Why Was Tecia Pennington Removed From the UFC Rankings?

Siver!

Spinning Back Kick Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tecia Pennington had a baby.

She therefore didn't compete for 2 years, 2 months, but stated she was ranked #10.

This Tweet was dated September 2023, about 17 months after her fight with Mackenzie Dern. She would spend another 9 months out before fighting again.

But in no world is this massively 'inactive' for the UFC, so why was she removed?

Stipe Miocic hasn't fought since March 2021, that's 3 years, 2 months ago, yet is still ranked.

What's going on here? It's not the length of time the fighter is out, so what is it?

she took Rocky’s last name? Is this some lesbian culture thing where the manlier one keeps their own name? I had no idea that was her when I saw the card on paper. I didn’t put 2 and 2 together

she took Rocky’s last name? Is this some lesbian culture thing where the manlier one keeps their own name? I had no idea that was her when I saw the card on paper. I didn’t put 2 and 2 together
And counting to 4 was, itself, presumably already a struggle for you.

Tecia Pennington had a baby.

She therefore didn't compete for 2 years, 2 months, but stated she was ranked #10.

This Tweet was dated September 2023, about 17 months after her fight with Mackenzie Dern. She would spend another 9 months out before fighting again.

But in no world is this massively 'inactive' for the UFC, so why was she removed?

Stipe Miocic hasn't fought since March 2021, that's 3 years, 2 months ago, yet is still ranked.

What's going on here? It's not the length of time the fighter is out, so what is it?

Women's rankings seem to play by entirely different rules to men's ranking. Shit never makes sense

The whole pulling from rankings thing is inconsistent bs. Zabit was thrown out before Yair even though the latter stayed inactive longer, pulled out of their respective fights all of 2020 and had just been announced suspended by USADA.

Its UFC politics. Remember Leon was out for a minute cause they were mad he initially refused to fight Chimaev? Countless examples. Who can forget Conor and Nate being ranked for ages without so much as a fight announcement, let alone a fight.

And counting to 4 was, itself, presumably already a struggle for you.
Super random?? Was someone mean to you today bro? Other guy’s response before you held the true answer to which I was seeking though. Thank you for trying

They take you out if you're pregnant for some reason. Did the same with GDR and Carla. I guess because it's a guarantee they won't fight for a while. When they come back they put them straight back with opponents right about where they were ranked previously anyway so I'm not sure what the point is really

She is 3-6 since 2018.
To be fair, until the last two those losses were to the women EVERYONE was losing to - Andrade (who was in the middle of a 7-1 run), Joanna (fresh off losing to Rose twice and otherwise undefeated), Zhang (in the middle of a 21-fight win streak), and Rodriguez (11-0-1 at the time). That still put her in the top five, and she was active until her pregnancy.

They take you out if you're pregnant for some reason. Did the same with GDR and Carla. I guess because it's a guarantee they won't fight for a while. When they come back they put them straight back with opponents right about where they were ranked previously anyway so I'm not sure what the point is really
Probably because you can't book a fight with them. And if you can't be booked for a fight, your ranking is irrelevant.

What's weird to me is that De Randamie is old, a famous fighter and super masculine with a younger, hot blonde wife/girlfriend. But De Randamie had the baby.

Lesbians don't make sense.

Super random?? Was someone mean to you today bro? Other guy’s response before you held the true answer to which I was seeking though. Thank you for trying
He's kind of a liberal warrior you know? A dick to everyone

Back