Television Who's your top 5 favorite Transformers characters & GI. Joe characters?

Let's see the list.

Duke desert camo, no red.
Tunnel rat og
Dusty with coyote
Snake Eyes orange neon goggles
Gnawgahyde is the greatest action figure of all times

Honorable mentions

Og muskrat
Recondo
Og storm shadow
Og Beachhead
og roadblock.

And that's kind of a hard list to make with a top 5 and 5 honorable mentions because there's so many of them that I love. I like ninjas, dudes that look like soldiers and dudes with animals. My collection is amazing.

Maybe some GI Joe afficianado can help me with this.

When I was young enough to play with the action figures, I did have one that was a guy with red hair and a mustache. He was kind of plain, I think tan shirt and either green pants or camo pants.

Who was this character? For some reason I thought his name was something like "recon" but I googled recondo and though he looks similar, he looks to have dark hair, and I know my guy had light hair.

This is recondo below. My guy also didn't have a hat. Maybe he came with one and I lost it, but the figure below looks like recondo's hat doesn't even come off so it's not him.

MTk4NC53ZWJw

Edit: I might be mistaken on the tan shirt. The more I think about it, the more I think he might have had a green shirt and tan pants

Edit again: I found a site that supposedly lists all the action figures and I didn't see him. So now I think maybe he was one of the lesser known guys that was packaged in with a vehicle. But I can't find a good ones of everyone that was packaged with vehicles.

Last edit:

Found him! His name is crankcase. It's funny, he came with a vehicle that I don't remember owning. Maybe one of my friends gave him to me or something.

Anyhoo, he was always my main hero when I played with them. I think maybe because he looked the closest to Chuck Norris out of all the guys I had.

85990.jpg

He's the dunebuggy driver.

Duke desert camo, no red.
Tunnel rat og
Dusty with coyote
Snake Eyes orange neon goggles
Gnawgahyde is the greatest action figure of all times

Honorable mentions

Og muskrat
Recondo
Og storm shadow
Og Beachhead
og roadblock.

And that's kind of a hard list to make with a top 5 and 5 honorable mentions because there's so many of them that I love. I like ninjas, dudes that look like soldiers and dudes with animals. My collection is amazing.
The upcoming 6" Gnawgahyde with monkey and boar looks pretty good. Wasn't a fan of the early DiC cartoons I watched, but the figure is good as is the upcoming retro colors 6" Beach Head.

The upcoming 6" Gnawgahyde with monkey and boar looks pretty good. Wasn't a fan of the early DiC cartoons I watched, but the figure is good as is the upcoming retro colors 6" Beach Head.

I don't like the wrong sized remakes at all and I'm pissed they didn't make them old-school o ring and all. That said I bet he's great looking and likely still the goat action figure.

They are selling like crazy so my opinion doesn't matter but man it would have been cool to get all the big vehicles and shit i didn't have as a kid in reissue instead of for 400 bucks on ebay.

Lotta things I wish they would just reissue in og form. Like monsters in my pocket and army ants...

Don't really have a top list for Transformers, and GI Joe is sooooooooooo hard to cut down to just 5. I'm going to cheat and do 5 Joes and 5 foes.

JOES

1) Recondo - My Joe Wrestling Federation champion. Just a cool look.
2) Stalker - Probably my favorite original Joe.
3) Snake Eyes - Who didn't love the silent ninja.
4) Roadblock - Big dude with a big gun. And makes a mean souffle.
5) Tripwire - Goofy characters tend to be some of my favorites.

Gung Ho, Spirit, Tunnel Rat, Beachhead, Lady Jay, Flint and Junkyard could all have easily fit in.

FOES

1) Zartan - The master of disguise and his color changing body on the toy. With removable face!
2) Destro - Ole Iron Mask was such a cool look.
3) Firefly - Make things go BOOM!
4) Torch - That moustache...
5) Storm Shadow - Of course he's on the list.

Tomax and Xamot, Baroness, Ripper, Buzzer, and Baron Blood all honorable (dishonorable?) mentions

I don't like the wrong sized remakes at all and I'm pissed they didn't make them old-school o ring and all. That said I bet he's great looking and likely still the goat action figure.

They are selling like crazy so my opinion doesn't matter but man it would have been cool to get all the big vehicles and shit i didn't have as a kid in reissue instead of for 400 bucks on ebay.

Lotta things I wish they would just reissue in og form. Like monsters in my pocket and army ants...
Are you aware Super7 is making o-ring GI Joe to release later this year? The guy said they don't intend to remake what already exists. I'm guessing money talks and the popular characters will come out.

Also, Hasbro has a Ghostbusters o-ring 4 pack much cheaper than the most recent GI Joe o-ring they sold. The faces are detailed unlike the old poorly sculpted faces.

When Hasbro sold the Skystriker, Stinger, HISS a few years ago, I secured one of each. As a kid, those would have been too big and expensive to pursue.

Are you aware Super7 is making o-ring GI Joe to release later this year? The guy said they don't intend to remake what already exists. I'm guessing money talks and the popular characters will come out.

Also, Hasbro has a Ghostbusters o-ring 4 pack much cheaper than the most recent GI Joe o-ring they sold. The faces are detailed unlike the old poorly sculpted faces.

When Hasbro sold the Skystriker, Stinger, HISS a few years ago, I secured one of each. As a kid, those would have been too big and expensive to pursue.

I wasn't aware about any of the other ring figures coming out this year thanks I will have to look those up keep an eye out

She didn't make my top 5 GI Joes but Baroness running around this entire episode in a bikini was pretty... interesting for 10 year old ChickenBrother.

