Why are people undestimating Khamzat

He is for real. Just needs to polish his striking defense.

Of course he is for real and a very good fighter, but I feel like the nerds and the muslim fanboys has blown his abilities out of proportion. Remember Jones when he was up n coming? He was finishing guys like Bader, Shogun, Rampage, Belfort, Machida.

he looks like the greatest fighter ever against unranked dudes, and while he won both. His 2 wins against ranked dudes could have gone either way. The fact he just eeked out a win against an aging Usman who had less than 2 weeks notice and wasn't in fight shape doesn't support his fans hollering how he's the greatest fighter ever and will beat everyone easily.

Him vs Nikals would be interesting because both have way too high of an opinion of themselves. Bo is even more delusional than Khazmat though, which is crazy. And as far as fans, both have fans that are over the top in how much they hype them up. But I can't remember another fighter with fans quite like Chimaev's though. At least not one who only had 2 notable wins.

That fight is bound to happen and should be fun. And 1 would lose which should at least semi shut up the fans of the loser.

Khamzat must be one of the most mis managed careers we have seen recently, I mean people were saying he could be the first 3 division champion.

The UFC used him as a pawn to mess around Diaz, takes 0 damage against Holland then has a "break" for over a year now all of a sudden the UFC want to rush him into a title fight at 185 with his 2 biggest wins against 170s.

After his first to fights in the UFC we saw he was the real deal and should of chosen a weigh class and worked his way up like what they did with Pereira who joined the UFC almost a year later and will have had 3 title fights in 2 deferent weight classes before Khamzat has even been booked for his first,
So its not like the UFC didnt have a road map to rush fighters to the top just with Khamzat, there is so much un answered questions that no one can/want to answer.

Personally I expected more.

Got very tired on the 3rd , Usman had just 9 days , Did not finish the fight and apparently blew his hand..does this mean no Khamzat , AGAIN, until a year from now? 6 months rest plus ramadan in March.. need more khamzat .

He's a very good and legit fighter, simply not as great as his hype. If you were to believe his hype, he's an indestructible force.

If anything, Usman showed he's a better fighter than Khamzat in a fair fight (full training camp).
Unless Khamzat broke his hand... then it puts the R1 vs R2/3 performances in a different light.

Back