Elections Will Trump be on the primary and/or general ballot? (SCOTUS says Trump will remain 9-0)

And when the defendant is convicted of any of the 91 (so far) felony charges I'm guessing you'll support the Colorado supreme court in barring him from the ballot?

If it is all legitimate, yes. I'd like to see a hell of a lot more politicians taken down than just Trump. The corruption in Washington is absolutely out of control. Hopefully you will support your side getting taken down as well.

I’ll save you the research trouble: the verbiage the POTUS uses when being sworn in comes straight from the Constitution, Article 2. It’s been “preserve, protect, and defend” since George Washington.

The question is, does that constitute an oath to support it? I think the language in the 14th is purposely broad and in order to encompass any federal office-holder. But it’s an interesting debate.
It’s not purposefully broad, it’s narrow, they spell out every office they say swore an oath to “support” the constitution, President isn’t one of them.

There’s ONE office that is NOT listed in the 14th, and that specific oath of office is the only one that does not say “support” that’s a careful choice of words, not a mistake. There were scores of attorneys general, generals, army soldiers, mayors, governors, senators, judges and congressmen who defected to the CSA, not one confederate took an oath of office to “preserve, protect and defend” moreover the CSA president Jefferson Davis was a US Senator and was covered by “sworn to support” because he gave that Oath.

Yeah such a small minority think it's a witch hunt that he's leading in the polls. And LOL @ being an anti-democracy troll trying to get the most popular candidate off the ballot because you're afraid of losing an election against him

Hillary also led in polls. Republicans led in polls that they got hammered in last mid-terms. Also the polls arent about if they think all legal proceedings are a witch hunt, there are plenty of people who think Trump violated laws, and know Trump violated laws, but will still say they intend to vote for him. MAGA cultists do not reflect a majority of Americans

The candidate should be off the ballot for violating the Constitution. Being dismissive of the Constitution to afford leadership opportunities to an authoritarian fraud is not something the Country owes him.

It’s not purposefully broad, it’s narrow, they spell out every office they say swore an oath to “support” the constitution, President isn’t one of them.

There’s ONE office that is NOT listed in the 14th, and that specific oath of office is the only one that does not say “support” that’s a careful choice of words, not a mistake. There were scores of attorneys general, generals, army soldiers, mayors, governors, senators, judges and congressmen who defected to the CSA, not one confederate took an oath of office to “preserve, protect and defend” moreover the CSA president Jefferson Davis was a US Senator and was covered by “sworn to support” because he gave that Oath.

The President is not a King, the office of the Presidency was not unlisted in the 14th Amendment because it's an exception to it. Utter nonsense

Hillary also led in polls. Republicans led in polls that they got hammered in last mid-terms. Also the polls arent about if they think all legal proceedings are a witch hunt, there are plenty of people who think Trump violated laws, and know Trump violated laws, but will still say they intend to vote for him. MAGA cultists do not reflect a majority of Americans

but the maga quacks call themselves the silent majority. the same group that never shuts the fuck up. the same group who are fixated over crowd sizes. the same group who has only won the popular vote 1 time in the last 39 years throughout 10 presidential election cycles, and hasn't won the popular vote for over 19 years.

they should do away with the gerrymandering, get rid of the electoral college, and make it easier for everybody to cast in their vote and i'll bet they could turn it around.

The President is not a King, the office of the Presidency was not unlisted in the 14th Amendment because it's an exception to it. Utter nonsense
And the Oath of office for the President has been the same since DAY ONE, it’s not “unlisted” it was a carefully argued, debated and crafted amendment that took time and the eyes of many lawyers before it got accepted. If they wanted it to apply they would’ve changed one word and made it apply

Why should people not be able to vote for people who were convicted of a crime?

Why should felons serving in prison not be allowed to vote?

Why shouldn't Kim Jong Un be allowed yo run for president?

Where I'm from felons in prison can vote and I'm fine with that. They're still citizens.

Well this is a start anyway.

"Republican lawmakers in
three swing states have announced their plan to remove President Joe Biden from their state ballots."

""Democrats' insane justification to remove Trump can just as easily be applied to Joe Biden for his 'insurrection' at the southern border"

And so continues the Republican's endless struggle with the definitions of words.

I do like how they immediately scuttle their own argument by admitting that they themselves think it's "insane".

Then surely you think the popular vote should decide the Presidency then, since that's the actual will of the people, right?

That's how they do it in most countries and it's the way that makes the most sense.

Not sure if that'd be an autowin for the democrats though because I'm sure the current system leads to a lot of people just staying home because they feel that their vote in their home state is useless anyway.

i want to know why a golden retriever cannot become POTUS. i know about insurrectionists and rebels, but there's nothing i know of in the constitution that specifically mentions a golden retriever being barred from presidential office. if they can become mayors, there's no reason i know of that prevents them from becoming POTUS.

as long as the dog is a resident of the united states and hasnt rebelled against its handlers or taken over the ASPCA or bitten any whitehouse staffers during a pupsurrection, it should be qualified to hold office. i guess maybe the dog would have to be around 5 years old, as that would equate to roughly around the age of 35 human years required to hold presidential office.

yeah. mayor max of the scenic little hiker haven mountain village for president. this golden retriever has prior experience in the field of politics, he doesnt have 91 felony charges stacked against him, and he's smarter than both of these geriatric old fucks who are running for office.

Last edited:
""Democrats' insane justification to remove Trump can just as easily be applied to Joe Biden for his 'insurrection' at the southern border"

And so continues the Republican's endless struggle with the definitions of words.

I do like how they immediately scuttle their own argument by admitting that they themselves think it's "insane".

Sure it's bullshit but the organization that wanted this are democrats (yes I know that had to get a couple of RINOs to represent but it's democrats doing the work) so I support using the same weapons against them.

Fire with fire and I've got plenty of marshmallows.

Other positions just require regional popularity.
Sorry looks like i missed this reply. If it's just a matter of scale I think it's a weak argument to say this doesn't apply to Presidents, former Presidents, or anyone else running for President.

Sorry looks like i missed this reply. If it's just a matter of scale I think it's a weak argument to say this doesn't apply to Presidents, former Presidents, or anyone else running for President.

My take is not based on the letter of the law as much as a consideration of the effects, which I think should and often is generally taken into account (whether people want to admit it or not).

If you can't come up with a candidate who could beat a convicted felon then you seriously have to wonder about your standards indeed.
Fair enough. I’ll mark you down for the “zero standards for president” crowd. The Christmas party is small, but pretty much everyone gets laid!

I assume you’re in favor of letting felons vote, yeah?

Fair enough. I’ll mark you down for the “zero standards for president” crowd. The Christmas party is small, but pretty much everyone gets laid!

I assume you’re in favor of letting felons vote, yeah?

My personal standards are very high, both for who I'd vote for and for democracy. Looks like yours are low in both scenarios. Vote for a shit candidate and try to get the other one kicked off the ballot. Amazing stuff.

Back