Why didn't Dana sign Cedric Doumbe??

Because he wasn’t going to overpay for a French one dimensional striker who was going to compete in a grapplers shark tank at WW.

After gimmick match ups with Kevin Holland, Wonderboy, etc. who were they going to throw at him? I’m not sure he even gets passed either of those two lol.

Because he wasn’t going to overpay for a French one dimensional striker who was going to compete in a grapplers shark tank at WW.

After gimmick match ups with Kevin Holland, Wonderboy, etc. who were they going to throw at him? I’m not sure he even gets passed either of those two lol.
They signed MVP though.

Plenty of one dimensionar strikers at ww in the UFC for him to fight, but I guess he is not as good as fucking Arod or Moroni.

Exactly why Dana signed MVP!!!!!!!......wait a minute....

Maybe Doumbe can still work with Dana and, bonus, sharpen his grappling chops in a world class promotion like -

Power Slap

Plenty of one dimensionar strikers at ww in the UFC for him to fight, but I guess he is not as good as fucking Arod or Moroni.

Exactly why Dana signed MVP!!!!!!!......wait a minute

MVP has a win over Douglas Lima and has fought solid grapplers like Storley… who has Doumbe fought? A French caliber grappler in his last fight which he lost?

I’m sure Daner is losing sleep over Doumbe knocking out a bottom of the barrel guy like Jaleel Willis who can’t even win fights in the minor leagues like Bellator

<31>

MVP has a market in the USA and in the UK. He’s also faced decent caliber grapplers to win a couple fights.
Love that they signed MVP, a f'n warrior! Can't stand his hand/snake thing, but his 8 weapons are capable of extreme skull-fracturing damage. That makes him a gotta-watch fighter, Doumbe isn't imho near as exciting.

Ian Garry would make an awesome statement if he'd "fight down" to MVP.​

Last edited:
PFL is paying him to fight cans (aside from Baki) and bloated up lightweights, his next fight is going to be vs Anthony Pettis who has been washed for years lmao.

Let's see him beat some real guys before we say UFC missed out on anything.

They did sign him...Not sure of the brain issue someone mentioned, but the French MMA commision or whatever his name didnt allow him to fight, he was "too new" or something at the time, the UFC call it off, but its not like they passed on the guy.

Back