Gane wins:
Volkov
Tuivasa
Lewis

Pavlovich wins:
Blaydes
Tuivasa
Lewis

Comparing their top three wins, Pav has beaten the best fighter in Blaydes. They both beat Tuivasa and Lewis, who were pretenders to the top 5, sloppy brawlers with KO power. Pav also beat them more easily. Blaydes and Volkov are good not great fighters with Blaydes being the better of the two.

Pav has the better win and one less loss in the last 2 years. He should be above Gane. Especially considering all the fights Gane has ducked. The UFC tends to favor certain guys and it's clear they have done so with Gane, even offering him yet another title shot.

Gane is way more popular. Pavlovich fans are nowhere to be seen since he had lost.

Pavlovic got beat in about 30 seconds
Gane only lasted about 30 seconds longer.

Getting instantly taken down and easily subbed is far more embarrassing than getting knocked out at heavyweight against a guy who has finished all his fights quickly. Even Derrick Lewis puts up more of a fight on the ground.

Also Gane lost to a fighter coming up from light heavyweight, it should have hurt his stock more.

back in the old days, gane was a force to be reckoned with but i don't even think he feels like he is anymore otherwise he wouldn't be ducking everyone under the sun.

I guess it's better to lose to the current undefeated UFC goat than a last minute replacement who lost their last fight by a bad injury. Also Pavlovich lost where he is strong at and Gane lost where he was weak.

Gane is ranked higher because he is getting the interim title shot against Aspinall.

Probably because Gane has since rebounded against Spivac while Pav hasn't yet.

Let's see how he does against Volkov, who Gane also already beat, before we say the ranking's off.

It’s just business for UFC. They don’t want someone like Gane anywhere near someone like Jailton Almeida, for instance. Keeping him so highly ranked also continues to legitimize Jones’ title fight win. Must be nice to get 3 title shots in 5 fights though. I’m sure they’d love to bury Pav while hoisting Gane up. I think they should have fought each other.

Last edited:
Pav should have been ranked above Gane since December 2022...

The UFC controls the rankings, and Gane represents a market the UFC is pushing.

Lol by beating Derrick Lewis. That belt was fake, they made it because Dana was mad Ngannou wanted a couple more months to prepare.
All interim belts are fake, even Spinal's one

Because Gane won an IC. And has losses to Ngannou, and Jones. Probably has a bigger fanbase. With mma being legal in France for only a few years. Even though they’re casual noobs. They even wanted to give him his 4th title fight. But apparently he’s got some acting gig that’s more important?

He is possibly the least committed mma fighter I’ve ever seen in the UFC. He wants to do everything except seriously train to be a well rounded fighter. And I’d be fine if he retired. Give him as many TS as the UFC want. Gane will NEVER be an undisputed UFC HW Champion.

Being from Russia isn’t a big selling point when you are not a Dagestani. So, he has no visible fanbase as such. You’d think knocking people out in the first round would be a good selling point. But if you don’t wrestle, or have a beard. Being from Russia means zip.

It’s the rankings game the UFC plays. I’m surprised people even talk about this shit anymore. If you haven’t figured why the UFC does what it does yet.. You never will.

It's because of Affirmative Action! I know, because Sean Strickland told me so👻

Back