Will Topuria be bigger than Mcgregor?

He is more likely to be the next Israel Adesanya than Connor.

The guy is the total package. Undefeated, knock out artist, FW Champion, marketable.

The way he defeated Volk is reminiscent of how Conor took out Aldo.

Is there anything stopping this man from becoming the most popular combat sports star in the world?

He's not that marketable tho...he's pretty cringe on the mic. I like Ilia and agree with you on superstardom but mostly because what he does in the octagon...on the mic it came very naturally to McGregor. Ilia is just forcing it

Just because they are both douchebags doesn't mean they are both marketable douchebags with massive star potential. Conor was already more popular than Topuria is rn when he made his debut. Conor was younger than Topuria is when he got 825k buys against Mendes and the same age when he did 1.2m buys against Aldo.

Didn't Conor literally get the blackout treatment on the prelims in his freaking debut?

no he aint white.....yup i said it. its the truth...they only push white dudes like that.
<BC1><BC1><BC1>
UFC only sees green. They dont care about that.

Conor got really popular when he was fighting often and all his interviews were trending and being put everywhere at the same time. No way a champion can get that momentum. I don't remember the last Champ that sold tons of PPVs after he was champ.

He could be big if he keeps putting people to sleep. Especially other big names who’ve called him out like Holloway and O’Malley. How is he on the mic though? Anything like McGregor in his prime?

sean omalley does not bring in " green" yet is pushed like crazy....thats why they have yet to release his ppv buys for 299
Yeah but they see him as potentially being that guy for them. He has his own following. They wanna hitch their wagon to him.

From what I know of him I doubt it. He hasn't shown the charisma.

Yeah but they see him as potentially being that guy for them. He has his own following. They wanna hitch their wagon to him.
no way dude is champ and no one cares.....no one will care. he doesnt have the "It" factor. but they trying their asses off

The guy is the total package. Undefeated, knock out artist, FW Champion, marketable.

Is there anything stopping this man from becoming the most popular combat sports star in the world?
Nope.

Gtfo with that comparison.

Against Aldo, Conor broke the record for fastest title fight finish in mma history (p4p, in both men and women, including subs/KOs).
Cant compare a 13 second blinkNmiss to a 2 round backNforth.

No. And we probably won't see another fighter like Mcgregor anytime soon. He came at the perfect time when UFC was opening up to the masses in terms of sponsor deals, tv deals etc. He's charismatic and his fights always delivered. You don't see that nowadays, all you're getting is getting cookie cutter like fighters.

Back