Why is everyone acting so upset that Cirkunov is likely leaving the UFC?

Let me tell you... i didn't even know who he was until today.
I'm in the same boat as you. This guy is only popular because of his contract situation. I remember the same thing happening to Aljo and everyone said the UFC should pay him whatever he wanted. After signing a new contract Aljo has looked like crap and everyone who said to pay him big money is acting like it never happened.

By a legit prospect I think a fighter with championship level potential, and he is nowhere near that. If people cant see it already they are blind. Sure, if Jones, Rumble, DC and Gus all retire out of the way then he would have a decent chance, just like many others.

That's ridiculous. How many fighters in the UFC have legit championship potential? Maybe 20 to 30 out of 500 at most? Should we just cut everybody else then by your logic? UFC should never sign any prospect because 9@ out of 100 of them will never be champion, what's the point. We might as well scrap flyweight because none of them have legit chance at getting the belt as long as mighty mouse is there.

Yes, LHW is shallow but why are you acting like Cirkunov is some great prospect? He is 29 year old with 13-2 record and his best win is Nikita Krylov? And Krylov`s best win is Ed Herman? You dont even know how he would do against Latifi or Blachowicz level fighters. Calm down people.

He'd destroy Latifi and Blachowicz.

Does anyone here even know how much Cirkunov is demanding from UFC?
Because we are concerned about watching good fights you dumbass.

As customers we don't care much about how much UFC is willing to pay for a good fighter.

But you seem to be caring, why? Have a stake in UFC monies and interested to keep fighter pay low? What a shill!

Hopefully he goes to Bellator. I'm telling you Bellator will be better than the UFC in a couple years. The UFC does too many dumb things.

That's ridiculous. How many fighters in the UFC have legit championship potential? Maybe 20 to 30 out of 500 at most? Should we just cut everybody else then by your logic? UFC you should never saying prospect because nine out of 10 of them will never be champion what's the point right . We might as well scrap flyweight because none of them have legit chance at getting the belt as long as mighty mouse is there.

You misundesrstood. My point is people seem to be more upset about Cirkunov leaving than a lot of other fighters with similar skill level relative to the top of their divisions. People seem to believe Cirkunov would have a legit chance to become a contender or a champion in the future, while in reality he doesnt. The fact that people cant see that by watching his fights irritates me. He is not some young inexperienced prospect who is going to improve by leaps and bounds in the next couple of years. He does not have the skill set or even potential to not be a heavy underdog against the current top4-5 the division.

He is currently way overrated here, thats what I mean basically.

Because we are concerned about watching good fights you dumbass.

Me too, so why are we getting so upset over Cirkunov who doesnt even have a top15 win? Ok, I would be interested to see him fight Blachowicz or Latifi, for example. Those guys are good tests for him, but he can find similar competition in Bellator as well.

He'd destroy Latifi and Blachowicz.

Based on what? What exactly in his skill set make you believe that? Do you only think it must be true because he is 4-0, or do you actually pay attention when you watch him fighting?

But what makes you think he has "good potential"? I dont see anything special talent in him, he has only fought total cans. Yes, he has a potential to be a legit top10 fighter in a weak division, but thats about it. He will never be Jones, DC, Rumble or Gus level, that ship has already sailed. So why care so much about this certain "journeyman" fighter?
And you know this how? Can you see the future or are you just talking out of your ass?

People are mad because Cirkunov was the most promising prospect in a dead division, and he is now going elsewhere. Yes, he is unproven, but that's the whole fucking point of being a prospect. Look impressive against other guys, and then have a step up in competition.

He only had 4 fights in the UFC and came in as an unknown, of course he's not gonna be facing top 15 guys right out of the bat. Hell, Gus' best opponent in his first four fights was Davis, who was in a prospect status too - similar to Krylov's, but only with one fight - and Alex lost that fight, doesn't mean he didn't end up becoming a top guy. So yeah, Cirkunov could end up becoming that new contender that the LHW division desperately needs.

You misundesrstood. My point is people seem to be more upset about Cirkunov leaving than a lot of other fighters with similar skill level relative to the top of their divisions. People seem to believe Cirkunov would have a legit chance to become a contender or a champion in the future, while in reality he doesnt. The fact that people cant see that by watching his fights irritates me. He is not some young inexperienced prospect who is going to improve by leaps and bounds in the next couple of years. He does not have the skill set or even potential to not be a heavy underdog against the current top4-5 the division.

He is currently way overrated here, thats what I mean basically.

Who are these people you're talking about? Anybody who's fighting with an exciting style in a thin division who is on a win streak getting cut like this would make people just as upset.

And just because somebody isn't going to be champion doesn't mean they're not legit prospect.

In fairness - not only is UFC 205 thin but Bellator going to get Bader and him and rather soon.The thin just got more thin= not good.

Or a hardcore fan who can see when a fighter becomes overhyped. These people who think just because he is 4-0 in the UFC means he is legit future contender are the casual or ignorant ones.
Wait who have latifi and blachowicz beat that makes them so much better than misha? Youre a goof bruh

I mean he's the best LHW fighter that has been active in the past 6 months. Glover/rumble/ Cormier/ jones haven't fought since 202. Gustafson has 1 fight as well in recent memory. And Bader is the vanilla cone of the division. Soooo yea a 4-0 29 year old with grappling skills in that division who breaks jaws and is yolked is pretty exciting.

Losing the number 1 prospect in any division hurts, but espessially at light heavyweight.

Wait who have latifi and blachowicz beat that makes them so much better than misha? Youre a goof bruh

At least they have fought A LOT tougher competition. And Im not saying they are "so much better", I believe they are all around the same level.

Based on what? What exactly in his skill set make you believe that? Do you only think it must be true because he is 4-0, or do you actually pay attention when you watch him fighting?

His betting lines were like 1.12 against Nicholson. He was a huge favorite.
I'm not sure I've seen such odds since Jon Jones early days in the UFC.

True, but a fighter who doesnt even have a credible potential to be, is not. Learn the difference.

There's no difference to be learned, that's just your opinion. I can ask you to name me someone you consider a legit prospect and discredit him or her just the same. Let's see who is a prospect in the UFC in your eyes?

Back