Wilder lost because of his Eardrum bursting

One judge gave wilder the 2nd round. The other two gave it to fury. Wilder landed a good shot but fury landed more, was on the front foot and controlled the pace. He won the 2nd round.

Excuses, lol, you must be black.
Probably just American and posting from his parents' basement, with yesterday's dishes still sitting beside his computer screen, a big star-spangled banner on his wall, and a MAGA hat next to the toys on his bookshelf.

When Fury got knocked down he got back up and fought.

When Wilder got knocked down he clinched, ran, and did the chicken dance.

That's the difference between an Irish chin and a basketball chin.

And Wilder only won 38 of his fights because his opponents suddenly lost consciousness. See how stupid that sounds without crediting the punch?

And Wilder only won 38 of his fights because his opponents lost consciousness. See how stupid that sounds?

You are being simple. In boxing, a burst eardrum is a freak/rare injury. A knockout isn't.

That is the reason a 3rd fight is still compelling. If Fury just outboxed Wilder to a points victory or even knocked him out, I'd probably have no interest in seeing them run this back again. It would feel decisive for Fury that Wilder probably couldn't beat him. But a freak injury changed the outcome of the fight, so I think there's still a reason to believe a 3rd fight could go either way.

It’s the first time someone really went after Wilder and he didn’t know what to do.

He’s used to people staying the fuck out his way.
Nah, people have gone after him before and some had even had a little bit of success before getting KTFO, but this is the first time someone world class has gone after him.

If Wilder's eardrum was actually busted, then that explains a lot. Wilder clearly won the 2nd round, but slowed a little bit in the 3rd even before the knockdown. After the knockdown in the 3rd, Wilder never recovered his stamina and I just assumed that it was a combination of his extra muscle and Fury leaning on him so much, but if his eardrum was ruptured, then that could explain why he looked so out of it. With that being said, that's part of the fight game and doesn't take away from Fury's win tonight at all.

Good performance by Fury, but the fight was effectively over in the 3rd round, when Fury burst Wilder's eardrum. Wilder was bleeding out from it the rest of the fight and you could tell his equilibrium was fucked. It"s one of the worst injuries you can get....people need to understand why the stoppage was neccesary (even though the stoppage looked bad without this context, his corner knew about the eardrum). It should have been stopped earlier when they saw the amount of bleeding from his ear, and how he was looking like Bambi on ice in the ring.

Brave performance by Wilder to fight 4 more rounds with no equilibrium. Fury may have ended up winning regardless, but the burst eardrum decided the fight. Still sets up a compelling 3rd fight trilogy.
"May have ended up winning"?

Lmfao. The a level athlete got apollo creeded. Lucky he didn't die in the ring thanks to his corner.

His team just said that it was a small cut in his ear and not a blown ear drum .. so there goes that excuse lol

His team just said that it was a small cut in his ear and not a blown ear drum .. so there goes that excuse lol

So his team managed to perform a full MRI scan on Wilder and get the results out in record time? lol!

It doesn't work like that unfortunately. Let the man gets his hospital scans first.

Meh, he lost because he got smacked around. Its like people saying Vitali only lost to Lewis because of the cuts.

19 rounds...and Wilder still hasn't taken a round through boxing, LOL. He's a level below, accept it.

You are being simple. In boxing, a burst eardrum is a freak/rare injury. A knockout isn't.

That is the reason a 3rd fight is still compelling. If Fury just outboxed Wilder to a points victory or even knocked him out, I'd probably have no interest in seeing them run this back again. It would feel decisive for Fury that Wilder probably couldn't beat him. But a freak injury changed the outcome of the fight, so I think there's still a reason to believe a 3rd fight could go either way.

Calling it a "freak" injury is a bit over the top... I only competed in boxing over a 4-5 year period but I burst both ear drums during that time period and have seen it regularly enough in others.

One of his coaches said in the post fight he has a little cut inside his ear, gonna need stitches. Nothing about his eardrum bursting

His coaches are not doctors. We won't know how bad his ear was fucked till he's had MRI scans.

Good performance by Fury, but the fight was effectively over in the 3rd round, when Fury burst Wilder's eardrum. Wilder was bleeding out from it the rest of the fight and you could tell his equilibrium was fucked. It"s one of the worst injuries you can get....people need to understand why the stoppage was neccesary (even though the stoppage looked bad without this context, his corner knew about the eardrum). It should have been stopped earlier when they saw the amount of bleeding from his ear, and how he was looking like Bambi on ice in the ring.

Brave performance by Wilder to fight 4 more rounds with no equilibrium. Fury may have ended up winning regardless, but the burst eardrum decided the fight. Still sets up a compelling 3rd fight trilogy.

I’d wait until he goes to the hospital before diagnosing a ruptured ear drum. You don’t know that.

Yeah, a massive punch did it. Therefore, Fury wins. Seems like a good way to win fight.

I’d wait until he goes to the hospital before diagnosing a ruptured ear drum. You don’t know that.

It was the most obvious conclusion that pretty much everyone came to, with the amount of times he lost balance and slipped after getting hit in the ear and bleeding out from it.

His coaches are not doctors. We won't know how bad his ear was fucked till he's had MRI scans.

Lmao these two posts couldn't be more perfectly placed. Complete lack of self awareness

Back