Will Topuria be bigger than Mcgregor?

Not a chance, imo.
Prime, hungry, fw Conor was just a different beast in and outside of the cage. While Topuria is an excellent fighter, he lacks the charisma that prime Conor had.

The guy is the total package. Undefeated, knock out artist, FW Champion, marketable.

The way he defeated Volk is reminiscent of how Conor took out Aldo.

Is there anything stopping this man from becoming the most popular combat sports star in the world?

He is not good at trash talk

The guy is the total package. Undefeated, knock out artist, FW Champion, marketable.

Is there anything stopping this man from becoming the most popular combat sports star in the world?
I'd say there's a chance if he keeps ko'ing fools, he's huge in Europe.

if he changes his name to mcfluria then maybe
P365x52-346_Oreo-caramel_Solutions_%2811349610634%29.jpg

Nah he isn’t charismatic. There is some stuff that comes off real cringey like the rose in the box promo. Maybe it’s considered really cool in Spain or something.
Spaniard here. It is not considered cool. To be honest, I wish he talked less shit, specially against someone as loved as Max

Probably Max Holloway lol.

But yes.. Topuria is too stoic and too calm to be that popular.

MMA fans gravitate more towards more eccentric characters.. to put it in a polite way.

Not unless he starts juicing

(maybe if he punches an old man at his local, throws a hand truck at a bus window filled with fighters and knocks out Burnie - then we can talk)
I see you missed this one.

Conor is 0-0-1 in bars with his last fight coming against an old Irish dude who never knew he was in a fight.
Illia is 1-0 at bars with a violent KO over a bigger guy that wanted that smoke.

Topuria is undisputed champ and his star power is significantly less than McGregor's was by his 2nd or 3rd fight in the UFC lmaooo

As much as I love the fighter in the octagon and the persona he has outside, Volk's aura and legacy are nowhere near Aldo's.

Conor’s legend was built on his knockout of one of the most memorable fighters of all time.

So NO, is the response imho.

U cant be bigger then the original by copying the original...

Especially if the original is still around ...

Dude is a spanish/georgian knock off... and is annoying just like the original...ill give him that ..

Probably the most unlikeable champ currently IMO ... outside of maybe O'Malley

Them two are neck and neck

Unfortunately Topuria has negative charisma

No, he has nowhere near the showmanship and is already despised by many while acting like a diva before his first defense. In fact, I expect the UFC to double book title fights on his cards just like they did with Izzy to create the illusion he is a draw.

Lol Izzy is definitely a draw. When the UFC double books title fights it's typically because the comain isn't a draw on its own. See Zhang v Yan on UFC 300. If Leon v Belal happens it will probably be a comain as well.

Back