Why I think WMMA is trash

It is garbage, everytime a wmma fight pops up I get Jon Fitch flashbacks

This doesn't make WMMA as a whole trash.

Plenty of of quality fighters, and many fights are exciting precisely because some lower level techniques (head and arm throws straight to mount etc.) working - kinda like throwback into the nineties of MMA.

But yeah, some of fights are terrible 3 rounds of mostly impotent striking (I know this striking would still fuck me up, but it still looks weak).

You have to deal with it and watch the good ones.

Why I think you're trash: You make threads about things you think are trash.

Either the women are too stubborn to listen to their coaches or their coaches are taking it wayyy too easy on them. I hardly ever see improvement in any area of a female fighter. What they fight like in their debut is what they fight like in their retirement fight.

Holly Holm:
Karate blitz into high kick. Naked high kick. Jump off back leg and push kick the knee. Bites down on mouthpiece and starts shouting as she attacks EVERY time.
Why hasn't her coach ever disciplined her in not doing a blitz as her only way of punching? Why does she still throw endless naked kicks? Why does a boxing champ not box?

Ronda:

Lol ok I don't need to explain this one

PVZ:
Pointless bouncing followed by blitz. Sits wayyyy out of range until she engages. Then when she is in the pocket she throws body kicks for some reason. Has no striking defense. Under arm body lock followed by hip toss. Clinch and repeatedly try to throw knees to the head she can't reach.
Again why aren't her coaches breaking down her patterns. Why aren't they having her sit in the pocket with someone like Faber and learn how to dirty box without clinching. Maybe learn to to do a double or single leg takedown at somepoint in your PRO career
Happy women´s day baby

Oh look another boring anti-WMMA thread

You left out the #1 reason WMMA is trash,

Connie McGruber:
This girl has shit tier wrestling, shit tier BJJ, and only can only fight standing up against much smaller opponents. Also she gasses every 2 rounds and has a stupid stance with her chin pointing straight up yet noone can exploit it.
All she has is one punch, a left hand. All her fights are won by left hand punches. She isn't even 1 dimensional, she is 0.25 dimensional (.25 for all the limbs).
Despite all that she beat two of the greatest WMMA fighters of all time, Josette Aldo and Edwina Alvarez, with ridiculous ease, using only her 0.25 dimensional skills. Then she got pregnant and disappeared on maternity leave and now noone cares about WMMA anymore. That's how little people give a shit about it.
If WMMA wasn't trash, someone like Josette Aldo, supposedly the most skilled woman of all time, would not have been knocked out in seconds by this predictable womanlet in a manner that would make amateur boxers die of laughter.
Conclusion: WMMA, lol

They need more sex appeal to sell fights.

Gina Carano would've been a megastar under UFC.

Interest would increase tenfold if the fighters were bustier and more attractive and fought in skimpier outfits. Worked wonders for the WWF/E during the Attitude Era. It would hinder their attempts to become a legitimate sport, but it would definitely increase sales.

Either the women are too stubborn to listen to their coaches or their coaches are taking it wayyy too easy on them. I hardly ever see improvement in any area of a female fighter. What they fight like in their debut is what they fight like in their retirement fight.

Holly Holm:
Karate blitz into high kick. Naked high kick. Jump off back leg and push kick the knee. Bites down on mouthpiece and starts shouting as she attacks EVERY time.
Why hasn't her coach ever disciplined her in not doing a blitz as her only way of punching? Why does she still throw endless naked kicks? Why does a boxing champ not box?

Ronda:

PVZ:
Pointless bouncing followed by blitz. Sits wayyyy out of range until she engages. Then when she is in the pocket she throws body kicks for some reason. Has no striking defense. Under arm body lock followed by hip toss. Clinch and repeatedly try to throw knees to the head she can't reach.
Again why aren't her coaches breaking down her patterns. Why aren't they having her sit in the pocket with someone like Faber and learn how to dirty box without clinching. Maybe learn to to do a double or single leg takedown at somepoint in your PRO career
Shit on VanChamp again and you will be BanZant, bro.

Holly Holm:

Ronda:

PVZ:
Nunes, KK and JJ are pretty legit imo.

I agree that's not many of them, but it shows where WMMA can go.

You left out the #1 reason WMMA is trash,

Connie McGruber:
This girl has shit tier wrestling, shit tier BJJ, and only can only fight standing up against much smaller opponents. Also she gasses every 2 rounds and has a stupid stance with her chin pointing straight up yet noone can exploit it.
All she has is one punch, a left hand. All her fights are won by left hand punches. She isn't even 1 dimensional, she is 0.25 dimensional (.25 for all the limbs).
Despite all that she beat two of the greatest WMMA fighters of all time, Josette Aldo and Edwina Alvarez, with ridiculous ease, using only her 0.25 dimensional skills. Then she got pregnant and disappeared on maternity leave and now noone cares about WMMA anymore. That's how little people give a shit about it.
If WMMA wasn't trash, someone like Josette Aldo, supposedly the most skilled woman of all time, would not have been knocked out in seconds by this predictable womanlet in a manner that would make amateur boxers die of laughter.
Conclusion: WMMA, lol

l3ol6.gif

So translation....TS would get beat up by every single WMMA ist.

Agreed. However, it is obvious that there's a huge difference between skill level in WMMA and MMA. WMMA fans argue that the skill gap will be narrowed as WMMA grows. I tend to agree with this, but I think there is a limit to how much that shrinks. Men are significantly better athletes than women. I think we all know this.
Yes, men are significantly better "athletes" than women but I don't know if skill level should be considered the same as or limited by level of athleticism.

I probably don't need to elaborate further considering you must have seen one of my 1000 rants on "athleticism" being mistaken for skill even when comparing men to men and women to women such as people saying lighter men/women are more "skilled" than heavier men/women because they are faster and more agile lol. Or my favorite example, everyone at one point thought Miesha was less skilled than Holm but she isn't, she's just less "athletic".

Overrated "athleticism" (both as a component of skill and in general). :D

Last edited:
Agree 100% dont care. They stink up cards. Nobody watches wnba, womens boxing or anything else except womens soccer cause many girls play soccer.

Holly Holm:

Ronda:

PVZ:

It seems it's always really dumb angry people that shit on WMMA.

You are taking 3 girls that are over hyped due to their looks and criticizing them. Take these same 3 girls into any other MMA company and you'll be talking about how great they are because they'll never lose.

Go watch Paige Van Zant when she first stepped into an MMA gym and watch her now. She's gotten better as they've all gotten better but some are way over hyped.

Holly has garbage fight IQ but she still has very good footwork and striking skills. She is just coming from a sport that conditioned her to fight a certain way and she can't fight very well when she has to be the aggressive one. In boxing she had the reach and footwork to score and stay away but now you have girls smart to her tactics.

Ronda is just fueled by fame and ego now and won't change her habits so gets knocked out by legitimate strikers that they hid her from for years.

You are taking 3 girls that are over hyped due to their looks and criticizing them. Take these same 3 girls into any other MMA company and you'll be talking about how great they are because they'll never lose.
I'm not sure VanZant would never lose in another MMA company... Holm and Ronda probably yes unless Budd could beat Holm.

I kind of hate the term WMMA. It seems exclusionary and misogynistic. It made sense as a term when WMMA had different rules.

Back