Television Who's your top 5 favorite Transformers characters & GI. Joe characters?

49uhb1xq788c1.gif

Storm Shadow
Quick Kick
Snake Eyes
Firefly
Zartan
Baroness
Destro

Based on the Cartoons.

Transformers
Optimus Prime
Starscream
Unicron
Ultra Magnus
Bumble Bee

GI. Joe
Snake Eyes
Nemesis Enforcer
Sgt. Slaughter
Duke
Storm Shadow

Transformers I never liked

Gi joe is harder than I thought between loving the show and the toys its hard to pick 5

Duke
Roadblock
Lady j
Snake eyes
Storm shadow.

If we were doing the toys my list would probably be different.

Snake eyes and storm shadow used to be my favorite, but when I got older I realized Ninja were OP bullshit characters.

Now my favorites are probably zartan and destro

I like the animal transformer characters. Optimus was an ape, and there was cool wasp character. They were cool, I guess/

Transformers:
Omega Supreme
Unicron
Megatron
Optimus
Tracks (only autobot car that could fly and was a cool AF corvette)

GI Joe:
Snake Eyes
Stormshadow

Both guys were way OP and could pretty much solo everyone else on the show. But tomato can Quick Kick somehow defeated Stormshadow in one episode and that never sat right with me. Honorable mention to Spirit because he also had some superhuman shit going on, although that might just be me associating him with Apache Chief from Super Friends.

Inuk chuk!!!

H4OL9Q.gif

Last edited:
Maybe some GI Joe afficianado can help me with this.

When I was young enough to play with the action figures, I did have one that was a guy with red hair and a mustache. He was kind of plain, I think tan shirt and either green pants or camo pants.

Who was this character? For some reason I thought his name was something like "recon" but I googled recondo and though he looks similar, he looks to have dark hair, and I know my guy had light hair.

This is recondo below. My guy also didn't have a hat. Maybe he came with one and I lost it, but the figure below looks like recondo's hat doesn't even come off so it's not him.

MTk4NC53ZWJw

Edit: I might be mistaken on the tan shirt. The more I think about it, the more I think he might have had a green shirt and tan pants

Edit again: I found a site that supposedly lists all the action figures and I didn't see him. So now I think maybe he was one of the lesser known guys that was packaged in with a vehicle. But I can't find a good ones of everyone that was packaged with vehicles.

Last edit:

Found him! His name is crankcase. It's funny, he came with a vehicle that I don't remember owning. Maybe one of my friends gave him to me or something.

Anyhoo, he was always my main hero when I played with them. I think maybe because he looked the closest to Chuck Norris out of all the guys I had.

85990.jpg

Last edited:
Transformers:
Omega Supreme
Unicron
Megatron
Optimus
Tracks (only autobot car that could fly and was a cool AF corvette)

GI Joe:
Snake Eyes
Stormshadow

Both guys were way OP and could pretty much solo everyone else on the show. But tomato can Quick Kick somehow defeated Stormshadow in one episode and that never sat right with me. Honorable mention to Spirit because he also had some superhuman bullshit going on, although that might just be because I'm associating him with Apache Chief from Super Friends.

Inuk chuk!!!

H4OL9Q.gif
Any Super Friends reference gets a like. Best opening in cartoon history.

Any Super Friends reference gets a like. Best opening in cartoon history.

Yeah I would get pumped whenever I saw that opening on Saturday mornings lol. Also Apache Chief was very underrated - dude was potentially the most powerful Super Friend but was always sandbagging. In the "Colossus" episode (starts at 13:30), some gigantic asshole makes Superman his bitch but Chief just says Inuk Chuk like 10 times, gets huge AF, beats his ass and turns him into the angry bagel manlet. Then completely clowns him later in the episode like he's one of the Harlem Globetrotters. What a badass.

Last edited:
Maybe some GI Joe afficianado can help me with this.

When I was young enough to play with the action figures, I did have one that was a guy with red hair and a mustache. He was kind of plain, I think tan shirt and either green pants or camo pants.

Who was this character? For some reason I thought his name was something like "recon" but I googled recondo and though he looks similar, he looks to have dark hair, and I know my guy had light hair.

This is recondo below. My guy also didn't have a hat. Maybe he came with one and I lost it, but the figure below looks like recondo's hat doesn't even come off so it's not him.

MTk4NC53ZWJw

Edit: I might be mistaken on the tan shirt. The more I think about it, the more I think he might have had a green shirt and tan pants

Edit again: I found a site that supposedly lists all the action figures and I didn't see him. So now I think maybe he was one of the lesser known guys that was packaged in with a vehicle. But I can't find a good ones of everyone that was packaged with vehicles.

Last edit:

Found him! His name is crankcase. It's funny, he came with a vehicle that I don't remember owning. Maybe one of my friends gave him to me or something.

Anyhoo, he was always my main hero when I played with them. I think maybe because he looked the closest to Chuck Norris out of all the guys I had.

85990.jpg

Looks like you already found him but based on your description, thought it might have been Wild Bill the helicopter pilot. Some versions of him had a hat and looked like Chuck Norris but another version looked like angry Tom Selleck.

1713986080062.png

1713986108787.png

I remember getting into GI Joe around the time the WWF (The Sarge) and NFL (The Fridge) had crossover figures. For me, they were more or less toys for the pool.

My parents must have spent a small fortune. You can look up their value here.

I feel that I had all of these. Almost certain.

GI Joe
Captain Gridiron
Chuckles
Lady Jane
Shipwreck
Heavy Duty
Stalker
Sci-Fi
Jinx
Leatherneck
Barracuda (Vehicle)

Cobra
Toxo Viper (1991)
B.A.T. (1991)
Baroness
Techno Viper
Night Viper
T.A.R.G.A.T. (1989)
Alley Viper (1993)
Night Creeper
Cobra Night Landing (Vehicle)

Never had a Transformers collection but did like the movie and cartoon. There was just so much flashy stuff back then pulling at your attention. But when I first saw Star Trek as a kid, I lost interest in products like GI Joe and wrestling and cartoons.

No mention of Beachhead from GI Joe? Dang. He was my favorite. Of course Snake Eyes too. If my friends ever gave me one of their GI Joes, and I already had that person or didn’t care too much about them, I would undo that screw in the back and mix and match their body parts and put them back together. Maybe they’d have matching arms or two completely different ones. And for the people I really didn’t like, they would face the firing line on my backyard fence staring down the barrel of a Daisy BB gun.

Back