windy 14oz training and title platnium 14 oz training gloves

g868

White Belt
Reaction score
I will do a review of both since both were purchased within the last month..the windy hook and loop 14 oz gloves are great quality..my only problem is that they are fairly stiff..I have had them for about a month and after about 10 heavy bag sessions they did't soften up much..I was concerned about using them for sparring so I purchased the title platnium 14oz hook and loop gloves..They are much softer and seem to be much better for medium to heavy sparring..title's quality is not as good as windy's though..I will be using my windy's for all of my training except when I sparr ill use the title platniums

I heard after a good session the Windy's break in............I guess I don't have to worry about buying bag gloves now.:D

Pro T mex equipment i would suggest to use the stuffing is high quality horse hair and the gloves dont loose there shape and stiffness

Windy are made form very, very good quality leather. Yes they are quite stiff initially but they will break in over time. The thickness of the leather used does mean that they are initially stiff but you will find over time they soften. They may take longer to break in than some of their competitors but the good thing is they will last a lot longer than may of their competitors. I buy both Windy and Twins direct from Thailand and a pay slightly more per unit for the Windy than the Twins. This is down to the quality and thickness of the leather and construction. If you wanted immediate softness and quality then go for Cleto Reyes who make their gloves form Goat skin rather than Cow skin but you pay a price for such quality. Cleto Reyes are not cheap.

My windys have just started to break in after about 100 rounds lol. Great gloves though!

I just got a pair of Windy 160z. training gloves from UPS like 5 minutes ago. I'm going to the gym tonight, we'll see how they do. Quality looks AMAZING, just looking at them, and other people seem to agree. I'm pretty excited!!

Kenna said:
I just got a pair of Windy 160z. training gloves from UPS like 5 minutes ago. I'm going to the gym tonight, we'll see how they do. Quality looks AMAZING, just looking at them, and other people seem to agree. I'm pretty excited!!

Please update us.

3s_em1 said:
Please update us.

Took them to the gym yesterday, and they were as good as I expected. I'm kinda new to boxing/serious hand work, so I prolly can't give as insightful of a report as a more experienced boxer or MT person could, but so far they are great, and seem very well constructed. A buddy of mine has some similarly priced (~$70) white lace up 16oz. Everlasts (these, I believe), and his seem way softer. I guess thats good for sparring, but I won't be doing much of that anytime soon, and the Windy's felt alot more sturdy/supportive hitting the heavy bag than the Everlasts. And they look great.:D

I'll write a follow up in a while after I've had a chance to break them in a bit. Initial impression is excellent.

:icon_chee

Back