Why are they not promoting Nunes like they did with Ronda?

LOL
Kid, you are a dumbass hater. You call her ugly, make fun of her... I bet you are a reall catch!
Go tell Ronda how pretty you think she is.

Kid, you are all over the place
Yes, obviously people rather watch a top fighter who is also the sexiest one possible.
But when talking about MMA, skills trump looks, and you are far too immature or obviously wrong and can't admit it.

And here you go again, trying to say she is cute, but god forbid you call her attractive.
Are you that ashamed of how you feel about her? Are you that insecure?
And regardless of how touchy you are about calling her beautiful, you did call her attractive and bashed Nunes. But you pick a good picture (which is NOT how Ronda looks) and then you pick one unattractive one from Nunes.
If you were honest, you'd not have to put one down to lift the other up.
But then again, as I mentioned there's always a part xenophobe from haters... Must be the American water...

Bottom line, is that you are wrong. MMA is about skills, not looks.
You are just an immature kid in puberty, so you get the hots for Ronda. and you are probably bitter Nunes beat the shit out of her!!! And NOW we know why you pick on Nunes!

Fear the return!!!! LOL

Here, kid. Go nuts!

CGdNFoi.png

I will leave you two alone
<6><{clintugh}>

This is the equivalent of Conor screaming "Doctor stoppage!!!" from the floor. You're toast, son. Peace

AntonioSilva_450x260.jpg

+
Womens_March_NYC_54834.jpg-bf92f.jpg

=

amandanunes.jpg

<PlusJuan>

This is the equivalent of Conor screaming "Doctor stoppage!!!" from the floor. You're toast, son. Peace

AntonioSilva_450x260.jpg

+
Womens_March_NYC_54834.jpg-bf92f.jpg

=

amandanunes.jpg

<PlusJuan>
Here, kid.
For when you reach your climax, think of that face, coming with you:
2i6v8b.jpg

they promoted the ppv to 1m+ buys genius. then nunes brutally knocked out the established star. it didn't make her a star.
And you don't see any connection between the rub not being passed along and the whole event being billed as Ronda's return, while she did minimal PR and the UFC/WME not doing much promotion with Nunes?
what is the point of saying there are less black fighters at the top of the sport in mma than boxing? is there a specific point you're trying to make? because it sounds like you're trying to make some stupid link to being harder to promote.........
It's part of why Nunes didn't break through and isn't promoted as much as Rousey. It's not a conspiracy, the UFC has more trouble building black stars for various reasons, some within their control, some not.
lmao that site doesn't have an agenda or anything
Which is why I said the point is overstressed in that piece. Doesn't mean there aren't kernels of truth in it.

Cain was promoted to get the Mexican audience. UFC has enough Brazilian heros. How many videos did they make of Cain in a some Mexican corn field working the farm with his father? The guy wasn't even born in Mexico

and Jon Jones beat absolute killers over 10 years, and even then he wasn’t promoted as hard as guys like GSP… he forced UFC to promote him and Dana always shit on Jon Jones until he needed him for a big card

plus, black athletes are easier to promote than Brazilian (in America)
Really? Jones? A dumb guy that continually was screwing the UFC effort to make him a super star is the only people that you can think about? No Mighty Mouse or Aldo, you chose the worst example ever o_O

Really? Jones? A dumb guy that continually was screwing the UFC effort to make him a super star is the only people that you can think about? No Mighty Mouse or Aldo, you chose the worst example ever o_O
Jon Jones is a fuck up in that regard, but it would be dishonest to not mention how he felt he was forced to be marketed because he was a black athlete. He had to really lean into the "I love Jesus, I'm an amazing guy who can do no wrong, etc." Essentially a redux of the Joe Louis approach to a combat sports athlete.

Jon Jones is a fuck up in that regard, but it would be dishonest to not mention how he felt he was forced to be marketed because he was a black athlete. He had to really lean into the "I love Jesus, I'm an amazing guy who can do no wrong, etc." Essentially a redux of the Joe Louis approach to a combat sports athlete.

