Why does the UFC Apex have to be this small?

They really need to go back to Hard Rock, Palms, etc. for these smaller cards. The old cards there prove that 1,000 people is plenty enough to give a good sense of crowd to the fights, which is what's lacking from these Apex cards.

They'd sell them out just from randoms in Vegas that week who are down to spend a couple hours at a random UFC card.

So, I understand the convenience for the UFC to have a fixed arena in Las Vegas where all the minor cards can take place to run the rankings, but why does it all have to be so tiny? With a shrunken cage, a small audience, where you lose all the atmosphere of a big crowd and all the excitement that comes with it, both for the viewers and the fighters themselves?

The Apex the way it is now was perfect during the covid pandemic because assemblages were to be avoided anyway, now that the scare is over you can afford to accommodate more people, I bet with all the money ufc makes they could even build their own stadium lol, can they possibly be so cheap?
Why do you care?

Looks no different while watching from my living room.

It was originally made for teh TUF show or any sort of promotions n stuff. It never was intended for Fight Nights.

Covid forced their hand, & then all of a sudden they could make a full blown show without the overhead cost of doing it elsewhere.

ESPN is paying 10mill/event... so I wonder if there will be pressure from them to put on bigger showz.

I do like the idea of making a bigger venue though. I mean, it's all good to me if they want to do it in their back yard, but lets get that fooking room bigger!!! It would be nice to see a bigger crowd.

The worse part about it is the smaller cage. It's a pet peave of mine to have to adjust my speculations based on the different sized cages. I hate the idea that fighters have to adjust their fighting to accomodate different sized cages. I wish they'd just go with the one bigger size.

The Apex has over stayed its welcome when it comes to events. Fine for challenger series the TUF shit.

I agree sir.
Watching fights in there feels like amateur hour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back