Will Rumble's Success Convince More Fighters To Cut Less Weight in the Future?

nanika

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
hes provided valid proof that cutting extreme amounts of weight reduces your punching power and chin. cerrone moved up a weight class, obviously conor is trying to cut less weight.

could this be the beginning of a new trend among fighters to fight closer to their natural weights?

No, because nobody else hits like Rumble.

Rumble still cuts a decent amount of weight though.

hes provided valid proof that cutting extreme amounts of weight reduces your punching power and chin. cerrone moved up a weight class, obviously conor is trying to cut less weight.

could this be the beginning of a new trend among fighters to fight closer to their natural weights?
Rumble is somewhat of an extreme case.

I don't know rumble is the best example. he was forced to, which makes me wonder about his confidence level to want to fight guys that much smaller. I think rumble is somewhat a mental case in there. to me the diaz bros, Edgar and Conor are better examples

I'd say Whittaker is a better example
Rumble has awful power in his strikes

Aye, heez da xcepshun not da rule.

Fighterz r obsezzed wif cuttin ain't nuffin gon change dat

I know but they are people that hit like rumble.
While I Believe his power would translate to HW I believe he would not as vicious a punch as he is at LHW
It's arguable. We've already seen him at HW after all. Sure he didn't KO Arlovski, but he did break his jaw.

rumble probably cuts almost the same amount as before look at ww pics of him and recent pics of him hes easily packed on 20-25 lbs of lean muscle. its not like he moved up and stayed the same lol

917177_604730189644574_1493571054_n.jpg

Rumble is somewhat of an extreme case.

This ^^^.

I don't get why so many sherdoggers forget that Rumble missed weight a number of times and was waaaaay bigger than everyone he ever fought at WW. Even when he did make weight he was half way dead the day before the fight.

I think less weight cutting and more weight classes will equal to much more exciting fights in general.

I think Nate vs Conor is a great example.

Back