Widespread riots after Death of George Floyd V.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's tempting but don't feed into the race war

Honestly, part of me believes all of this is all by design...

To drive a wedge between the American people. I know shortly after this there is going to be a new surge in white nationalist groups...

And more rhetoric about how we are different from one another

Even if it were at least it’s not being taken over by retards wrecking shops and burning businesses of people of the ethnicity they are “protesting” for.

Oh I bet you're severely underestimating the numbers of the same idiots within your own country.

All they need is an excuse to raise hell, for organizers to strategically place the chaos, to overwhelm law enforcement, and local politicians to not do their damn jobs.

Wouldn't be surprised if it happened in the past.

Doesn't matter. To secure the street, the police needed people to go inside. You guys are acting like they is just some good ol fashion tyranny, when in fact it is an extraordinary circumstance because of the ongoing riot. If people aren't burning and looting the city, you are allowed to stand on your porch.

The police have gotten out of control which has sparked this entire thing. Them being aggressive and violent with people who are not threats is the whole problem here. Shooting at people on their porches is not acceptable plain and simple.

*It doesn't matter that it was paintballs

Man, this shit show re-affirms that my personal life choices were pretty good. Thank you Mom and Dad for caring about me and investing time and effort in my upbringing.

So many people that should be locked up like animals. Its just sickening

The police have gotten out of control which has sparked this entire thing. Them being aggressive and violent with people who are not threats is the whole problem here. Shooting at people on their porches is not acceptable plain and simple.

The police weren't shooting paintballs at people on their porch outside of these riots.

Yes they do. Police issue orders in emergencies situations all the time. They did this same stuff during the Boston bombings. Even worse, there were warrantless searches across the city.

Do you think the police should have been conducting warrantless searches?

Even then the curfew in place never gave those orders.

Or should the police just be able to do whatever they feel like it whenever they want?

Man you guys will defend anything on here. It's incredible.

Police should use their judgement about the safety of others during an emergency, yes. Imagine if their was active shooter running down the street. Would you still be angry the cops told you that you had stay inside till they found him or cleared the area?

There were no rules against standing on your porch before the riot arrived, and you will be able to stand on it again as soon as the riot is over. For now, if rioters are near you and police ask you to move, please do so. I've been wearing a mask for you for 3 months and staying at home. You can get out of the cops way for a few days for me.

The police weren't shooting paintballs at people on their porch outside of these riots.

Doesn't matter. Its part of the problem.

Also, the police have shot real bullets at people inside their homes outside of these riots. Did you forget about this?

00bb9575-a97a-493d-8222-ff3336635dcc_750x422.jpg

Doesn't matter. Its part of the problem.

Also, the police have shot real bullets at people inside their homes outside of these riots. Did you forget about this?

00bb9575-a97a-493d-8222-ff3336635dcc_750x422.jpg

That would be a good example of police overreach. Go with that one instead.

Oh my bad. Let’s just google riot and see which country pops up first.
Jesus Christ why is this so difficult? Everyone is acutely aware of what’s going on in the US, but when someone posts a video of something that happened in Brazil and your response is “America is a shithole country” it shows two things - 1) the person posting the video is either being deliberately misleading and provocative or didn’t do his homework, and 2) lazy people like yourself eat it up without fact checking which is just adding fuel to the fire.

The streets have nothing to do with people on their porch. There is no law than mandated that they had to be inside their homes.
The police were ordering everyone to get back inside their homes in effort to secure the street. Seems like a good tactic instead of risking getting shot in the back of the head or ambushed by someone who had , moments earlier, been standing on their porch.
While I have no desire to live in a totalitarian society, I find it best to comply with police instruction.

I believe that was the National Guard not the police

Is five o doing anything btw?

Riot shields formations water cannons anything?

Other conservatives here, how do you think Trump has handled the situation?

Personally, I think he has done an abysmal job. Half of his comments are incidenary, and other half are just blaming local Dems. The latter would be fine after the riots, but we don't need shitflinging in the middle of the thing. Its making the Dems not want to lean on federal assistance since Trump will just claim he is cleaning up their mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back