Will Islam ever lose a fight again?

Volk only has a few TKOs in the UFC and hurt him a few times, being a non ripped 145er. He wanted to keep 145 open and didn't bulk up all the way.
-> Islam is chinny Khabib
He will get clipped at the top, depending on how many fights he will still have.

Khabib, Islam and Umar have won 23 consecutive UFC fights. Just pure dominance, I don’t know how you beat any of those guys at their peak.

Hell yes, very soon probably. Are you high? If this fight proves anything, it is the lack of invincibility of Islam. What was the weight difference on fight night? 20-30 pounds?

I see darkness in Islam's future at his own weight class. They will come for Islam.

Hell yes, very soon probably. Are you high? If this fight proves anything, it is the lack of invincibility of Islam. What was the weight difference on fight night? 20-30 pounds?

I see darkness in Islam's future at his own weight class. They will come for Islam.

volk stated he planned to come in at 172 lbs.

khabib was fighting at 176 vs poirier.

there was maybe a 5 pound weight difference between islam and volk.

volk stated he planned to come in at 172 lbs.

khabib was fighting at 176 vs poirier.

there was maybe a 5 pound weight difference between islam and volk.

Actually, volk said 78kg AT MOST.

But yes, if we assume that islam is the same size as khabib, which is a weird assumption, then yes, islam was only like 6 pounds heavier. Since they're so close in size, islam should drop to FW and challenge volk there.

I think Volk aside Beneil, Arman, Gamrot and Charles (if he uses his brain) are always dangerous matchups for him.

Probably 5-10 pounds, if that. Islam looked frail compared to Volk and his tree trunk legs.

Absolutely. The game will continue to develop in ways that will mitigate much of what he does, in the wrestling department. Not a knock on him at all. The game keeps on going though.

It depends on how long he keeps fighting and if he retires early like khabib.
He'll still have more losses than Khabib even if he retires now, more close fights, more fights where he got rocked, dropped or finished.

…only being challenged in recent years by #1 p4p Volk(who had a bunch of advantages)…
volk had the advantage of being a better fighter with greater heart, but he was disadvantaged in just about every other way.

yes
volk went life and death with max holloway, he's not as great as people make him out to be

Absolutely, IMO Islam's stock went down after his last fight. His chin looks weaker than I thought it was and his wrestling and sub grappling don't look as good as I thought either.

Back