Joes:
1) Groundskeeper Willie

2) John Redcorn

3 and 4) Destro and Baroness (singing)

5) Snake Eyes (dancing)

Transformers:
1 and 2) Soundwave and Rumble (dancing)

3 and 4) Starscream (Cobra Commander) and Opitmus Prime (Nemesis Enforcer) (voice acting)

5) Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime (Serpentor)

Last edited:
GI Joe was my jam:

Storm Shadow
Beachhead
Cobra Commander
Mutt & Junkyard
Baroness

Transformers:
Soundwave
Soundwave
Soundwave
Soundwave
Old Snake

I just remember the toys as a kid my 6 overall in no order.

Soundwave
Snake eyes
Storm Shadow
Jetfire
Megatron

GI Joe was my jam:

Storm Shadow
Beachhead
Cobra Commander
Mutt & Junkyard
Baroness

Transformers:
Soundwave
Soundwave
Soundwave
Soundwave
Old Snake

Old Snake showing up in the G1 Transformers cartoon was indeed awesome. I just wish it had been someone more pragmatic and balanced like Destro or Zartan. Cobra Commander was the man in charge but he was kind of a whining bitch, basically the Starscream of GI Joe - they even shared the same voice actor. But agree Soundwave is tough to beat, especially if you're including Rumble, Laserbeak, Ravage, etc.

Last edited:
No mention of Beachhead from GI Joe? Dang. He was my favorite. Of course Snake Eyes too. If my friends ever gave me one of their GI Joes, and I already had that person or didn’t care too much about them, I would undo that screw in the back and mix and match their body parts and put them back together. Maybe they’d have matching arms or two completely different ones. And for the people I really didn’t like, they would face the firing line on my backyard fence staring down the barrel of a Daisy BB gun.

Beach Head was front and center in a lot of cool episodes but what made him your favorite? I feel like he was one of the more generic joes without any unique talents or abilities - he was just kind of angry and bossy all the time with a chip on his shoulder. Also he would walk around all day with a knit cap over his face even when it was hot outside, which reminded me of that dude from Fat Albert.

1714066506344.png

Beach Head was front and center in a lot of cool episodes but what made him your favorite? I feel like he was one of the more generic joes without any unique talents or abilities - he was just kind of angry and bossy all the time with a chip on his shoulder. Also he would walk around all day with a knit cap over his face even when it was hot outside, which reminded me of that dude from Fat Albert.

View attachment 1041298
I rarely watched the show, we didn't have much television, if I were to have seen an episode it would've been at a friends house. I was more into setting them up outside and having pretend battles. Beachhead was sometimes my sniper, my recon guy, the first person in the door...

After my post yesterday, I looked him up on Wiki. I was incorrect about his background, I thought that he was a Navy SEAL and didn't know that he was actually a Ranger. I liked him because I thought he was a bad ass but also because he wasn't one of the "normal" guys we were supposed to love, like Duke.

Another guy that I liked that would be what I would call relatively unknown was Mainframe, he must've been or hopefully was, a communications guy or in today's world, the IT guy. I liked him because I got him as a random gift from my dad. My parents never just got us stuff, you got stuff on your birthday and Christmas and that was it. I had gotten my tonsils removed that day and when my dad came home from work, he gave me the GI Joe package and it was Mainframe. My dad never did this type of stuff so I was blown away and still cherish the thought of it now.

I still have all of my GI Joe's. I have two sons and the youngest was into dolls... I mean action figures, so he played with them too but they are now back in storage in my shed as he is pushing 30 years old. Maybe my grand kids will play with them.

Lady J
Scarlett
Baroness
Zaranna
Jinx

Optimus Prime
Starscream
Grimlock
Fortress Maximus
and Megan Fox in Transformers

I rarely watched the show, we didn't have much television, if I were to have seen an episode it would've been at a friends house. I was more into setting them up outside and having pretend battles. Beachhead was sometimes my sniper, my recon guy, the first person in the door...

After my post yesterday, I looked him up on Wiki. I was incorrect about his background, I thought that he was a Navy SEAL and didn't know that he was actually a Ranger. I liked him because I thought he was a bad ass but also because he wasn't one of the "normal" guys we were supposed to love, like Duke.

Another guy that I liked that would be what I would call relatively unknown was Mainframe, he must've been or hopefully was, a communications guy or in today's world, the IT guy. I liked him because I got him as a random gift from my dad. My parents never just got us stuff, you got stuff on your birthday and Christmas and that was it. I had gotten my tonsils removed that day and when my dad came home from work, he gave me the GI Joe package and it was Mainframe. My dad never did this type of stuff so I was blown away and still cherish the thought of it now.

I still have all of my GI Joe's. I have two sons and the youngest was into dolls... I mean action figures, so he played with them too but they are now back in storage in my shed as he is pushing 30 years old. Maybe my grand kids will play with them.

Got it. Sounds like you liked him more based on the toys than the cartoon. I rarely got the toys either but I did watch the cartoon at home whenever it was on. Beach Head was the de facto drill sergeant tough guy before SGT Slaughter came along and canonically was 4th in command of the Joes behind Hawk, Duke and Flint. And yeah, I didn't care much for Duke either, as he was one of the generic apple pie guys that was forced on us.

The Navy SEAL guy was Wet Suit, who had a rivalry with Leatherneck, the Marine. Mainframe the IT guy actually got a lot of screen time and had several episodes focused on him. Canonically he was the oldest Joe, divorced with kids and on the cartoon had a good guy/bad guy romance with Zarana, Zartan's sister.

Back