Nonsense. Where are you getting that Jones felt "forced" to do anything? Black American athletes can market themselves in a myriad of different ways. They aren't forced into roles anymore than anyone else.

If Jones says, "I love Jesus, I'm an amazing guy who can do no wrong, etc." Is this Jones being forced to market himself a certain way or is it how he really feels about himself? You think its a stereotype because you claim another black fighter represented himself similarly 80 years ago? C'mon man, that's not any kind of supporting evidence for you claims.

She should fight Jake Paul, her popularity would skyrocket. Of course, she would lose, but at least she would make more money than all of her fights so far combined.

I'm from the Balkans, and theres a discussion these days why is Djokovic not as popular as Federer or Nadal, even though when you hear him speak he's very eloquent, even more than both of them, more passionate on court and his life story is more interesting too, yet somehow he's not there.
Sometimes some people just don't have It factor, even though logically they have all the assets. It's hard to explain.

Yeah, it's not a partisan issue really, more just if you're a huge corporation you got to be friends with politicians of all stripes. And hard to say how much of the fanbase leans one way or another, but I think a lot of fans think the fanbase is younger and more diverse than it really is.

You're connecting two unrelated points. I think the UFC didn't do a good job promoting Amanda and I also think promoting non-white athletes in combat sports is harder. I don't think the UFC is racist toward Amanda, just uncreative and clueless as to how to promote someone that doesn't' fit into the neat box they like PPV stars to fit in.

And you'll notice the UFC (mma in general) has struggled to produce the quantity of black stars you would see in boxing.

https://theundefeated.com/features/conor-mcgregor-and-the-shrinking-power-of-the-great-white-hope/

The author stresses the point too much, but the way I would put it is just that race sells well in combat sports. It is what it is, some fighters lean into it more than others.

Quite a shit ton of gay people on the planet. But the target audience would be broader more just people who find a gay athlete important. And that's a lot of potential money.

I have no idea what you're saying with "broader audience". I don't think just bleed 40 year old dude gives a fuck that Amanda Nunes is a lesbian with a lesbian wife and has a baby. There is definitely not some broad appeal to that, it's fiction. Nunes has already been marketed as a gay/lesbian fighter, no one cares. Being gay isn't a personality trait, it isn't a draw. Also on "a lot of gay people"...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_demographics_of_the_United_States

3.8% of the US was LGBT according to the 2015 census. The number is probably inflated now in 2020-2021 due to like the retard gender shit and people pretending to be, but it's still going to be around the same. It's a small minority.

So sure, 3% to 5% of 7 billion is going to be a large number. But then you're using the world which is entirely misleading because what % of that 7 billion watch the UFC or MMA? Most of China and India and Africa and many other countries simply don't give a shit. Many of those countries also harbor bigotry and are the opposite of "woke" too.

So in the US let's say, 330 million now x 4% we'll round it up = 13.2 million people.

Right that's a "large number", but in context that's 4% of the country. Now how many of that specific demographic are going to be attracted to combat sports, sports in general, and more specifically MMA. I doubt very many, of that already tiny minority share of the entire country.

Hence why targeting marketing campaigns at a ~4% demographic that is very likely not interested or inclined to watch is completely retarded. And again, I don't believe in this magical hoard of people who all are salivating to watch a lesbian mma fighter...lol. The reason Rousey and McGregor were huge was due to personality, polarization, excitement on top of dominating in the octagon. Nunes has the latter, none of the former. She's nice, I like her as a fighter too with all this said....but she is not a draw, she is not controversial or exciting, she can barely speak english.

And you don't see any connection between the rub not being passed along and the whole event being billed as Ronda's return, while she did minimal PR and the UFC/WME not doing much promotion with Nunes?
If nunes had IT, she would have gotten more of the rub……it’s not like they don’t market her as the goat……

It's part of why Nunes didn't break through and isn't promoted as much as Rousey. It's not a conspiracy, the UFC has more trouble building black stars for various reasons, some within their control, some not.

