Why Did People Hoard Toilet Paper When Covid Started

Of all the thing people could have hoarded, toilet paper seem like a odd choice to get but fucking people went wild over it. But why?

Out of necessity... most people are full of shit and they were just preparing for the future.

Either that or they thought that the latest investment craze was actually crapto currencies rather than crypto...

I've cut down on my toilet paper usage by using one of these. Plus my toilets positioned right next to a sink so it works out nicely.

31fs9nqyl0L._AC_SY1000_.jpg

Of all the thing people could have hoarded, toilet paper seem like a odd choice to get but fucking people went wild over it. But why?

Because they knew the amount of bullshit that was gonna come from politicians' mouths.

I might have started it by saying on Sherdog that I had just stocked up on toilet paper when COVID hit.

I normally have several months worth of common household supplies on hand. I think what caused the run on toilet paper was so many people being home and not going to work. Much of the toilet paper used in workplaces comes from sources other than the retail chains. Many people stole their toilet paper from work so they had to buy it. Add to that, the "Just In Time" supply chain that falls apart if demand increases even slightly and the stage was set. When people hear that there might be a shortage of something, they start buying more than they normally would. One of the first shortages I remember was the gasoline shortages of the early 70s. Next was the antifreeze shortage in 1974 that was supposedly caused by the use of polyester for leisure suits. There was also a predicted sugar shortage in 1974 that lead to a run on sugar. I was running a warehouse that stored sugar for Crystal sugar that local distributors came to pick up. There wasn't a shortage because we handled twice as much sugar that year compared to previous years.

All they have to do is hint at a shortage and prices jump because people react to it.

Mainly women, and I understand the concern to a certain extent. Unfortunately, I ran out of TP and had to improvise for a few days because people kept cleaning out the store before I could get there after work. Everyone was just sitting at home with their thumb up their ass planning their next toilet paper heist.

@Trainspotter why would you think that? I'm on a karate forum and have my woman's arse in my AV and you think to ask me that?

The mountain dew hoarding was more hilarious to me folks would go to albertsons here and come out with a cart of like maybe 240 cans of mountain dew.

Back