look at all those 16 year old white girl Swifties in that Japanese mall

<Lmaoo> <Lmaoo> <Lmaoo> <Lmaoo>

Michael Jackson is disgusting and should never be mentioned.

I was quite surprised earlier this year when Taylor, Beyonce and Ed Sheeran all had concerts at the huge NFL stadium in Santa Clara and freaking Ed Sheeran outsold them both!
Beyonce did like 50,000, Taylor did around 60,000 and this weird ass ginger broke the all time attendance record with over 80,000
A ginger!! :mad: 🤬

I attended his DC show this year and it was awesome. What was funny is he was the opening act because the original act was injured. He did about 12 songs off an album that was about to be released. He comes back a half hour later and does the two hour headline show.

Did I somehow end up on the TMZ website?

This thread is pathetic even for Mayberry.

You are all an embarrassment to your fathers and grandfathers.

Continue on, ladies.

wait till someone calls you old. Lol Taylor Swift vs MJ. MJ did real music, Taylor does teenage girls pop.
I like some MJ music (not the pedo thing) and I don't know a single Taylor Swift song.

With that said.. swifties or whatever they call Swift fans are way more hardcore than MJ fans. Probably because MJ was more adult oriented and Swift is for teenage girls.

Back