Who's the physically strongest MW in UFC?

anderson silva

he was very deceptively strong

espcecially in the clinch

nah, if romero was smart, he would have just taken him to the ground, "easily", and if romero's cardio was on point, that would have become very interesting. shit, chael sonnen took him down, and landed hundreds of punches on him. imagine if those were strikes from romero? anderson would have been ko'd for sure.

Costa, DDP, and that jacked Brazilian guy who competed in BJJ. I forgot what his name is. He gassed out a lot and is really stiff with his striking

What are you talking about? Okami was a huge MW

I guess you heard it from Joe Rogan or maybe some shertard but a guy who fights at WW almost half of his career, in his 20s, 30s and 40s never missing weight....is not a "huge MW". If he was a huge MW, he would not be able to do so

Okami fought the way bigger Rich Franklin in '07 as a lanky 6'2" who barely cut weight for 185:

full

Thats not a big MW by any means. He is slender but noticeably thin and narrow compared to truly big MWs as Costa or Rockhold, let alone Poatan.

- Okami weighted-in at soft 200lbs with clothes on for a week-notice bout vs OSP at LHW. Thats very light for a MW who isnt even preparing for a fight.

Here in his late 30s vs Dhiego Lima at 170 in UFC

full

A below average sized MW by today standards.
A tiny MW by Poatan's standards.

I guess you heard it from Joe Rogan or maybe some shertard but a guy who fights at WW almost half of his career, in his 20s, 30s and 40s never missing weight....is not a "huge MW". If he was a huge MW, he would not be able to do so

Okami fought the way bigger Rich Franklin in '07 as a lanky 6'2" who barely cut weight for 185:

full

Thats not a big MW by any means. He is slender but noticeably thin and narrow compared to truly big MWs as Costa or Rockhold, let alone Poatan.

- Okami weighted-in at soft 200lbs with clothes on for a week-notice bout vs OSP at LHW. Thats very light for a MW who isnt even preparing for a fight.

Here in his late 30s vs Dhiego Lima at 170 in UFC

full

A below average sized MW by today standards.
A tiny MW by Poatan's standards.
@Serge421 educate yourself and stop parroting sherbro myths

nah, if romero was smart, he would have just taken him to the ground, "easily", and if romero's cardio was on point, that would have become very interesting. shit, chael sonnen took him down, and landed hundreds of punches on him. imagine if those were strikes from romero? anderson would have been ko'd for sure.
I don't remember anyone at middleweight who consistently stopped Chael's takedowns. Also, Romero didn't have the cardio to land hundreds of punches.

Back