Why was Melvin Manhoef never in the UFC

Lombard? I don’t know about that. I’d think he gets kod round 1. If hen do can outstrike him pretty sure Melvin would have his way with him

Lombard? I don’t know about that. I’d think he gets kod round 1. If hen do can outstrike him pretty sure Melvin would have his way with him
Even a diminished version of Hendo is more durable than peak Manhoef tho, and he has his wrestling to fall back on when things get hairy.

He could have done great vs the right opponents, but it was never going to happen. Could even have been champ if he was matched up right. Rematch, catchweight vs Robbie would be fun.

1. He was a big star in kickboxing, and the UFC would force him to stop doing that.
2. USADA.
3. The UFC fans mostly look at Wiki on wins and losses, so Manhoef doesnt have the right profile for the UFC.

people vastly underestimate the number of fights Melvin had in combat sports before he gained the attention of a NA viewer,

dude would fight HW kickboxers even though he belongs in 185 division

still has shown to have pretty much the most brutal clinch knees ever, leg kicks with such perfect technique that you know he's not fucking around

but yeah, Manhoef was neither blessed with a strong chin or strong cardio, fuckin way she goes

people vastly underestimate the number of fights Melvin had in combat sports before he gained the attention of a NA viewer,

dude would fight HW kickboxers even though he belongs in 185 division

still has shown to have pretty much the most brutal clinch knees ever, leg kicks with such perfect technique that you know he's not fucking around

but yeah, Manhoef was neither blessed with a strong chin or strong cardio, fuckin way she goes
y7gnhjyq37q31.jpg

If he fought Israel today it would be an epic R1 scrap... if somehow Izzy survived the first round he’d probably get the W but that’s a big IF. Guy has truly world class striking he has put down monsterous Heavyweights.

He kind of reminded me of A Striker Version of Kevin Randleman in his athleticism and in his skill being focussed on one thing.

If you could combine the wrestling of Randleman with Manhoef's explosive kicks and punches that would be an unstoppable fighter right there.

He could have done great vs the right opponents, but it was never going to happen. Could even have been champ if he was matched up right. Rematch, catchweight vs Robbie would be fun.

1. He was a big star in kickboxing, and the UFC would force him to stop doing that.

Yeah, I was also thinking that his schedule of MMA and Kickboxing bouts being intertwined like that, sounds a bit like Fedor and his passion for Sambo combat.
One of the reasons he gave for not signing with the UFC was that he could not keep on competiting every year in the sambo world championship...
Manhoef would have been screwed, since the Netherlands have a big kickboxing scene and he's a star there. But they also don't have a lot of elite BJJ black belts, which explains his bad sub defense.

In the UFC, I think he would have done like he did outside. Several highlight worthy first round KOs, but also several submission losses and a couple brutal KO's, and would be released after too many...
I really liked Manhoef back in the days, well the Saku fight broke my heart but aside from that dude was brutal.

One of the very rare non-heavyweight who has that "can KO you at any time" factor. Plus, his cool shorts would look awesome from the top view during his hooks and kicks...
He had such a mean hook à la Deontay Wilder, I wish he could have gotten 2 or 3 fights in the UFC at least.

He wasnt a very complete MMA fighter but fuck, the guy probably hit harder than most HWs. So much torque and snap in his shots. Scary, scary dude.

Manhoef was a MW and the first person to KO the invincible HW Hunt chin that ate Cro Cop high kicks like popcorn in both kickboxing and MMA.

Could you even imagine a modern MW in the UFC putting modern 200 year old dinosaur Hunt's lights out with punches?

That alone is amazing no matter how you skew it.

Wrong fight outcomes at the wrong time. He definitely should have been in the UFC but the stars didn't align. If he hadn't of been KOd by Lawler he probably would have been in there.

This. He was dominating that fight.

Then.......boom.

Back