Why the 1 lb allowance for BMF fight?

The Athletic commission doesn’t recognize any bid as a championship fight.

But the UFC is free to give a belt to who they please.

ezgif-1-2872c003ec71.gif

we have officially reached the singularity

They allow .5lb over the limit? Maybe for fighters they like but they snatched Oliveira's belt as fast as they could even tho it was confirmed the fighter scale was wrong... Meanwhile I heard GSP missed weight and kept his belt, in Abu Dhabi Islam and Khabib didn't have to make weight. Then we have DC who grabbed the towel to make weight and kept his belt which is ridiculous.

I can't believe they made a baddest motherfucker belt
Well, with how many times Jon, Connor and other 'pioneers' have failed to defend their belts (much less fight at all) the UFC had to do something to keep the mouthbreathers watching still.

It makes sense.

BMF belt should be open weight, the baddest mother fucker wouldn't cut weight to only fight other dudes who are all cutting weight together in the sauna, they would fight any and all comers.

“Baddest Motherfucker in the Sauna Belt”

Make it happen

Well it's called The Baddest Motherfucker belt. Probably shouldn't think about it too much.
you aint a bad motha fka
if u can even make weight

it means that u dont even have discipline in the first place
you can just call it the circus show belt

if you disagree
then the real baddest motha fkas
should be the HW big boys

they could literally beat anyone in the whole ufc roster

you aint a bad motha fka
if u can even make weight

it means that u dont even have discipline in the first place
you can just call it the circus show belt

if you disagree
then the real baddest motha fkas
should be the HW big boys

they could literally beat anyone in the whole ufc roster

You could take 90% of the UFC heavyweights by dangling a piece of fried chicken in front of them

They allow .5lb over the limit? Maybe for fighters they like but they snatched Oliveira's belt as fast as they could even tho it was confirmed the fighter scale was wrong... Meanwhile I heard GSP missed weight and kept his belt, in Abu Dhabi Islam and Khabib didn't have to make weight. Then we have DC who grabbed the towel to make weight and kept his belt which is ridiculous.
When did Islam not make weight in Abu Dhabi?

I don’t agree with the UFC allowing a 1 lb tolerance in the first place.

This.

My son started wrestling last year and under USA wrestling, competitors age 5 and up have to make the weight they signed up for. They weigh in 0.1 lbs over, they don't wrestle.

They didn't wait for the scales to balance for him or Khabib. Not saying either of them were over the limit but a lot of people think they were.
The Khabib thing has been beaten to death but I’ve never heard of a controversy around Islam weighing in. Dan Hooker tried to accuse him of using an IV but he never provided that crucial little thing called evidence.

I'm more surprised that both Jiri and Rakic weighed in at 206. I figured they would want one of them as a back-up for the main event in case something happens to Hill.

Back