Who's the greatest men's tennis player of all-time?

So who is it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Started off as Fed, Nadal, Djoker in that order and now it’s clear Djoker has overtaken both while Nadal is the clear number 2.

The fact that Djoker is still going, he will probably be up 4-5 GS by the time Nadal is done. I’m a Nadal fan and still think it’s a very close race for 1,because he does own the h2h record in grand slams and it’s close on hard court/grass also,but Nadal is on his way out while Djoker keeps winning, so it’s not really a question unless Djoker retires without winning anymore.

As a fan who followed each their entire career, it will suck when all 3 are gone. The new era will be full of parity since there are zero other all time greats (Alcaraz could be there one day), so I doubt we see a dominant trio playing in their prime together ever again.

Started off as Fed, Nadal, Djoker in that order and now it’s clear Djoker has overtaken both while Nadal is the clear number 2.

The fact that Djoker is still going, he will probably be up 4-5 GS by the time Nadal is done. I’m a Nadal fan and still think it’s a very close race for 1,because he does own the h2h record in grand slams and it’s close on hard court/grass also,but Nadal is on his way out while Djoker keeps winning, so it’s not really a question unless Djoker retires without winning anymore.

As a fan who followed each their entire career, it will suck when all 3 are gone. The new era will be full of parity since there are zero other all time greats (Alcaraz could be there one day), so I doubt we see a dominant trio playing in their prime together ever again.

It's not close.

Novak has more slams, head to head, triple career grand slam, 6 year end championships (Nadal 0), more masters, almost twice as much time at #1.

He has basically everything on Nadal. Nadal hasn't beaten Djokovic off of clay since the 2013 US Open. An entire decade ago. He hasn't won a set against Novak on hard court since then either. 19 straight sets lost. The only reason the head to head isn't worse for Nadal is because they played so disproportionately on clay.

And he has this massive hole in his resume with 0 YECs and only 1 indoor hard court title in his career.

It is debatable between Nadal and Federer. But Novak is obviously #1 at this point.

Nadal was always my favourite but the best is Federer. Amazing athlete and mentally stronger than anybody.

Heart says Roger but there should be no doubt though that Nole is the GOAT now.

PEDal is like a prime Bob arum with how he disproportionally gets to have matches against fed and novax on clay lmao.

602063_601989739829677_354761052_n.jpg

Nole can eat shit, fuck him

Heart says Rafa
Head says: always trust your heart

I remember in middle school(this was 2008 when Nadal was on the cusp of surpassing Federer)one of my teachers was really into tennis knew a lot of people. I was talking about it with him and he said "Nadals great but the way he plays he'll be done in a few years tops". It took 15 years. When you look at players like Coria and Ferrero and how quickly they broke down it's really incredible.

I have Borg and Djokovic above Nadal but he's a tought SOB.

Connors.
Not even close.

Mens tennis is too hard to pick a "GOAT" in. Every era has had major changes in racket technology.

Rod Laver, Jimmy Connors, Bjorn Borg, Pete Sampras, Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, and Novak Djokovic are all in the running in my opinion.

Last edited:
Connors.
Not even close.

Connors definitely has a good case, but it may just be that he didn't have enough competition early in his career. Rod Laver was before his time, and he more than held his own against younger guys like Borg, Becker, Lendl, and McEnroe initially, but all of them finished with the career head-to-head advantage over Connors.

The lack over overlap during their primes is what makes the tennis GOAT conversation so difficult.

Same story applies to Nadal/Federer/Djokovic. Nadal and Federer had the head-to-head over Djokovic early in their careers, but Federer is 5 years older and Nadal plays a very physical style that is rough on the body, so as time went on, Djokovic was able to take the advantage.

There's no comparison anymore.. the stats speak for themselves.

Novak Djokovic is #1 clearly and easily.

Can’t argue Novak’s stats. They’re just insane. I will say that federer was my favourite to watch play, out of the big 3.

I also liked watching Wawrinka and Del Potro play. Would have been nice seeing Stan win at Wimbledon and complete his career slam but c’est la vie.

Amazing stuff. These threads never fail to deliver.

I consider Borg the GOAT or just behind Djokovic. I'm referring to the debate between the big 3 when talking Djokovic/Nadal/Federer. The other thread is more focused on comparing the big 3 so I didn't bring up Borg. But yeah when these other people had Federer as the GOAT in the 2010s I had Borg.

Borgs thing is he didn't play that long but in the time he did play he was the most consistant ever. Made final in over half his slams, only lost 1 GS SF. While Nadal and Djokovic passed him in winning percentage I think Borg is still ahead in Slam WP though this too might have changed.

I consider Borg the GOAT or just behind Djokovic. I'm referring to the debate between the big 3 when talking Djokovic/Nadal/Federer. The other thread is more focused on comparing the big 3 so I didn't bring up Borg. But yeah when these other people had Federer as the GOAT in the 2010s I had Borg.

Borgs thing is he didn't play that long but in the time he did play he was the most consistant ever. Made final in over half his slams, only lost 1 GS SF. While Nadal and Djokovic passed him in winning percentage I think Borg is still ahead in Slam WP though this too might have changed.

So, you're essentially holding the fact that Borg had a relatively short career, against the Big 3? And using his dominance at his peak to extrapolate that if he had a longer he would have the most Slams?

Back