Will Dustin Poirier retire if he loses to BSD this weekend?

Will Dustin Poirier retire if he loses to BSD?

• Total voters
There’s too much money to be made. He’s one of the highest paid fighters on the roster. I can see him having two more after BSD, win or lose.

He could have another fight maybe August, or September. And one more fight in late 2024. Or early 2025.

That’s my guess.

Probably. But he isn't losing this fight. BSD has looked great...against non-ranked guys. Poirier has been living in the top 5 for years. He's lost some, sure, but he's also beaten the best in the division. Poirier still has that punching power and solid TDD. He's going to put BSD in his place (for now).

Poirier had a great gas tank in his career. 35 now, but still above average.
- He wanted 5 rounds, he likes to break his opponents down.
BSD has shown weakness in his gas tank and cuts a massive amount of weight.

Nah he’s on a fat contract I reckon. Will probably fight Nate later this year.

Depends on his hot sauce business probably

Don't think so and I would hope not. He's got a few more good fights left in him.

I’d hate to see him go out that way, but it’s a rough game they play. I’d like to see him go out w a high-profile send off fight like Gaethje 3 or something whenever he decides to call it a day. Someone will def be cutting onions around me on that final day lol, especially cus at this point it seems he won’t get the undisputed belt and fulfill the ‘a promise kept’ thing

I hope he does. UFC gonna milk dustin being a top 10 or top 5 fighter for a while. If Dustin loses, they let him get a cupcake win to keep him in the top 10 and then let someone else milk him, and repeat.

Updated main post with a clip from an interview Poirier did with ESPN MMA today

I voted no

But I wouldn't be surprised if he unretired shortly after

Quickly looking at his recent record....wtf is the hype?

A co main event is 5 rounds?

Yup, and it's becoming a thing, we just saw Yair vs Ortega scheduled for 5 rounds in a non-title co-main.

Plausible. He has mentioned it before.

I guess he won't...
1709962253-bsd-oreille.png

Back