Why do the rich drive Tesla?

PaleMoonlight

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Here in So Cal, I've been noticing that the rich are driving Tesla. And they also drive like they own the road. Since when did Tesla became a status symbol for the rich? Even though Teslas are more affordable and cheaper, it seems like Tesla is replacing BMW and other luxury car companies.

And yes, I'm poor.

My boss wasnt rich and had like 3 of them. You can get a basic model for less than 35k.

the higher end Teslas appear to be very nice and luxurious.

Plus that electric motor acceleration is no joke. All the bmw drivers are finding more thrills are to be had in a Tesla.
Yep. And like any other expensive car, it’s a way to signal status.
But I have read the build quality of Teslas, as with any new entrant into automotive manufacturing, is not very good.
Still, it must be fun to hit the accelerator and have all of the horsepower immediately transferred to the wheels like that.

Apparently the fit and finish on Teslas can be crap

I would think a Lexus EV would have an all- around better build and ride quality, but not necessarily as much power
I would love to have even the Lexus hybrid. I have an IS200t, and the drive is so much fun. I love driving it.

There are few things I wouldn't do for an LC500h
What I really want is the RC. Holy shit, that is a nice looking car. I bet it drives like a goddamn dream.
My dad has always had Mercedes and BMWs, but even he was asking me if I’d sell my IS to him. That’s how well Lexus fine tunes their driving experience.

It's simply a status symbol, and Tesla is the new shiny thing on the block. For a lot of simpletons, being able to play games on the infotainment and do all the gimmicky meme-able things (like custom horn sounds) is appealing. Trust me, the true car enthusiasts are still buying BMWs and Porsches.

Last edited:
What I really want is the RC. Holy shit, that is a nice looking car. I bet it drives like a goddamn dream.
My dad has always had Mercedes and BMWs, but even he was asking me if I’d sell my IS to him. That’s how well Lexus fine tunes their driving experience.
Imagine an LFA. They are collectors items now and can go for a million (U.S. dollars). Finding out Paris Hilton had one gave me a stomach ache for a day

Last edited:
Maybe those driving Model S, X and definitely a Roadster. Now a days Model 3's are affordable and if you drive it for at least 5 years it probably ends up being cheaper than even a Camry or Accord. Even a Model Y is well priced compared to a 7-8 passenger SUV.

Because the rich care more about the environment than the poor’s
there is a pile of trash in the pacific twice the size of texas, i couldn't give a fuck what trash can my soda bottle goes in, because it makes zero difference

Last edited:
Back