Will Conor be another Luke Rockhold? Any other examples?

Tbf Dustin is inferior to peak Conor, no shame in that, he is still very good. Interim champ vs champ champ, I don't think thats controversial opinion lol.
Bit controversial imo, Conor is out of his prime? He ain’t peak Conor at 32? I’d say they’re at their primes now, and Conor lost. It’s his fault if he partied too much or whatever excuse may be used.

The way he folds and quits when things aren't good reminds me of Sonnen.

Bit controversial imo, Conor is out of his prime? He ain’t peak Conor at 32? I’d say they’re at their primes now, and Conor lost. It’s his fault if he partied too much or whatever excuse may be used.

By peak I don't necessarily mean physical prime, his sharpness is not quite what it was. UFC 205 was Conor's peak, I don't think today's Dustin beats that Conor.
He has fought 2 times in mma since 2016 (one of those only being 40 seconds ring time). You don't think inactivity is a factor?

By peak I don't necessarily mean physical prime, his sharpness is not quite what it was. UFC 205 was Conor's peak, I don't think today's Dustin beats that Conor.
He has fought 2 times in mma since 2016 (one of those only being 40 seconds ring time). You don't think inactivity is a factor?
Inactivity is a factor but that’s on him. He’s in his prime in athletic years, hasn’t taken much damage. If you want to claim his peak is not in his athletic prime then that’s his fault for throwing away his career in his ‘peak’. I’d say all mouth no trousers, when he fought top contenders he realised he’s not on that level anymore. He convinced people like you he was, he never really was and isn’t now.

Inactivity is a factor but that’s on him. He’s in his prime in athletic years, hasn’t taken much damage. If you want to claim his peak is not in his athletic prime then that’s his fault for throwing away his career in his ‘peak’. I’d say all mouth no trousers, when he fought top contenders he realised he’s not on that level anymore. He convinced people like you he was, he never really was and isn’t now.
Sure his inactivity is on him, not claiming otherwise but his peak was higher than Dustins and I don't think that's controversial in the slightest.
That performance against Eddie was one of the most flawless performances of all time so its a bit silly to say he never really was at the top level.

Sure his inactivity is on him, not claiming otherwise but his peak was higher than Dustins and I don't think that's controversial in the slightest.
That performance against Eddie was one of the most flawless performances of all time so its a bit silly to say he never really was at the top level.
I disagree in peak being higher but that’s obviously a matter of opinion. I think Conor was very protected by the UFC since Aldo, and if he fought regularly against top competition like Dustin he’d have a worse record.

And fair point, he was at the top level at some point. If I said that I’ll take your word for it, no need to say look here :) I’ll take that back. Top level yes, goat and all that nonsense that his fans say hell fucking no. Not accusing you mate, you’re not making any wild claims.

The way he folds and quits when things aren't good reminds me of Sonnen.

yeah but Conor is actually talented and amazing fighter. Sonnen on the other hand is a journeyman who can run his mouth as well as anyone.

Rockhold never ducked a fade. He took his fades. Romero, jan etc. Defended his belts. Rockhold is arrogant, which is a weakness plus has a bad chin. But his skillset and its advantages shit on what conor had to offer his competition. Also consider conor's garbage cardio. Rockhold had good cardio. So consider that. They're not really that comparable. To he honest. I can see some parallels but not really.

I dont think Fedro over looked Maldonado. I dont think he really wanted to fight.

A super talented fighter who was ruined by arrogance and never been the same since being KOed by much inferior opponent(by Bisping for Luke)?
Been almost a week and you're still buthurt LMAO

Conor lost to a superior fighter, get over it you child.

Id say no. Luke skills overall made him way better than Conor.

Tbf Dustin is inferior to peak Conor, no shame in that, he is still very good. Interim champ vs champ champ, I don't think thats controversial opinion lol.
No he is not, Peak Conor's is still extremely vulnerable against leg kicks and fatigue from grappling.

If you're referring to 2016 Conor as peak Conor, sure he whupped his best stylistic matchup in Eddie (shorter chinny technical brawler with less reach and no gameplan), but he also got finished in under 2 rounds by short notice Diaz, and then barely won the decision in the rematch. A rematch where he shamefully ran away like a pussy multiple times throughout multiple rounds. When he faced adversity that year he would either panic takedown/give up, or run away shamefully.

The best Conor is probably 2018 Conor because he is willing to cheat his ass off to win, as seen against Khabib.

Dustin using MMA > Conor using MMA> Conor just Striking > Dustin just striking

Back