Why America cant win International wrestling

Actually you might assume that countries that didn't get medals in recent championship doesn't have wrestling.
It isn't so. If we have high concurrence from some 12 + damn strong countries and there are more than 20 conutries that didn't get medals IN recent championship doesn't means that they don't have wrestling.

About taking it out talked journalists and big dads, these big dads have real power.
Ok, most likely cos asia they allowed to continue wrestling in Olympics because now Japan and China are highly interested in this stuff. Large media market and governments that loves count medals. ;);)

An excellent observation

it's a very likely scenario that Asia keeps wrestling alive in the Olympics because of the higher Investments made in China recently

Japan has always been a Powerhouse country in the sport however they are not as big an advertising market

i'm in australia. wrestling is nearly no existent over here. there is a little bit now because of mma but there is very little "proper" wrestling. it pisses me off. i love wrestling. wrestling and boxing are the western martial arts.

that's really a shame

I am racially South African and spent a good portion of my childhood there

the only wrestling I was able to participate in was military in nature

I only remember a few opportunities to participate in Greco-Roman or freestyle

Look at the kind of money grappling sports pay in OTHER countries

https://en.mediamass.net/people/teddy-riner/highest-paid.html

He owes his fortune to smart stock investments, substantial property holdings, lucrative endorsement deals with CoverGirl cosmetics. He also owns several restaurants (the “Fat Riner Burger” chain) in Paris, a Football Team (the “Abymes Angels”), has launched his own brand of Vodka (Pure Wonderiner - France), and is tackling the juniors market with a top-selling perfume (With Love from Teddy) and a fashion line called “Teddy Riner Seduction”.

He owes his fortune to smart stock investments, substantial property holdings, lucrative endorsement deals with CoverGirl cosmetics. He also owns several restaurants (the “Fat Riner Burger” chain) in Paris, a Football Team (the “Abymes Angels”), has launched his own brand of Vodka (Pure Wonderiner - France), and is tackling the juniors market with a top-selling perfume (With Love from Teddy) and a fashion line called “Teddy Riner Seduction”.

Nice to hear from you dirty...been a while!

Yeah, way to copy and paste from the article I posted

Of course I never meant to imply that Teddy Riner was paid millions of dollars by the state to participate in Judo

Teddy is a very intelligent investor who is probably listend to his advisors

however...

Olympic athletes are paid in a lot of these countries that have success in the grappling Sports and this support allows them to springboard into a actual careers

"France's Judoka Teddy Riner was enthusiastically hailed as a hero by the crowd when he broke Japan's monopoly in the men's 100 + kilogram class to win the heavyweight title at the London Olympics.

France's Judoka Teddy Riner strikes gold in 2012 Olympic heavyweight judo. [File Photo]

Speaking after he arrived back from the Games at Paris' Gare du Nord Station, the five-time world champion said: "As an amateur player, I am proud of the gold medal win."

However, Riner's description of himself as an amateur is at odds with the reality of most Western athletes' circumstances. Also, this description of him carried in some Western media seems somewhat contradictory when the same media have accused the Chinese government of training "machines" for the purpose of winning Olympic gold medals at all costs.

The term "amateur" presents the illusion that an amateur athlete holds either a regular job, or is a student, and trains in his or her spare time, unpaid, in pursuit of gold medals.

Many therefore conclude that most Western gold medalists are amateurs as a result of the popularization of public sports, which is far from the reality in France.

Riner, for instance, started his judo training at a local sports club at the age of 5, qualified for formal competitions at 13, was selected for the French national team at 15 and won his first world title at 18.

Nicknamed "Teddy Bear," the 23-year-old judoka has never taken paid employment and even managed to snag a three-year contract last summer with the French Levallois Judo Club, which offered him an annual salary of €180,000 (US$221,049).

In addition, he received €35,000 in prize money for each of his five previous world titles (as well as €15,000 for winning the European title and €50,000 for winning Olympic gold) from the National Judo Association. He racked up a further €500,000 from four commercial sponsorship deals.

When a club's top athletes become eligible for competitions, it will receive huge subsidies from both central and local governments. The parent club of Riner's judo division, home to a large number of the country's top athletes, received half of its funds from the state and local government subsidies. Even the club's training facility, cars and computers are provided by the local government.

When global tournaments approach, the athletes who have previously been coached by their club will become part of the national team and all expenses will be met by the government"

http://www.china.org.cn/opinion/2012-08/13/content_26222183.htm

This yes, for example, people not rarerly think: ammy is nothing worth.
Well sponsored ammy is able to pay for coaching even more than medium level pro.
Ammy might use paid sparring partners like pros too.

Difference is that pro boxer is tailored more for next opponent.
Ammy for short tournaments with multiple bouts, more to decrease his weaknesses.
The same about KB, point stuff etc.

This yes, for example, people not rarerly think: ammy is nothing worth.
Well sponsored ammy is able to pay for coaching even more than medium level pro.
Ammy might use paid sparring partners like pros too.

Difference is that pro boxer is tailored more for next opponent.
Ammy for short tournaments with multiple bouts, more to decrease his weaknesses.
The same about KB, point stuff etc.

