Why landing on the moon is proving more difficult today than 50 years ago?

This Bryce Mitchell thread is definitely heading to the War room.

This went about as expected. Both bc it was posted in the wrong sub, and bc it was a Sonny thread in the first place.

Yall will have to forgive him, he's a Dolphin's fan, and Siakim just got traded from Toronto, probably going through a tough time right now.

it's actually not difficult to go to the moon these days.

dana was planning it for ufc 249.

true story.

EAFCaL2.jpg

Per teh connection to this topic being in the heavies... I think they should get Dana to head up teh program & have teh first fight in space.

Strange the article says it's hard to land... do to no atmosphere to resist against a parachute, yet we supposedly got there 50 years ago. Since then we've enjoyed an age of hyper-technology advancement, and so they didn't really explain the lack of duplication, when they explained the failure to duplicate was under-funded. The continual robotic crashes bring it's validity into question & really does question whether or not it actually happened imo.

Last edited:
UFC 1000 will be held on the moon. Most fights will go to decision because of the different gravity on the surface. The HW division will be the 44 lbs division on the moon. Looking forward to it!

It's only more difficult because there isn't bottomless funding for it as there was in the 1960s.

To put things in perspective, the 1960's moon shot cost $26billion, which is 1/4 of the GDP in 1969

In todays dollars that would be like spending 5.75 TRILLION on this moonshot.

My guess would be poorly funded privatised missions not reaching the standard well funded NASA(or the Soviet Space Program) ones could.

I mean genuine NASA missions have successfully put multiple landers on Mars and even on Saturn's moon Titan in the not too distant past. Theres been the odd failure but most ambitious publicly funded missions have been sucessful were as private missions to the moon have a 100% failure rate.

Last edited:
Why the fuck would you ask anyone here this? This is an mma forum. Even posted on the right section like why the fuck would you care what anyone here says? There is literally ENDLESS information available to you to look at and get the answer. Nah, let's ask randos online cos that's always smart.
Rustled

Back