Again, your head is warped. What black fighters should have been bigger stars in your mind?? And Amanda is a black fighter? SMH…

Wtf is wrong with you? Where are you getting your information? It’s warped.

Where are you getting that Jones felt "forced" to do anything? Black American athletes can market themselves in a myriad of different ways. They aren't forced into roles anymore than anyone else.
In his mind, by his handlers, and the UFC reinforced it some. This isn't some great claim, that middle white America sees race certain ways. It's a relatively narrow niche and he chose to lean into it for a while. Again, not a grand claim, given how often people see him as fake for acting that way.
3.8% of the US was LGBT according to the 2015 census. The number is probably inflated now in 2020-2021 due to like the retard gender shit and people pretending to be, but it's still going to be around the same. It's a small minority.
Other way, it's going to be understated more than likely. Adults aren't putting I'm gay on their census forms because they're pretending to be lol.
So in the US let's say, 330 million now x 4% we'll round it up = 13.2 million people.
Again, the audience would not be just be LGBTQ, it would be those who align with that. Which is a lot more, and has quite a few more cosmopolitan folks in that target demographic (re: they're rich and have lots of disposable income).
Again, your head is warped. What black fighters should have been bigger stars in your mind?? And Amanda is a black fighter? SMH…
MM is the main one. You seem to have issues admitting that the UFC sometimes bungles marketing and promoting of fighters.
Wtf is wrong with you? Where are you getting your information? It’s warped.
You think Jones' act was something he sincerely believed and not a PR spin meant to give an audience something they wanted? Race and class influence how Americans perceive people. Not sure why you think the UFC's fanbase is exempt from these kind of things.

In his mind, by his handlers, and the UFC reinforced it some. This isn't some great claim, that middle white America sees race certain ways. It's a relatively narrow niche and he chose to lean into it for a while. Again, not a grand claim, given how often people see him as fake for acting that way.
You made it up. Completely. You used the words forced. Lol. And you’re not backing down. It’s amazing….

MM is the main one. You seem to have issues admitting that the UFC sometimes bungles marketing and promoting of fighters.
You make everything negative. Your word association would be fascinating…..

MM was a flyweight. They tried to market him. It wasn’t because he was black that he wasn’t popular. You see it as black though and you see it as ufc bad……stipe wasn’t a very marketable fighter either. There are lots of examples of white fighters who couldn’t sell ppv.

You think Jones' act was something he sincerely believed and not a PR spin meant to give an audience something they wanted? Race and class influence how Americans perceive people. Not sure why you think the UFC's fanbase is exempt from these kind of things.
You said he was forced by the ufc genius…..and yes, lots of people talk religion and act differently. It’s a tough standard to live by. Especially for someone young and rich and famous. He has a prominent tattoo of a fuckin bible verse. Maybe the ufc forced him to get it.

Never been fired so you're vision is off, sorry to pop your bubble. Not sure why you find it so hard to believe that a company with no real competitors half asses some of their work. That's kind of a side effect of market dominance.
Keep pouting, you sound super successful.
<YeahOKJen>

You made it up. Completely. You used the words forced. Lol. And you’re not backing down. It’s amazing….
Yes, he felt like he had to play a certain role to appeal to the UFC's audience. As in he felt forced into that role. That's not a poor JJ comment, that's just explaining why he presented himself the way he did.
It wasn’t because he was black that he wasn’t popular. You see it as black though and you see it as ufc bad……
Yeah, I didn't say MM wasn't popular because he's black. You ascribe motive to simple observations that isn't there.
You said he was forced by the ufc genius
Where did I say he was forced by the UFC? Again, you imagine things. Me saying Jon Jones felt forced into a certain role doesn't mean I think that's the UFC's doing.

Keep pouting, you sound super successful.
<YeahOKJen>
Odd that you think me saying x,y,z might be reasons Nunes isn't popular in a thread asking why that is is pouting. Perhaps you should check out a dictionary sometimes and double check some vocab.

Back