America is world famous for giving crap support to their grappling Sports

Countries like France the Soviet Bloc and most of Asia have grappling sports available in school for free just like American High School wrestling

Have you ever considered releasing your own fashion line called 'Dirty Holt Seduction' to help fund your training?

About amateurs that are real students, yes, It is fact.
Are they 100% fulltime students, it is a bit different question.
One for example finished 5 years programme in 7 years. Yes, he did all exams in person and defeated thesis in person.

About amateurs that are real students, yes, It is fact.
Are they 100% fulltime students, it is a bit different question.
One for example finished 5 years programme in 7 years. Yes, he did all exams in person and defeated thesis in person.

how would you feel about a "Cuban" model where athletes reside at a training center and have their basic needs met by the state?

I don't understand this argument coming from certain posters that somehow privatization will ruin wrestling in America. It is a major key in the success we've been having in recent years. Many solid clubs are opening up around the country and teaching technique to kids who didn't have that at their disposal before. In years prior it was mainly just scholastic (government run) before that. Ben Askren is one more recent example. He is making a name for himself in Wisconsin with a chain of successful clubs, spends time with the Badger RTC, and helps out college guys as well.

This belief that the numbers in wrestling are dwindling and we should embrace this "sky is falling" mentality is wrong as well. Why do people just automatically assume that a greater number of wrestlers always means more quality? Iran's overall wrestling participation has gone down, and the majority of good wrestlers come from a particular region, but that doesn't mean they've stopped producing does it? Just because you can flood a basketball team with players doesn't mean they're of good quality.

There was a poster who literally just detailed how in his high-school his coach knew next to nothing about technique and spent the majority of his time chain-smoking rather than coaching. Was this a function of the private sector failing to provide you with good coaching, or a public government funded one? My guess is the later. All sports in America are moving to a more privatized system. There are literally schools that are devoted to specific sports from basketball, to football, and even wrestling.

With improving technology wrestling's popularity is growing. People are literally a couple clicks away from watching virtually any tournament they want and while some people hate Flo, they've done a good job drumming up interest in the sport. I highly doubt was almost booted out of the Olympics because it was boring or for lack of popularity. I'd assume it has a lot to do with the highly shady characters that happen to constantly weasel there way into the scene. Seriously, there all sorts of James Bond bad-guy types who are involved with the sport it's laughable.

I don't understand this argument coming from certain posters that somehow privatization will ruin wrestling in America. It is a major key in the success we've been having in recent years. Many solid clubs are opening up around the country and teaching technique to kids who didn't have that at their disposal before. In years prior it was mainly just scholastic (government run) before that. Ben Askren is one more recent example. He is making a name for himself in Wisconsin with a chain of successful clubs, spends time with the Badger RTC, and helps out college guys as well.

This belief that the numbers in wrestling are dwindling and we should embrace this "sky is falling" mentality is wrong as well. Why do people just automatically assume that a greater number of wrestlers always means more quality? Iran's overall wrestling participation has gone down, and the majority of good wrestlers come from a particular region, but that doesn't mean they've stopped producing does it? Just because you can flood a basketball team with players doesn't mean they're of good quality.

There was a poster who literally just detailed how in his high-school his coach knew next to nothing about technique and spent the majority of his time chain-smoking rather than coaching. Was this a function of the private sector failing to provide you with good coaching, or a public government funded one? My guess is the later. All sports in America are moving to a more privatized system. There are literally schools that are devoted to specific sports from basketball, to football, and even wrestling.

With improving technology wrestling's popularity is growing. People are literally a couple clicks away from watching virtually any tournament they want and while some people hate Flo, they've done a good job drumming up interest in the sport. I highly doubt was almost booted out of the Olympics because it was boring or for lack of popularity. I'd assume it has a lot to do with the highly shady characters that happen to constantly weasel there way into the scene. Seriously, there all sorts of James Bond bad-guy types who are involved with the sport it's laughable.

Private leadership with public funding is the endgame

With that hustle you can slime around labor laws and regulations and rip the government off just like my lazy Old Coach

Your reverence for
CASH-flo.wrestling gives you away

Internet monopoly 101

Wrestling participation rates are RADICALLY down from when I was I record breaking coach in the 90s

this math is simple and easy to understand

The sport is dying and you are trying to make a nickel off its burial like a grave digger

Folkstyle wrestling was America's last publicly-funded combat Sport and its death will lead to American subservience in MMA

RIP American wrestling

RIP American MMA

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-real-reason-wrestlers-dominate-the-ufc-american-mma.3959991/

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/american-scolastic-folkstyle-wrestling-a-dying-sport.3964681/

# you understand now?

# irreguardless

# school choice dance?

Look kids...

