Why is Usman Nurmagomedov not in the UFC ?

Like the original Nurmagomedov , Usman is also from Dagestan, dominating in the Belator atm , with 17-0 score , so why is Dana and co. not brining him into UFC ?

If I'm remembering right, Usman was actually supposed to fight for ONE Championship right around the time Chatri decided to make a deal with Ali Abdelaziz to let his fighters into ONE (I can't quite remember, but they made some announcement out of it).

Someone might remember a little better than me.

I'm not sure he was ever tapped to go to UFC.

Even with Bellator about to end, I still think there's a decent chance he might not come over to the UFC yet, not with Makachev as champ at LW.

Really wouldn't be a bad idea for him to go to PFL first, if there's a weight class for him. He can do that for 2 years and win 2 million, then come over and Islam can move up to WW or something.

No point him going to ONE. They don't have enough MMA talent for him to bother.

Islam was champ was major factor and Bellator paid him a lot of money

They decided to go the Bellator route because they already have Islam as the LW in the UFC and they thought he was better off developing in Bellator. He'll probably come over at some point.

This is basically what Khabib said. Since Usman is only 23, they wanted him gain experience in Bellator first before entering the UFC.

Islam has 2-3 more years left and after that Usman will be ready to cross over to the UFC. Should he remain undefeated and Bellator champion, he'll get the Michael Chandler treatment and skip the line for a immediate UFC LW title shot.

Even with Bellator about to end, I still think there's a decent chance he might not come over to the UFC yet, not with Makachev as champ at LW.

Really wouldn't be a bad idea for him to go to PFL first, if there's a weight class for him. He can do that for 2 years and win 2 million, then come over and Islam can move up to WW or something.

No point him going to ONE. They don't have enough MMA talent for him to bother.

PFL is a debatable option probably, they tend to be pretty careful and the PFL format of fighting 4 times in about 8 months puts a lot of wear on fighters.

Because human trafficking is frowned upon. The UFC can't snatch him from Bellator, he has to willingly come lol

Usman "The Real Fake News Man" Nurmagomedov

Because UFC already had a Marty AND a Nurmagomedov.

Time to move on.

A Normagomedov fighting 4x a year in a tournament format where he has absolutely no possibility to jump unfavorable match ups!?!?

Give me a break!

Last edited:
it’s like theyre spinning a wheel to come up with these names.

He is developing/record padding in Bellator and he is probably making good money there.

Primus will be an interesting fight even though Usman is a big favorite.
No it won't be.
Usman is so much better than anybody in Bellator.

Back