Whose stock goes up after that fight?

Volk's skyrockets to the FUCKING Moon my GOD what a performance from Volk. Regardless of the result, he gave Islam a tougher fight than people in his OWN damn weight class. He really put Islam’s statement about Australia “Not having good wrestling” to the fire tonight.

@fortheo my brother, you're guy is the fucking man after tonight.

Volk clearly. He exceeded expectations, moved up weight classes and gave the 155 champ hell. I guarantee Islam will lose sleep over his performance tonight while Volk will be celebrating.

islam cant really say hes number 1 unless he beats volk clearly in a rematch

Both of them tbh.

Islam showed he can gas and still win a fight against a great fighter.

Volk goes up - Islam standup better than we thought …. But his grappling looked weaker then thought

tough fight to look good in caz they’re both fighting the best

but Volk lost nothjng

Volk vs Yair will be fire

I know some people aren't much for "moral victories", but it does feel like Volk's stock goes way up, and Makhachev's not so much.

We're gonna need a rematch.

Maybe volk defends the FW title and then goes back to LW for good.

Islams because Volk was already a P4P great. I don't think it was possible for Volks stock to go up much higher than where it already was. And if Volk beats say Dustin and Justin G I don't think it goes up much more. Now we're at a place where Islam is right at the door of being the 155 GOAT because of the Volk win. Khabib never fought an opponent like Volk.

It’s the best way Volk could lose, the way he handled that fight was insane, wrestling a much bigger guy and making it so close.

Can’t see Volk losing at featherweight after that showing, it was insane

Back