Social Why the Term Jedi Is Problematic for Describing Programs That Promote Justice, Equity,Diversity,,

GoldenWolf87

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Imagine to be this woke.
This article has lost points on reality... But they are obsessed with the "Wokeness"

While ignoring most of the stuff in SW had being built for World Building story wise... This article is absurd and its written by the scientificamerican..
Why the Term Jedi Is Problematic for Describing Programs That Promote Justice, Equity,Diversity and Inclusion.
Star Wars has a problematic cultural legacy. The Space opera franchisee has been critiqued for trafficking in injustices such as sexism, racism and ableism. Think, for example, of the so called "Slave Leia" costume, infamous for stripping down and chaining up the movie series"
first leading woman as part of an Orientalist subplot. Star Wars arguably conflates "Alienates" with nonewhitenesss" often seeming to rely on racist stereotypes when depicting nonhuman species.

The Jedi are inappropriate mascots for SJ. Although they're ostensibly heroes within the star wars universe, the jedi are inappropriate symbols for justice work. They are a religious order of a intergalactic police monks, prone to (white) savirorism and toxically masculine approaches to conflict resolution (violent duels with phallic lightsabers, gaslighting by means jedi meind tricks, etc.)

Imagine to be this woke and to proclaim that The Space opera franchisee SW had its success because of trafficking and "Salve Leia" and to prefer to call the Jedi white saviroris.

Imagine to be this woke.
This article has lost points on reality... But they are obsessed with the "Wokeness"

While ignoring most of the stuff in SW had being built for World Building story wise... This article is absurd and its written by the scientificamerican..
Why the Term Jedi Is Problematic for Describing Programs That Promote Justice, Equity,Diversity and Inclusion.

Imagine to be this woke and to proclaim that The Space opera franchisee SW had its success because of trafficking and "Salve Leia" and to prefer to call the Jedi white saviroris.
473.jpg

Blacks are treated poorly in Star Wars as I recall

So maybe they are onto something

This vetting of past society through a modern lens is a literal mental illness. It's another sign of an uninspired and stagnant society. Instead of creating, most people are resorting to auditing.....

Sad state of affairs.

Last edited:
When I was a PhD candidate, my male professors used to integrate similar shit into our seminars because, well, they felt obligated...it’s their job to show as many “valid” published opinions as they can muster in a weekly, three-hour seminar.

looking back as I get older, recalling their responses and deliveries, I realize they were just being polite. They knew all of this stuff was horseshit back then (8-10 yrs ago), just like it is now.

Last edited:
30 seconds Google uncovers that the lead author JW Hammond is doing a postdoc in nonsense, "his interests and influences include critical theory, education reform rhetoric, critical race theory, critical historiography, disability studies, and (new/digital) media studies."

This is basically what happens when you train professional activists. They go into the world and write nonsense; it's literally all they know how to do. If you're at the point of doing a postdoc on shit like this, you're deep down in the bog of nonsense - so long in your echo-chamber you probably have no clue what reality is anymore.

30 seconds Google uncovers that the lead author JW Hammond is doing a postdoc in nonsense, "his interests and influences include critical theory, education reform rhetoric, critical race theory, critical historiography, disability studies, and (new/digital) media studies."

This is basically what happens when you train professional activists. They go into the world and write nonsense; it's literally all they know how to do. If you're at the point of doing a postdoc on shit like this, you're deep down in the bog of nonsense - so long in your echo-chamber you probably have no clue what reality is anymore.

Can you believe that you're even describing real life like this? WTF happened mate? This is lunacy.

Imagine to be this woke.

I saw this article being mentioned on a blog a couple of days ago. Some wondered if it was a parody. The whole thing is daft, if the author is being serious.

---

Ok, now going off on a tangent...

After watching endless YT videos on Star Wars lore , I got to thinking that the Jedi aren't as great as everyone believes them to be. I have mentioned this before in Mayberry : it was pretty dam shitty of the Jedi to just abandon Anakin's mother when they took Anakin . Why didn't they free her from slavery ? And indoctrinating kids from a young age the way they do shouldn't be a good thing.

I care just enough to make this post and no more.

I saw this article being mentioned on a blog a couple of days ago. Some wondered if it was a parody. The whole thing is daft, if the author is being serious.

---

After watching endless YT videos on Star Wars lore , I got to thinking that the Jedi aren't as great as everyone believes them to be. I have mentioned this before in Mayberry : it was pretty dam shitty of the Jedi to just abandon Anakin's mother when they took Anakin . Why didn't they free her from slavery ? And indoctrinating kids from a young age the way they do shouldn't be a good thing.
Without spoiling everything here. Lets just say the Sith found a way to take the advantage of the Jedi. Where Jedi themselves have not seen it.

palpatine did nothing wrong. the jedi were the libtards of their day

Jedi wont even let you have sex.... which is anti human and every religion would have issue with

Jedi are cans. Boggles my mind such betas are so popular

For this to be written by the Scientific American.
<LikeReally5>
I know, thought maybe you dredged this up from some random hack site but I was a bit shocked to see it was SA.
This vetting of society through a modern lens is a literal mental illness. It's another sign of an uninspired and stagnant society. Instead of creating, most people are resorting to auditing.....

Sad state of affairs.
I'm okay with media criticism but this is just getting ridiculous. Its like there's a checklist and you can go judge any past work according to the check list and almost autogenerate a "critical" essay on it.

---

Imagine applying the values of 21st century liberalism to the fucking Jedi Order lmao.

If you're world building for a fantastical science fiction universe and your characters mirror your audience's values then you're a scrub.

Back