Will Petr Yan be in the title picture in the end of 2019?

AimedWithV

Double Yellow Card
@Silver
Reaction score
I think so.
Andrade is not an easy nut to crack at BW.

Honestly, he impessses me more than Magomedsharipov, if we compare prospects from different divisions.
Even back from ACB, where BW division is their strongest and quite underrated.

I'd like to see him vs Pedro Muhnoz next.

What says you?

He impressed the shit outta me. I wouldn't be surprised if he moves up the ranks quickly.

Hopefully. He's awesome. Made a fan out of me in the Jin Soo Son fight.

He's been very impressive so far.

Anxious to see him against a top 10 opponent.

He seems to be the total package right now. Sky is the limit.

Hopefully top 5 by the end of 2019

Yes he Yan.

Impressive performance. DSilva looked like he was pulsing.

Probably beats Cejudo for the title by end of 2019.

He absolutely merk'd Andrade last night. I thought it was going to be a fairly even fight tbh, but he made Andrade look amateurish in there.

He can fly, but he has to watch out for the Hook.

Haha, I see what you did there.
Actually even his face looks a bit peter-pan-ish:
yanboiii.jpg

Peter Yan vs Walt Harris openweight bout would be simply amazing

It's not even up to him he'd have to get the right matchups at this point he'll probably need 3 wins to get a shot, 2 if he wins a fight as a massive underdog.

Peter Yan vs Walt Harris openweight bout would be simply amazing

If someone is too slow to properly strike Arlovski, then Yan will walk out of the cage untouched.

It's not even up to him he'd have to get the right matchups at this point he'll probably need 3 wins to get a shot, 2 if he wins a fight as a massive underdog.

I'm not even sure who is the "wrong" matchup for him at this point - he's very well-rounded.

he's a cold killer. i'd love to see him thrive, but again there's ground shit he's gonna have to deal with that i highly doubt he's ready for.

I think so. I hope he gets the Lineker fight that he's been calling out.

he's a cold killer. i'd love to see him thrive, but again there's ground shit he's gonna have to deal with that i highly doubt he's ready for.

I haven't seen anything to suggest that his grappling is a weakness. Actually, his wrestling seems really good.

I haven't seen anything to suggest that his grappling is a weakness. Actually, his wrestling seems really good.
He gave up some TDs against Son, but did a good job getting back up. His biggest grappling test so far has obviously been Magomedov, and he was able to neutralise his grappling pretty effectively in the rematch. I could see guys like TJ and Assuncao giving him some trouble if they decided to wrestle him, but there's not that many guys who even try to grapple at the top of BW. I guess Sterling fits the bill, but he's booked against Rivera.

Maybe at the end of 2019. Defeating Lineker would make him a contender.

Back