Who's the P4P best boxer as of today?

Who's the P4P best boxer as of today?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
First off I don't think there is a poll on this, so here we go.

Also inspired by this thread.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/p4p-1-is.4300620/

So I'm just going to put the trifecta of boxers who are mainly talked about in this discussion.

This is not my P4P ranking. Just a representative of the 3 boxers I believe are worthy to be in the conversation.

FkB3TmmWYAE40nU.jpg:large

Voted Bud watched Monster fight live as well. Both confusing to me as both made their opponents look like shit but Fulton/Spence both world class opponents still I believe. Spence was surely a higher class opponent than Fulton although I admit I didn't know a lot about him.

Its all subjective, but for me Crawford is the best, he is fast, accurate and very powerful for 147, he obviously hits like a truck because look how many guys he has dropped hard, he finishes everyone with an odd decision thrown in here and there. He seems to have a very good fight IQ as well and he can take it, I've seen him landed flush on and he doesn't even flinch.

Canelo is still right near the top for me because we have to remember everything he has done, he has been amazing. But I'd probably say Crawford impresses me the most, he will be very hard to beat because he is good at everything. I would not be surprised if he retired undefeated, he is getting up there in age now so he may only fight for a few more years

Crawford is superb, but he has one signature win against an underperforming Spence

They’re definitely the top 3. Id just go bud over inoue purely on the fact that WW is the most stacked division either guy has ruled over

I think Inoue is the better fighter of the 3 (if they were all the same size and weight I think he beats them all) but the accomplishment of beating Spence the way Crawford did is more impressive than beating Fulton who in my opinion has already lost to Brandon Figueroa.

As of now I have to put Bud at the top of the list as Spence was certainly a more difficult challenge than Fulton but Inoue can take the top if he keeps going up, the dude may end up with paquiao level numbers when all is said and done.

Usyk, he would have to beat fury and wilder in my opinion, if he were to do that then he could be number 1

Crawford literally developed a brand new jab to beat another top5 P4P opponent. Just because this fight went as it did, we shouldn’t forget how great Spence had been before this. In my humble opinion, I think Crawford is the clear #1. Also, dude has unified 2 weight classes. He just went from great fighter in this era, to an all time great. You witnessed history last night.

I think Inoue is the better fighter of the 3 (if they were all the same size and weight I think he beats them all) but the accomplishment of beating Spence the way Crawford did is more impressive than beating Fulton who in my opinion has already lost to Brandon Figueroa.

As of now I have to put Bud at the top of the list as Spence was certainly a more difficult challenge than Fulton but Inoue can take the top if he keeps going up, the dude may end up with paquiao level numbers when all is said and done.

Usyk, he would have to beat fury and wilder in my opinion, if he were to do that then he could be number 1
If Inoue was bigger and heavier, his speed, stamina and movements would all suffer. There are physical and physiological reasons why a guy like Usyk cannot possibly fight the way Inoue does.

The truth is, nobody knows how Inoue would look if he was Crawford’s size. The only thing we know for sure is that he would look different, very different.

It’s really close between 1 and 2, but I give a slight edge to Crawford after that masterclass.
1. Crawford
2. Inoue
3. Usyk

If Inoue was bigger and heavier, his speed, stamina and movements would all suffer. There are physical and physiological reasons why a guy like Usyk cannot possibly fight the way Inoue does.

The truth is, nobody knows how Inoue would look if he was Crawford’s size. The only thing we know for sure is that he would look different, very different.

that’s obvious but that has always been the metric they use for p4p. The list itself is bullshit so the metric we use is bs as well, in the hypothetical scenario where all fighters fought the same and were equal of similar size, I personally think Inoue would be the best out of the bunch

going by accomplishments, right now it’s bud

that’s obvious but that has always been the metric they use for p4p. The list itself is bullshit so the metric we use is bs as well, in the hypothetical scenario where all fighters fought the same and were equal of similar size, I personally think Inoue would be the best out of the bunch

going by accomplishments, right now it’s bud
I've always understood it as "how dominant a fighter is, regardless of his weight class", not "how dominant he would be if he was from another weight class".

Crawford has the best win now, but he was inactive before that and fighting lesser opponent for a bit before that. I'll put him at 1 for now but if Inoue fights and wins first I'm putting him back on top.

I've always understood it as "how dominant a fighter is, regardless of his weight class", not "how dominant he would be if he was from another weight class".

Everybody has their metrics I guess, most of the time it ends up being a popularity contest.

I’ve always thought it was a bs list

As good as Inoue is and Crawford's destruction of Spence was, Usyk dominated the CWs then moved up to the premier division and made the holder of 3 belts look like an amateur twice.

I haven't seen the Spence fight yet but I e been saying for a while that Crawford is #1 he can do it all inside, outside, great countering etc
Lots of people would say his resume was weak but if you know what you're watching and can see what a fighter can do resume doesn't matter and that's why I said Crawford was and is #1 p4p

Crawford is superb, but he has one signature win against an underperforming Spence

Inoues signature win before Fulton was a 40yo Donaire.

Neither Bud nor Inoue have stellar or deep resumes or anything before their recent win. Usyk had pretty easily the best resume of the 3 prior to Fulton and Spence fights.

i....i am actually gonna say Usyk. He basically destroyed the strongest cruiserweight division we have had in decades, and then beat AJ twice, who despite his flaws is a really good fighter (maybe even great when Usyk beat him the first time especially)

“Underperforming”? Get outta here with this nonsense. Crawford MADE him underperform. Using your logic we can easily write off Inoue’s achievements as well. Fulton Jr went all the way to Japan, he was off, he never acclimated, the fight was at a weird time, etc.

i....i am actually gonna say Usyk. He basically destroyed the strongest cruiserweight division we have had in decades, and then beat AJ twice, who despite his flaws is a really good fighter (maybe even great when Usyk beat him the first time especially)

The CW division Usyk cleaned out and emerged as the best of was the best CW division ever. Its not even debatable. It was far deeper than the late 80s.

Holyfield, Qawi, DeLeon, Ocasio, Cooper, Murphy, Wamba

Usyk, Briedis, Gassiev, Dorticos, Glowacki, Huck, Hunter, Mchunu, Perez

That late 80s era is extremely top heavy. Massive dropoff after the top 3 even DeLeon (and most others) had stoppage losses to some pedestrian fighters. Really after Holyfield and Qawi it was a significant dropoff in talent and ability.

Back