PROPAGANDA:

Last edited:
how about Downey getting beaten in the first round in moscow on saturday morning.

and no love for mohammad mohammdinian crushing and teching bo nickal and then pinning kyle snyder back to back

how about Downey getting beaten in the first round in moscow on saturday morning.

and no love for mohammad mohammdinian crushing and teching bo nickal and then pinning kyle snyder back to back

Folkstyle "Converts" will never be able to hang on the freestyle Mat with athletes that train freestyle from birth

the sports are just too different

that is why america can't win International wrestling

post some links please

Downey isn’t even top 5 in the US at 86. Bo was literally wrestling up two weight classes. Did you conveniently forget he just won gold at u23, teching the #6 guy in the world?

Congrats, an Iranian beat Snyder. And guess what... we’ve still placed higher than Iran in team points for 3 straight world championships.

Valencia in Rome just teched a bronze medalist from last year. Iran’s prodigy heavyweight couldn’t even make it out of the first period against Parris, a 19 year old who has been focusing solely on wrestling for only 2 years. Threw Zare to his back like a child.

Downey isn’t even top 5 in the US at 86. Bo was literally wrestling up two weight classes. Did you conveniently forget he just won gold at u23, teching the #6 guy in the world?

Congrats, an Iranian beat Snyder. And guess what... we’ve still placed higher than Iran in team points for 3 straight world championships.

Valencia in Rome just teched a bronze medalist from last year. Iran’s prodigy heavyweight couldn’t even make it out of the first period against Parris, a 19 year old who has been focusing solely on wrestling for only 2 years. Threw Zare to his back like a child.

I'm not happy about those numbers

I'm not gloating about those numbers

I'm just being honest about it

America can't win international wrestling because America doesn't practice International wrestling

We'll see what happens in 2024 when wrestling has its last Olympics

this recent loss by one of Americas best wrestlers illustrates one of the more significant differences between American folk wrestling and Russo Islamic freestyle

American athletes have been traumatized by the the hyper aggressive style preached by American coaches

over the decades in a desperate attempt to increase television viewership the powers that be have pushed American wrestling to be hyper aggressive...taking shot after shot after shot

in contrast the international style ...ESPECIALLY the Russo Islamic international style is counter attack oriented and NOT worried about the advertisers and the television appeal like the Americans

all wrestling auspices have been pushing for hyper aggressive wrestling and anti-stalling rule fiddling for many years now and the foolish Americans took the bait while the wiser Russo Islamic wrestlers are smart enough to lay back and wait for an opportunity created by the over aggressive American style

this heart breaking loss for USA wrestling is one of the best examples of this TERRIBLE strategy and its high cost in international competition

Wow, we lost some matches! The sky is falling! We’ve consistently placed highly in world events and within the last 3 years have won a world championship as a a team beating Russia within the last 2 and you’re complaining that we’re somehow getting worse? Talk about not realizing any improvements that we’ve made...of course we will not overtake Russia overnight, but we have pretty consistently out place Iran. Again, that’s called progress and if you’re too blind to recognize that well than I don’t know what to tell you.

I don’t believe that we should be publicaly funding wrestling.Sorry, just because you and I love the sport doesn’t mean we should be using tax dollars to fund our enjoyment. I would rather that we did away with collegiate public funded sports and just had leagues for athletes to participate in. It would be much better for athletes that want to compete but either can’t make the grade or aren’t interested in school period. Less time doing something they hate and more time training.

As I said, let private clubs teach the athletes and you could easily hire Russian coaches to train athletes. I for one would love to see America do good at Greco but that will never happen through or shit collegiate system.

I know we are all passionate about the topics we engage in on the forums but I have no clue why you decided To skip all points brought up in my post and try to trash me. Geez, with tactics like that you sound like your last name should be Ulyanov.

Wow, we lost some matches! The sky is falling! We’ve consistently placed highly in world events and within the last 3 years have won a world championship as a a team beating Russia within the last 2 and you’re complaining that we’re somehow getting worse? Talk about not realizing any improvements that we’ve made...of course we will not overtake Russia overnight, but we have pretty consistently out place Iran. Again, that’s called progress and if you’re too blind to recognize that well than I don’t know what to tell you.

I don’t believe that we should be publicaly funding wrestling.Sorry, just because you and I love the sport doesn’t mean we should be using tax dollars to fund our enjoyment. I would rather that we did away with collegiate public funded sports and just had leagues for athletes to participate in. It would be much better for athletes that want to compete but either can’t make the grade or aren’t interested in school period. Less time doing something they hate and more time training.

As I said, let private clubs teach the athletes and you could easily hire Russian coaches to train athletes. I for one would love to see America do good at Greco but that will never happen through or shit collegiate system.

I know we are all passionate about the topics we engage in on the forums but I have no clue why you decided To skip all points brought up in my post and try to trash me. Geez, with tactics like that you sound like your last name should be Ulyanov.

Nothing personal I'm not trying to be rude or trash you in any way we just have a different opinion

I think the fact that we build all kinds of public infrastructure for basketball soccer and football while denying wrestlers access to community centers is a hypocritical thing to do

We already have a publicly-funded combat sport it's called wrestling in the public school system

all we have to do is switch to Freestyle rules and we will dominate International wrestling overnight thus securing its safety in the Olympics forever because Coke McDonald's and Budweiser will then pour money into the sport preserving it for generations to come

Back