Will Dominick Reyes rebound at UFC 281?

Would be sad.
Spann is a low level fighter.

He went to a split decision with Sam Alvey.

I think he beats Spann.

Dude fought nothing but killers in his losing skid. This is a big step down in competition.

That’s fine, it just means you have a definition of can that is far different from 9/10 people.

Can (tomato can) has always meant, to most people, a complete pushover who would get completely steamrolled by a decent foe. If to you “can” means anyone who isn’t a top contender…..so be it, you’ll just end up wasting a lot of time explaining yourself to confused posters.
no i think teh description you just gave is what im describing. he will get steam rolled by any decent foe, any crappy foe he'll have trouble with. even when he gets an easy as hell fight he isn't impressive.

Example: can't finish sam alvey, but gets destroyed by anthony smith

100% will rebound (off the canvas)

no i think teh description you just gave is what im describing. he will get steam rolled by any decent foe, any crappy foe he'll have trouble with. even when he gets an easy as hell fight he isn't impressive.

Example: can't finish sam alvey, but gets destroyed by anthony smith

Again, you just have a broader definition of what a can is. Good fighters get finished quickly sometimes. Islam finished Charles fairly quickly. Charles finished Justin quickly. Justin finished Barboza quickly. Barboza finished Dariush fairly quickly. Nobody that I just named is a can (to most people).

It doesn’t really matter, words are just tools we use to express our thoughts. When you say “can” you’re just expressing a different thought than the rest of us.

Again, you just have a broader definition of what a can is. Good fighters get finished quickly sometimes. Islam finished Charles fairly quickly. Charles finished Justin quickly. Justin finished Barboza quickly. Barboza finished Dariush fairly quickly. Nobody that I just named is a can (to most people).

It doesn’t really matter, words are just tools we use to express our thoughts. When you say “can” you’re just expressing a different thought than the rest of us.
If it makes you feel any better i did call him a super can, which is still much better than your average can.

The dude beat two former champs in Jon Jones and Chris Weidman.

I'd feel less bad about this if Spann didn't miss weight. Dude's been knocked out by glass cannon Walker, who knows how he'd have held up if he had to grind out that last half pound. Oh well, Dom agreed to it.

I'd feel less bad about this if Spann didn't miss weight. Dude's been knocked out by glass cannon Walker, who knows how he'd have held up if he had to grind out that last half pound. Oh well, Dom agreed to it.
Spann was on queer street every time Anthony Smith hit him as well.

I felt this fight was a game of whoever got touched on the chin first would lose, Dom just really has no boxing defense.

He just throws naked, undisguised body kicks while in punching range. He was getting tagged and wobbled over and over against Spann from doing that and just never learned from it.

i think supposedly spann left his room early to weigh in and then take the 1 hour grace period to get the rest off (half pound), but he didn't know NY is like the only state you don't get an hour so he went down there and was stuck and wasted the time he had

Spann was on queer street every time Anthony Smith hit him as well.

I felt this fight was a game of whoever got touched on the chin first would lose, Dom just really has no boxing defense.

He just throws naked, undisguised body kicks while in punching range. He was getting tagged and wobbled over and over against Spann from doing that and just never learned from it.

he used to have somewhat of some defense. he got a lot of guys with pull counters before, like how he KO'd OSP. but yea, he's not very defensively sound. against Spann he couldn't see any of the punches.

He's fighting Ryan Spann on the prelims I think.
Hasn't fought in a year and a half and is coming of a 3 fight skid. 2 of those loses were vicious knockouts.

Do you think he's done or perhaps he has another run in him?
After all, he has only lost to former/current champions and supposedly beat the goat Jones not that long ago.
The real question is, "will he rebound from the Jones fight?"

The answer is no.

i think supposedly spann left his room early to weigh in and then take the 1 hour grace period to get the rest off (half pound), but he didn't know NY is like the only state you don't get an hour so he went down there and was stuck and wasted the time he had
That could all be true but 1) you shouldn't have to game the system to make weight for a full camp fight and 2) if you're gonna do that anyway, actually do some planning and research.

Dom is obviously too chinny for that division now but I absolutely hate seeing dudes miss weight and get a brutal finish. You just can't help but ask what if they had to actually do their job and work to make their contracted weight.

Back