Will Topuria be bigger than Mcgregor?

If we compare their fights ONLY leading up to the FW strap, I don't think so and I am not even a Conor hugger.

Conor beat Aldo, Mendes, Poirier, Max
Ilia beat Volk, Emmett, Mitchell, Ryan Hall?
Wtf? When you people stop looking at resumes ? Maybe look at fighters skills? Ilia topuria wrestlefcks ragdolls and finishes conor in two rounds max
Also topuria would beat everyone conor has beat

Wtf? When you people stop looking at resumes ? Maybe look at fighters skills? Ilia topuria wrestlefcks ragdolls and finishes conor in two rounds max
You sound like Ilia's mom lol

You sound like Ilia's mom lol
Nah.. bcs i am not casual sherdoger who thinks volk beats ilia bcs he has good resume? Or everyone is better than ilia bcs they have better resumes? I am watching for skill not resumes

Nah.. bcs i am not casual sherdoger who thinks volk beats ilia bcs he has good resume? Or everyone is better than ilia bcs they have better resumes? I am watching for skill not resumes
Yeah and everyone is watching Ilia duck Max. Bye

doubtful, 45 conor was like a mythical beast.

Also it wasn't just the in octogon performance, he could build a fight unlike anyone before or after, that is what made him so famous!

I don't know that Topuria is any better wrestler than a juiced up Mendes was and I doubt he is.

Mendes tried that and didn't go well.

I personally think prime 145 Conor starches Ilia, look what Herbert did to him..

Last edited:
Top landed a clean lucky shot on Volk, now he thinks he's king kong.
Nope.
He looked like a scared little rabbit after Max kod Justin.

Youngins talk about rizz...

Conor had it by the bushels. Ilia hasn't shown any to date. I don't see him ever closing the PPV sale gap, either.

The guy is the total package. Undefeated, knock out artist, FW Champion, marketable.

The way he defeated Volk is reminiscent of how Conor took out Aldo.

Is there anything stopping this man from becoming the most popular combat sports star in the world?

Maybe on his fighting acumen especially if he can capture a two-weight two-belt championship like Conor, but other than that Topuria is vastly different in character and it was Conor's character that sold more than his actual fighting which was rather limited to striking.

man this guy is the champ and people hardly know of him.
people knew about conor when he wasn't even fighting for the belt.

The guy is the total package. Undefeated, knock out artist, FW Champion, marketable.

The way he defeated Volk is reminiscent of how Conor took out Aldo.

Is there anything stopping this man from becoming the most popular combat sports star in the world?
He prolly never be as big as Conor as Conor was also more interesting personality too… Conor was gathering attention even when he first fought in UFC

We, he already has as many successful title defenses as Conor, so he has that going for him

This is a laughable, and hard no.

Homeboy is cocky, but otherwise has a boring persona, and has recently turned a ton of people off, with his lame comments.

Stardom is predicated on stars. Just being an exciting fighter in the ring isn't enough. It never has been. Topuria isn't that guy. Sean isn't that guy. Khamzat isn't that guy.

Ali was the first
Tyson was feared.
Conor was impenetrable psychologically.

Will Topuria be more successful is another question. Possibly.

i don't think so. connor was a troll and an asshole but he was relatable in the way he was to the masses so they loved him. even if werne't assholes, he carried himself in a way they wished they could be assholes.

ilia level of being asshole is not relatable to people. so he won't be as big as mcgregor

I don't know that Topuria is any better wrestler than a juiced up Mendes was and I doubt he is.

Mendes tried that and didn't go well.

I personally think prime 145 Conor starches Ilia, look what Herbert did to him..
Ilia is 10 times better wrestler and grappler than mendes and just bcs ilia ate head kick from one of the biggest LW u think he is not good? Lol he came back and knocked fuck out of him you guys have no idea about fighting and just talking shit

Last edited:
Ilia is 10 times better wrestler and grappler than mendes and just bcs ilia ate head kick from one of the biggest LW u think he is not good? Lol he came back and knocked fuck out of him you guys have no idea about fighting and just talking shit
{<BJPeen}

Anybody can look like a worldbeater against inferior competition.

Ilia has yet to prove himself other than a 35 yr old Volk.

Yea his KO of Herbert was impressive, but he had just been finished twice in the 3 fights leading up to Topuria.

I dont understand this young fighters who copy Conor and think people wont notice... just be yourself kid

It hasnt turn out so well so far for all the Conor copycats

Back